Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
Baby Pickle

I have a question for LGBTIQ+ community people

What is your opinion on people saying 'x idols makes me feel so gay', 'I am gay for x idol' etc. Also this senstence is mostly said by hetros usually so I was wondering what your guys opinion on it is and if it's offending.

uh no, I don't find it offensive in the least, I might think "well, maybe you're not so straight after all:imstupid:", but I don't really care overall.

Edited by _universo
  • Clown 1

I don't really care. Like I'm 100% a lesbian but I have no trouble admitting a guy is good looking. I guess it's kind of like that for straights? Unsure. In any case; I don't think it's offensive or anything.

I don't really care because those people are not part of my life. 

All it does is show that they have a very shallow understanding of what it means to be LGBTQ+, and that's on them not me. It just irks me a bit because it sort of implies that you can "turn" gay and it completely erases orientations such as bisexuality. I don't find it offensive though, and i just roll my eyes when i come across it. 

Edited by tafattsbarn
  • Love 1

I don't really have a problem with it. If they were treating it like something to be disgusted by, I'd probably be a bit annoyed. But if it's something they're talking about positively, that's fine. 

lol the amount of times I felt like writing that... Then remember I can't be gay for anyone when I'm gay in general...

no opinion. its cringe at the most.

tho i am not even attracted rly to the idols/celebrities i am a fan of. so its just a strange idea to me. (for example, i am a lesbian but my fav idols are mostly guys. i've seen people not believe ppl are lesbian if their faves are guys)

Personally, that phrase is just weird to me. 

I mostly agree with:

On 9/29/2019 at 2:00 PM, tafattsbarn said:

All it does is show that they have a very shallow understanding of what it means to be LGBTQ+, and that's on them not me. It just irks me a bit because it sort of implies that you can "turn" gay and it completely erases orientations such as bisexuality. I don't find it offensive though, and i just roll my eyes when i come across it. 

On 9/29/2019 at 3:00 PM, tafattsbarn said:

nailed it

You CAN'T turn gay, if you're queer then you discover yourself to be so. You can't possibly just turn it in and then turn it off, you're just it.

• Love 3