Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
katt

Official Produce 101 Japan Thread

The hosts are a bit of a mess in general. Fans were very upset after the first evaluation because they kept making sexual jokes in front of minors and questionable jokes towards the Korean trainees.

In other news, the finale will air on December 11 on TBS during prime time which is very good news. MAMA is a week earlier but I'm still expecting the top 20(?) to do something with the ceremony being held in Japan this year. 

• Love 1

Posted (edited)

My visual pick and my variety pick together!

giphy.gif

(They're supposed to be 1 cm height difference.  Someone is lying!)

Edited by Poetry
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Supervillain said:

The hosts are a bit of a mess in general. Fans were very upset after the first evaluation because they kept making sexual jokes in front of minors and questionable jokes towards the Korean trainees.

In other news, the finale will air on December 11 on TBS during prime time which is very good news. MAMA is a week earlier but I'm still expecting the top 20(?) to do something with the ceremony being held in Japan this year. 

Yes, I heard about the fans being pissed with the hosts because of their jokes and it's completely understandable. Inappropriate and disrespectful jokes, not funny at all.

Happy about the news that they are broadcasting the final at prime time! About MAMA I was thinking the same but with the recent news and scandals surrounding the Produce brand in Korea I'm not so sure now, even though I would love to see the trainees performing there.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Gene_e said:

Yes, I heard about the fans being pissed with the hosts because of their jokes and it's completely understandable. Inappropriate and disrespectful jokes, not funny at all.

Happy about the news that they are broadcasting the final at prime time! About MAMA I was thinking the same but with the recent news and scandals surrounding the Produce brand in Korea I'm not so sure now, even though I would love to see the trainees performing there.

All the scandals surrounding the Mnet survival shows is a concern but it would still be a missed opportunity if they don't use MAMA to promote them since there are rumors that they want this group to be pushed outside of Japan too (though take everything with a grain of salt since they haven't made their plans for the winning group known as of yet). Have no idea if  the current Mnet and CJ E&M controversies will affect those plans tho (if they're true).

Edited by Supervillain

Has anyone been able to watch this on Yahoo!  Japan's GYAO?  

I like how they treat better A class trainees unlike previous produce and they don't add unnecessary drama

my dream team after episode 3

1. Mame chan

2. Aoki

3. Sato Keigo

4. Hico

5. Takumi

6. Yugo

7. Shunya

8. Ando Tomoaki

9. Kono Junki

soft spot for Ren, Ryuta, Ozawa Naoki and Miyazato Tatsutoshi

5 hours ago, beagles said:

I like how they treat better A class trainees unlike previous produce and they don't add unnecessary drama

After watching the first two episodes I have to say I really like how they've edited the show so far, the drama they did show didn't seem forced, just boys cracking under the intense pressure. Also the trainers seem to be very helpful and competent. Everyone's super likable, reminds me of Idol Producer honestly ! (second time after the choice of center for the theme song, Ren's confidence really reminds me of Xukun's)

Edited by reiichi

Well, hope the camera get better next round 
They seem like don't have experience filming stuffs outside of soloists and bands even the focus cam only work best with vocal teams
adadad

Edited by Asryuki

5 hours ago, Asryuki said:

Well, hope the camera get better next round 
They seem like don't have experience filming stuffs outside of soloists and bands even the focus cam only work best with vocal teams
adadad

Idk I think probably the problem is the crew of the show because is not as if they didn't have in Japan music shows where GG and BG perform on daily a basis. Japanese fans complained about the camera work so I hope it will improve in future episodes.

9 minutes ago, Gene_e said:

Idk I think probably the problem is the crew of the show because is not as if they didn't have in Japan music shows where GG and BG perform on daily a basis. Japanese fans complained about the camera work so I hope it will improve in future episodes.

They still have enough groups to give them some experience or many crews have that experience imo .... like JE, LDH, H!P, 46/48G and Avex groups. Unless Yoshimoto decided to have their comedy filming crew film this sjjsksks. I can understand if they dont know what to do with the focus cam tho. But focus cam in Keyaki game is decent as heck.

9 minutes ago, Asryuki said:

They still have enough groups to give them some experience or many crews have that experience imo .... like JE, LDH, H!P, 46/48G and Avex groups. Unless Yoshimoto decided to have their comedy filming crew film this sjjsksks. I can understand if they dont know what to do with the focus cam tho. But focus cam in Keyaki game is decent as heck.

Tbh it was kinda annoying that during the performances they didn't film the right trainees during their lines, I couldn't see some of them at all. Also, they film the audience a lot and during the killer parts of the songs. 😞

3 minutes ago, Gene_e said:

Tbh it was kinda annoying that during the performances they didn't film the right trainees during their lines, I couldn't see some of them at all. Also, they film the audience a lot and during the killer parts of the songs. 😞

Yea the crew just being unexperience ... Japan has many crew worked with heavy dance groups. Even Yoshimoto has two groups and they hired an unexperience fliming crew welp. I can barely take the focus cam of dance groups cuz everytime they move its BLUR SKKSJDH

19 minutes ago, Asryuki said:

Yea the crew just being unexperience ... Japan has many crew worked with heavy dance groups. Even Yoshimoto has two groups and they hired an unexperience fliming crew welp. I can barely take the focus cam of dance groups cuz everytime they move its BLUR SKKSJDH

Hahahaha true! I hope they improve or hire more people with experience. I didn't know Yoshimoto manages groups already. Which ones?

Btw sad news Koyama Shogo has withdrawn from the show

2 hours ago, Gene_e said:

Hahahaha true! I hope they improve or hire more people with experience. I didn't know Yoshimoto manages groups already. Which ones?

Btw sad news Koyama Shogo has withdrawn from the show

Oh wait NMB48 is not under Yoshimoto anymore so it left Yoshimotozaka46 their only group.

1 hour ago, Asryuki said:

Oh wait NMB48 is not under Yoshimoto anymore so it left Yoshimotozaka46 their only group.

Ahhh I see! Thank you!

12 hours ago, Asryuki said:

Yoshimoto bought the entirety of NMB back in June