Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mmmmm

Demon Slayer manga sales reach 12 million copies (high chance to overthrow one piece from 1st place for the first time in 13 years)

Posted (edited)

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba  has sold more than 7.5 Million copies this year alone, and the manga sales isn't slowing down anytime soon. At the beginning of this year the manga sales stood at 3.7 million but with the popularity of the anime it boosted the sales. As of October 2019, the series has sold more than 12 million copies worldwide. The manga has a high chance to dethrone one piece from 1st on the yearly chart in 13 years.

The closest manga got to reach one piece title was Attack On Titan which was stood at 11,728,368 copies and One Piece sold 11,885,957 copies, but it failed by by a small margin. In recent years One piece saw a small decline in sale figures, durning 2018 the manga has sold 8,113,317 which means that if the figures of 2019 stay the same as 2018 then for the first in over a decade a manga other than One Piece will reach #1. 

Edited by mmmmm
  • Like 1

Im in love with this series. I first picked up the anime but since the season 1 is over with no date for the season 2, i had to start to read it. 

That's actually a huge deal

1 minute ago, Iceprince said:

Im in love with this series. I first picked up the anime but since the season 1 is over with no date for the season 2, i had to start to read it. 

instead of making a new season they are planning to turn the next arc (ch 53-ch 66) into a movie which is depicted from the original manga instead of doing the usual route of making a movie that doesn't relate to the manga and has completely separate events   

Masterpiece, deserve it. I need 2nd season as well 😭

Oh 👀

Never heard of this manga, but might have to pick it up if it's becoming one of the new big shonens. 

Deserved

32 minutes ago, Just Peachy said:

Oh 👀

Never heard of this manga, but might have to pick it up if it's becoming one of the new big shonens. 

50 minutes ago, BlazingCobaltX said:

Never heard of this manga, maybe I'll give it a try. 

out of all the anime that came out in the last 3 years, this one is definitely the best. start with the anime and then switch to the manga which continues at chapter 53.  

The anime was amazing. Can't wait for season 2 

20 minutes ago, mmmmm said:

out of all the anime that came out in the last 3 years, this one is definitely the best. start with the anime and then switch to the manga which continues at chapter 53.  

Thanks for this advice. I think I'll do that 👍

Posted (edited)

first week sales for both manga's that came out this week (plus old editions):

one piece: 1,251,000

and KNY 1,114,000

the gap between them is less than 600k 

Edited by mmmmm

As it deserves, truly one of the best mangas I've read in a long time