Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Pineapple

Feedback & Suggestions

On 3/12/2020 at 5:14 AM, Jang ManWol said:

Tiktok has been growing a lot and more idols are using it now, it would be nice if we could embed them here

We'll have to take a look if this is something supported with our software or not to allow for embedding. 

On 3/15/2020 at 4:59 PM, LaVieEnRose said:

Hello.

I was thinking now about the reaction you can put to somebody's post.

And I have a suggestion.

Woul you eliminate the "Tea" for a emoji like "Sad" or something like that?

Or also "Clown" for other thing...🤔🤨

Thank you ❤️

We already had a users vote poll previously in regards to the reactions, and at this time have no plans to remove or swap any of the options. 

On 3/26/2020 at 3:40 AM, satoori said:

the events team art work is always really cute. 

maybe OH could consider doing something more unique and creative with the default images near the different sections?

Those images were made by the graphics team (I'm assuming you meant them, and not events). They always bring new and amazing things to the table, so in future if they feel it is fitting for the theme they may make revisions to those as well. ^^

35 minutes ago, Chuan said:

I joked before saying that artist threads were an investment. I have reason to believe now that this is actually true.

Currently, users receive 100 WON whenever they reply or receive a reply from another user. OP holders who support their own threads receive only 100 WON. It is ideal, then - at least from the perspective of the OP holder - to not post.

Collaboration exists, but does not always happen.

1. In the music section, some OP holders of artist threads prefer to remain as the only contributors.

2. Others choose to provide rushed updates, which makes it less likely to want to collaborate.

3. Some OP holders remain inactive, or contribute very little towards developing their thread. Yet, they are entitled to receive the same benefits of those who willingly support and/or decide to make active contributions.

I don't think OP holders should be rewarded simply for holding a thread. I don't doubt there may be some OP holders who will send this WON received to other members to help them to buy items from the Member Shop. But, I feel most will not.

Unless there are more threads, such as this, where the intention has been stated (and it would help increase activity), I would like to suggest a reduction in the amount of WON received by OP holders. In my view, I feel they should receive no more than 10 WON per given reply. As for respondents, I think the amount should be kept as it is or increased only slightly. (A substantial increase in the amount received will only encourage people to not collaborate.)

It can be seen as providing no incentive for an OP to post, but on the other hand it can also be seen as providing incentive for an op to retain and update a thread, because an active thread can be beneficial to both them, and those posting. We have no plans to rework this feature at this time, but thank you for the feedback. We will consider it as we go forward. 

On 2/26/2020 at 11:02 AM, eunheart said:

This probably needs tech attention. 

I want to suggest to bring category OH Plz (in emote) to top instead of bottom. 

1. Cause the generic emote is pretty accessible both on mobile and windows 10 (press win logo + ; and you'll get the emoji window in case you don't know).

2. With OH emote stay on top it'll be more appreciated. Plus, personally I'd prefer them over generic emotes hands down. 

That's all for now! 

:lovestruck:

This was looked into previously, and unfortunately we are unable to rearrange the sequencing of the emote blocks. 

2 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

We have no plans to rework this feature at this time, but thank you for the feedback. We will consider it as we go forward. 

Thank you for the response.

23 minutes ago, Pineapple said:

Those images were made by the graphics team (I'm assuming you meant them, and not events). They always bring new and amazing things to the table, so in future if they feel it is fitting for the theme they may make revisions to those as well. ^^

Lol yea i meant them. 

I look forward to their revisions. ^^ ❤️

Posted (edited)
On 2/3/2020 at 6:46 PM, Chuan said:

It somewhat relates to previous feedback, but many aspects of what was shared before are not as relevant.

Although I sometimes see few to no posts in threads for the releases I post in 'Music', I see more thoughts communicated in discussions (around the same release) in the Random section. I assume this participation increased in Random, knowing that posts made here will not be included towards a user's post count; this is favourable for those who intend to maintain their post to reputation ratio (reputation > posts).

The music section, as I mentioned before, is filled with content, not limited to performances, making videos, etc. I feel with the addition of discussion threads, this can sometimes make it hard to find the source of the original content (if it exists). While I don't think that discussions about music releases placed in Random could be technically considered as such, I think I can understand why some users have chosen to put it there; much to reinforce what I have said above.

That is why I still feel that a separate sub-section in Music (with the same design as Random) may help to maintain the interests in those who want to continue with this activity. It brings flexibility for them to decide where to place their posts and if they do or do not want their post count to increase.

Edited by Chuan
Clarity

Can you make archived threads back readable for every page? Why is there only one page available to read?

If not able to can you unarchive threads requested?

Like this one

https://onehallyu.com/topic/463171-game-thread-kpop-editionbest-of-best-mini-versions-starts-jan-30th/

Can you guys bring tagged threads back? Bring back the list of threads at the bottom of a thread that have the same tags

9 hours ago, Trinity said:

Can you make archived threads back readable for every page? Why is there only one page available to read?

If not able to can you unarchive threads requested?

Like this one

https://onehallyu.com/topic/463171-game-thread-kpop-editionbest-of-best-mini-versions-starts-jan-30th/

Can you guys bring tagged threads back? Bring back the list of threads at the bottom of a thread that have the same tags

This is an unfortunate cache issue when we upgraded the forums from IPB 3 to 4. If you need a thread to be unarchived, you can request a mod in the Ask a Mod Thread.

As for the similar tagged threads, this feature is unfortunately not functional. After the upgrade, all threads needed to be re-indexed, but because the site is so massive, it's having difficulties doing so. So the feature is unable to create an index of similarly tagged threads. 🙁

hello.

i want to op i.o.i awards thread (if people support me ofc) but here is the problem:

i.o.i's deadline is at the end of this month so it is before all of the groups that members are in. i asked if anybody is willing to make an awards thread for that group/solo in their respective threads but got no answer. there is only one for chungha right now. so is it possible to change i.o.i's deadline, putting it at the end of the season so i can see which members' badges will get done till that day and act accordingly?

4 minutes ago, mert said:

hello.

i want to op i.o.i awards thread (if people support me ofc) but here is the problem:

i.o.i's deadline is at the end of this month so it is before all of the groups that members are in. i asked if anybody is willing to make an awards thread for that group/solo in their respective threads but got no answer. there is only one for chungha right now. so is it possible to change i.o.i's deadline, putting it at the end of the season so i can see which members' badges will get done till that day and act accordingly?

i would recommend PMing an awards coordi, such as @sweetjohoney or @katt or another member of the awards team ^^

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I still believe threads that include videos set to premiere at a specific time should be posted at that particular time. That is, if a video is set to premiere at 6:00 PM, it should be posted at 6:00 PM; no earlier, such as 5:59PM, no matter how close it may be to 6:00 PM.

The need to check the edit history in a thread that contains this content is very unnecessary. It is highly unlikely — unless the person is not prepared — to make edits to a thread that includes videos set to premiere. Premiered videos are already available beforehand, at least 6 hours in some cases. All you need to do is copy only the video into an empty thread, fill in the details, and then click post. In saying this, there is an extremely low chance for an error to be made if things are thoroughly checked; there is sufficient time to do this.

Also, in my time of posting videos set to premiere, I have never seen any video that has started one or two minutes earlier than the stated time. There is simply, then, no reason for why a thread needs to be rushed at 5:58 or 5:59, and why it should be ultimately kept over a thread that has been posted at the correct time of the premiere as recorded on the forum. I feel this situation is not any more different to that of a user simply creating a placeholder thread.

Moderator intervention around this is also slightly delayed due to real-life commitments and scheduled priorities. By the time intervention may be needed, the thread may have already accumulated several reactions. I feel the system may continue to be exploited, which is not necessarily in the best interest of users, such as myself. I also am tempted to stick with videos that are not scheduled, that is, videos that are posted in real-time.

I was advised previously that proof (in the form of photos) may be needed. At first I thought it was bothersome because I personally would not expect that users should feel responsible on their end to need to show evidence. Even then, I started accepting this idea over time. I am now more than willing to take photos/videos and use it as evidence. But even now this option does not seem accessible, which only complicates the problem in terms of what users could do to address this.

Edited by Lee
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Clown 1

I have a question about browser compatibility. I have an old Google Chrome version 49.0.2623.112 (and I can't update it anymore because of the outdated OS) and I noticed a few days ago that embedded tweets aren't loaded anymore. 

Edited by chiyako92