Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  
katt

Official Produce 101 Japan Thread

That awkward feel when you have to play catch up on episodes before the finale 😓

Also makes me sad that all the Halo guys left. I get Heecheon's reasoning (seems to have not been doing well health-wise), but the other two kind of came out of nowhere really. The only plus side that came from that was Yugo getting a second chance, though I don't think it's likely he'll get in the final group anyway.

The most I can hope for is at least Jun sliding in ;A;

edit Also please can we get a group name that is good this time and not basically mirroring how the Korean seasons were naming groups :x

Edited by dubious

The line debut is unexpected

Spoiler

But am so happy mamehara is the center .. 

my picks all made it and am so happy .. Ruki , shosei , mamehara

the thing that shoked me that six pack members  made it except tomoaki who was always in the top 11

1 hour ago, modernBTS said:

Reveal hidden contents

the thing that shoked me that six pack members  made it except tomoaki who was always in the top 11

It wasn't that surprising for me, as I said in other thread

Spoiler

I always thought that Mame would win.

Also, thought that Tomoaki and Sho would cancel each other. Sho was one of my picks so I am happy for him.

Also happy with Takumi, Shosei, Ruki and Sukai. I think it's a good lineup.

But Yugo... I was so convinced that he had no chance that knowing that he almost made it makes me feel really sad 😞

3 hours ago, modernBTS said:

Reveal hidden contents

Most of it seemed pretty normal, outside of Tomoaki's push out and Sukai getting in. And I guess to a small extent Jun's push out too, but I was kind of expecting it (albeit not with as drastic of a place drop).

I'm watching the whole series and in episode 2, I already know who are going to make it. All of final members have so much screen time since episode 2. 

The others doesn't even have a chance. 

Produce 101 Season 2 will remain a sentimental fave of mine as my boy makes it as the no 1 in the end, but frankly if I have to pick the best Produce series, I'll go with Produce 101 Japan. 

On 12/17/2019 at 5:31 AM, karlo_098 said:

I'm watching the whole series and in episode 2, I already know who are going to make it. All of final members have so much screen time since episode 2. 

The others doesn't even have a chance. 

Well the editors can't give equal screentime to everyone, why do you think they film the first four episodes well in advance ? They need time to watch all that footage and find out on who's the most interesting to watch and worth dedicating a storyline to.

And of course the amount of screentime will influence viewers, so editing is going to determine a big part of the lineup. It's not rocket science to figure that out. At least the PD101JP production team chose who to feature based on criteria than made sense for an idol group - the boys are all pretty good looking, skilled, and endearing in their own way - and weren't influenced by companies paying them alcool and whores since there was nobody behind the trainees to bribe them.

Edited by reiichi

6 hours ago, modernBTS said:

omg i didnt know yugo ranked 12 .. so he was really close to make it to the debut line this is so sad

I know... I'm still devastated 😭

Christmas messages from trainees...

Edited by Gene_e

Also, it's nice to see the boys hanging out after the show ended.

GFKzsN1.jpg

Not sure who else is going to be in it, but currently three of the top 20 (Jun, Shunya and Yugo) and Yoondong are going to be debuting together as Orbit Union.

Minato, Raira, Hikaru, and Koshin will be debuting in a 6-member J-Pop boy group called BUGVEL with:

YGTB/Produce X 101 alumni Wang Jyunhao (stage name GUNO) and Hidaka Mahiro

clockwise from top left:  Minato, Mahiro, Raira, Koshin, Hikaru, and GUNO

bugvel-1536x1024-jpg.314151

Twitter: https://twitter.com/bugvel_official

Edited by Poetry

Season 2 is casting.

It's another boy group

Looks like their label is trying to compete with johnny's.

finally finished this season

all my faves made it except tomo and yugo but knowing they're with another group now makes me feel better

i like the lineup ^_^

On 11/18/2020 at 11:26 PM, Punchy said:

Season 2 is casting.

It's another boy group

Looks like their label is trying to compete with johnny's.

Some fans actually have this assumption. In order to break the supposed "monopoly" of BG in Japanese entertainment scene, the label is required to have several strong BGs to offer an alternative.