Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
d7thsense

MV-K SuperM 슈퍼엠 ‘Jopping’ MV

2 minutes ago, monraine said:

Is it a bad song? No it isn't. It isn't really my style though, unfortunately. This is not SM's year, apart from Taeyeon, I didn't love any other SM releases. Hopefully they don't destroy exo's upcoming album and discography, is all I care about.

EXO always deliver, i think their discography will be fine.

btw Baekhyun solo album is so good

It's not as bad as what I heard on a tweet (a leaked version), but it's not good either. It's just ok, at least some of the parts (I like Baek and Tae's parts the most). The lyrics are not that great either.

Edited by frozentear
  • Tea 1

2 hours ago, soyundorito said:

Yo funny coincidence, thepeople hating are all from the same fandom lol ok you guys know y'all don't really have to spread the hate everyday, like you can ignore the group? i have seen the same threads by the same people with the same people commenting each other with only hate towards the group like chill, not even fans are that dedicated

i dont like b** but yall dont see me making threads about how bad their music is everyday, calm down go out or something

tea :hurr:

• Tea 3
  • Clown 2
  • Dislike 1

OMG TEN'S DANCE BREAK!! 

The song is OK. It's nothing new, the same lyrics are repeated multiple times and now I can't get them off my head. Totally being bias but I was hoping Ten would get more lines since he is the lead vocalist. The song reminds me a lot of NCT 127 title songs (a lot of MarkYong rapping followed by some vocals)

• Like 1
  • Tea 1
  • Clown 2

It's pretty good. Idk if the leaked ver was that bad or people were just exaggerating

Edited by soman

Even the MV is bad despite the budget. 626252 transitions and It hurt my head

• Like 3
  • Clown 2
  • Dislike 3

Hmm it's not bad. It just sounds like a 127 title song. Not that it's a bad thing but I just expected something else. You put 2 of the most distinctive voices of nct which is Mark and Taeyong if that's not clear then it just leans towards 127 to me. And then you've got the we jumping we popping we jopping line. The stands out of the song are definitely Baek and Taemin. *chef's kiss*

I'll probably listen to it a couple more times but I just wish they incorporated everyone more into the track.

• Like 2

TrY HaRD 

What made me cant take this song seriously because they are too serious with an average song and cringy lyrics and MV ... their ambition is too high for this song.

• Dislike 1

It was actually a little better than the leak. The lyrics were not good but that was expected. The beat was actually quite good but the rest of the song from the way it was sung to the bridge was so typical SM. Nothing really new or unique. Like you could take only the bridge, tell me it was from another SM song and I would believe it. I mean that is not a bad thing but they couldn't have done this US promotions thing with any of their NCT songs without spending so much.

The mv was entertaining. Although the graphics didn't seem as good as I would expect at times.

Baekhyun shone the  most and his parts along with Mark's were the best.

All in all, not a bad song for sure but underwhelming for this hype.

• Dislike 1

On second listen, Baekhyun killed it. Play the music loud... this song really needs more baekhyun!  It actually sounds, good to me except for the chorus which is messy, noisy.  I do want to see the performance and the dance practice for this one. Judging by the mv, it looks good.  Kai really sets the stage well for the mv too!  Taemin's verses kinda transported me to a michael jackson era... lol i don't know it just feels like it.  He's really good though.  Nct boys did well too!  But like i said, too much rap, too few vocals

Edited by copperfire

10 minutes ago, Velvet Queen said:

did anybody else notice kai teleporting? sm said we still living on the exoplanet

also no manners is the that song, just saying

yes yes yes i noticed 🤧 and you right it's a whole bop 🤧

i need to listen to everything again, now that it's not 5am

Edited by Chu chu~

Taemin and Baek sound lovely.
thats about it .

• Like 1
  • Tea 2

kai ate this tbh

this song needed a better chorus, also this whole jumping and popping thing is kinda corny

• Clown 1
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, MidnightEXO said:

This thread proves to me some things never change. What's the point in going to great lengths to say you dislike something, If you don't like it. That's fine. 

its also interesting how the positive reactions are getting negged. like why would you go into thread of a group that doesnt concern you and downvote the positive posts? its baffling.

Edited by strawberry melon
  • Like 2
  • Tea 1

I F*CKING LOVE IT, I wasn't expecting anything maybe thats why I loved it so much. I never understand this project and I wasn't really into it, but after listening to this bop and watching this masterpiece MV I'm supporting them on all the things they do :raep:

• Like 2

its alright, not terribly bad.

not a big fan of the chorus.

Baekhyun and Taemin sound good and Mark was by far the highlight cause dude ate his parts

All in All, i think this debut should've been a lot stronger. Felt very tame.

7 hours ago, Omni said:

SM got their favourite robots together and this was the end result? Eeek.

Horrendous.

while i do respect different opinions, cause music is music and everyone has different tastes, this is very uncalled for. robots? you can dislike a song, there is no need to sh*t on the artists, who are by the way human being like you and me. i've been a fan of taemin for almost 10 years and i've heard this kind of "jabs" for as long as i can remember. not only you are needlessly disrespectful towards people who have done nothing to you, but also very unoriginal. oh, and the people liking this are on the same low level as you.

and yes, i'm very triggered, because i'm tired of you all.

---

this said, the song sounds very old school kpop mixed with nct 127 vibes (I guess it's because of taeyong and mark's way of rapping). seeing how i was around in 2012-13 kpop, this is nice and kinda nostalgic to my ears, but i had wished they would have taken a different route. it kinda reminds me of maxstep and yeah, also, tvxq's catch me, which was already mentioned. i do agree, it totally has those vibes.

i like mark's part A LOT. 

i'm still wondering why they decided to have ten rap??? he is a vocalist? and his voice is freaking fine, so i'm ??? 

i've to rewatch the mv to appreciate it better (plus listen to the song again to focus on each member individually), i'll do it tonight when i have time. anyway, overall i like it. i'm not gonna say i went crazy about it, but i'm sure it's gonna grow on me. even tho the entire hopping jumping jopping business sounds really corny to me, but, i mean, i used to find cherry bomb's "if you're happy and you know it clap your hands" cringe af and now i jam to it as if i get paid to do it, who knowwwwws.

about the album, i liked every single track on it, but i guess for now my fave is "no manners". also, the instrumental for "i can't stand the rain" is great. 

at the end of the day, the members are enjoying themselves and are excited about having new experiences and learning new things, so i'm good. 

• Like 1

MV is very nicely done, boys look lovely, but I still am not into the song (with the exception of vocal harmonizing break)
For each his/her own I guess