Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A few matters to address:

1. Please check your notification settings! There are some new options you might want to adjust.

2. If a thread is missing pages, a mere cache issue, just add a new post for the pages to reappear.

3. The Activity page on your profile, while it was functioning earlier, it seems to no longer load. We're working on that but in the meanwhile you can still view your Status Updates and all other activities by clicking 'See my activities.'

4. You'll notice internal links in posts have been broken. We're very sorry to say we won't be able to fix this. You will have to edit your content to fix these links. All external links are fine though.

5. As traffic pours in, there may be some lag as the server adjusts its performance but we've got ourselves a great new server so hopefully it won't be a huge issue.

6. Everyone's Tokens are preserved! You will hear further from the Events Team in regards to that soon.

7. If you come across any other bugs or issues, please report them to this thread.

8. Night Vision, Ultra Night Vision and a brand new Dynamic Vision are on their way!

Welcome home everyone!

fb16936ab3550bbcb2f5b4b1c81f07ea.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 17

Alright, the server has not exploded so it's safe to say that we are up and running. I wasn't around when we all went live so this post is a little late but just to clarify a few things:

1. As @craZy mentioned, there is a LOT of traffic on the site right now. That was completely expected and really gives a good test sample as to how the server will handle the large load events such as a big group comeback or Dispatch releasing idol couple news. The server is handling itself very well, all things considered. As the next day or two goes by and the traffic decreases a bit, you'll start to see the true effects of the changes made.

2. We now use a dedicated caching engine to store static versions of the website and user sessions, rather than use the database where post and topic data is stored. Not only does that decrease the size of the database (which was 43 freaking gigabytes at one point!!), but will also increase page load speed.

3. Once the search index decides to finish its update, you'll notice increased speed and reliability of the forum search as that also uses a dedicated search engine.

4. Finally, we now have a LOT more flexibility to make website and server improvements that will help to improve your OneHallyu experience. Don't hesitate to report any issues that you are experiencing as that helps me and the other techs.

The forum software upgrade, alone, took about 7 weeks. A lot of the data conversion had to be done manually so, while the broken emojis and some of the other bugs are annoying, I consider the upgrade to be a success and I am glad that the site is back!!

• Like 5
  • Love 13

welcome back to OH everyone!

celebration hooray GIF

• Like 1
  • Love 6

Let’s go :lovestruck:

• Love 3

Welcome back!!

Anticipate the comeback events everyone. :ahmagah:

Just to address it again in case you missed the info in Zee's post, Tokens (plats, gold, silver and bronze) are all saved!
We are currently setting everything up for the new economy system, you'll get them back really soon.

Also if you wonder where did you Wons go, think about checking on your profile, they are all there!

• Love 3

Yehaw we back 

gretchen amp GIF

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Welcome back everyone! 

Big thanks to Zee, s4a and the entire staff for making this even better OH possible

• Love 3

AYYYYYYYYYYY

smh staff privileges look at this!

Edited by E S H E
  • Love 2

Hey hey it's FINALLY online again! 
A BIG WELCOME BACK!!!

0pp2so5.gif

• Love 1

Welcome back everyone!

Welcome back everyone!

• Clown 1