Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Pineapple

Feedback & Suggestions

With the new server, and software not only has it brought a lot of changes (many of which were requested in the previous feedback/suggestion thread as well, yay!), but it has brought a new landscape to the features and options we will be able to delve into as a site, and community. We felt it was fitting with these drastic changes to create a new feedback/suggestions thread that will be relevant to the site as it is now. If you have any feedback or suggestions on the site and it's features please let us know/suggest here.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

- If possible please let us upload cover images/profile pictures from URLs... 

- I think it would be better if we could also change our profile pictures on our settings like we can with our signatures 

- I don't know if anything can be done about it but when we add an image from a URL, we have to wait until it loads into the text editor to continue writing the post... especially with GIFs on slower connections it's not the best.

- Something about the reaction menu doesn't feel intuitive, like it would be nice if we could react directly by clicking on the reactions that are already displayed 

I.E clicking on this star would +1 the likes, etc.

spacer.png

(btw we can't link discord images?)

Or you could also display all the options like news sites usually do

- Not sure about the circle DPs hhhh....

- Can sig pictures no longer be displayed vertically? I had to change mine because the images were automatically displayed side by side.  nvm!!

- I'm guessing we can no longer look through our posts with reputation... that's a shame. 

- I think the bouncy little ball thing on the side is supposed to be a scroll back to the top button? But it doesn't seem to be working

- If I already checked to receive notifications for replies to my posts on my notification settings, why is the option to enable them when I post always off? it's confusing lol. Does "replies" mean quotes or replies to the topic? I really appreciate the detailed options tho. 

Some other things, I hope we get other themes soon, and good job getting back up!! I'm so excited to use this place again. I'll be back with more stuff as I use it heheh

Edited by KiraDoru
specification/correction

Some suggestions:

- The little ball on the left side when we click on a page, I'm not sure what it is for, but it's distracting and it feels like when something is being downloaded. I always end up looking each time. I think it would be better to remove it or replace it with something that doesn't move.

- When writing a post, in the writing box, it has formatting? Like skipping a line looks much bigger than a normal skipped line, and most importantly the videos get embed directly and then it makes it complicated to write the post properly... is there a way to remove all kind of formatting in the writing box and just make videos and other things (IG posts, tweets) embed after the post is sent...

- When posting a video, it's automatically centered, I think that's not good, but it's also part of having automatic formatting so this goes back to my previous point that there shouldn't be formatting and we should be able to write the post like we want and have it appear like we decided to write it...

- Not sure but I don't see any "preview your post" option.

That's all I can say for now! I hope there are solutions for it. Good job for bringing back the forums btw!

• Like 3
  • Clown 4

is there any way I can ignore a thread?  like if a put the user who started the thread on ignore but I still can see the tread everytime pinned in the section and it botthers me

i can barely see this, it blends way too much 

spacer.png

Edited by boomimo
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, KiraDoru said:

- If possible please let us upload cover images/profile pictures from URLs... 

- I think it would be better if we could also change our profile pictures on our settings like we can with our signatures 

- I don't know if anything can be done about it but when we add an image from a URL, we have to wait until it loads into the text editor to continue writing the post... especially with GIFs on slower connections it's not the best.

- Something about the reaction menu doesn't feel intuitive, like it would be nice if we could react directly by clicking on the reactions that are already displayed 

I.E clicking on this star would +1 the likes, etc.

spacer.png

(btw we can't link discord images?)

Or you could also display all the options like news sites usually do

- Not sure about the circle DPs hhhh....

- Can sig pictures no longer be displayed vertically? I had to change mine because the images were automatically displayed side by side.  nvm!!

- I'm guessing we can no longer look through our posts with reputation... that's a shame. 

- I think the bouncy little ball thing on the side is supposed to be a scroll back to the top button? But it doesn't seem to be working

- If I already checked to receive notifications for replies to my posts on my notification settings, why is the option to enable them when I post always off? it's confusing lol. Does "replies" mean quotes or replies to the topic? I really appreciate the detailed options tho. 

Some other things, I hope we get other themes soon, and good job getting back up!! I'm so excited to use this place again. I'll be back with more stuff as I use it heheh

-The reactions and the way profile images are uploaded are a part of the built in ipboard software. Not sure if it's something we can actually modify since it's more of a setting, but we'll look into it. 

-You can browse your content, and it will show your posts with rep alongside those without, but at present there is no way to just view the rep only posts. It may be  something we can tweak. 

-The bouncy ball shows that there are still items loading on the page. It goes away when the page is fully loaded. The return to top button is the blue circle with arrow on the right of the page. 

-I'm not fully sure if I understand the notification question, but the option to enable them when you post should be off, because you have it set for all replies, and not just that particular post, so you would receive a notification already. 

Glad you're enjoying the new OH! Please let us know if you come across anything else!

8 hours ago, SAYUNA said:

Some suggestions:

- The little ball on the left side when we click on a page, I'm not sure what it is for, but it's distracting and it feels like when something is being downloaded. I always end up looking each time. I think it would be better to remove it or replace it with something that doesn't move.

- When writing a post, in the writing box, it has formatting? Like skipping a line looks much bigger than a normal skipped line, and most importantly the videos get embed directly and then it makes it complicated to write the post properly... is there a way to remove all kind of formatting in the writing box and just make videos and other things (IG posts, tweets) embed after the post is sent...

- When posting a video, it's automatically centered, I think that's not good, but it's also part of having automatic formatting so this goes back to my previous point that there shouldn't be formatting and we should be able to write the post like we want and have it appear like we decided to write it...

- Not sure but I don't see any "preview your post" option.

That's all I can say for now! I hope there are solutions for it. Good job for bringing back the forums btw!

-The little ball on the left just bounces when the page is loading. It goes away once the page has fully loaded. It is something that was being played with to see if users found it helpful/or not, so we can always remove it in future if it does prove to be too distracting. 

-The embedding is part of the new ipboard features where it automatically detects and embeds. We can look into if there's a way to remove it doing so in the text box before posting. 

-The embedding is still unfortunately the same as old OH in some regards where certain embeds can be aligned differently, and others just don't allow for it. I'll pass it along to the techs though to see if anything can be done to tweak it on our end. 

-Preview post is the eyeball in the toolbar. 

Thank you for the feedback! Please do let us know if you find anything else for us to look into. ^^

7 hours ago, Stinkerbell said:

Please increase the allowed sig size

Is there a size you would like to see considered? Image size, line size?

6 hours ago, youroppa lovesme said:

is there any way I can ignore a thread?  like if a put the user who started the thread on ignore but I still can see the tread everytime pinned in the section and it botthers me

At present there isn't a way to ignore a thread, but there are some more advanced add on ignore settings we are looking into at present that may be able to give that option in future. 

5 hours ago, Haunted said:

Why do some users have sigs the size of half a page?

I haven't seen any, but please do report one when you see, so I can take a look into it. Ty. 

4 hours ago, renebaebae said:

Are you planning on adding more Lockets?

The lockets are prizes that can be won or purchased with platinum tokens, so I would keep an eye on events team hosted/sponsored games to have a chance to win one. 

3 hours ago, foo said:

dark mode? 

Three more themes are on the way; night vision, ultra night vision, and dynamic vision. 

1 hour ago, boomimo said:

i can barely see this, it blends way too much 

spacer.png

I will pass this along ty!

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Accessing Followed Content seems not too user friendly. The "Activity" tab shows "content I follow" but clicking it displays nothing. Accessing "manage content I follow" under my profile picture shows the threads that I follow, but when clicking on the thread it'll take you to Page 1 rather than where you left off. I hope that this is just tied to "Launch Issues" and not a "Working as Intended" thing.

The signatures being 465x250. By itself I can post up a signature of that size no issue. I've tried the 2x pictures at 465x250 side by side to get a wide signature and it stacks to another line. The old forum seemed to limit newbies, or posters with less than X amount of posts, to sizes that were different than specified. I'm not sure if this is the case. I can set a signature of 600x36 and it'll take; however, by the specifications of what is listed, being 600 is a violation of the image size.

I'll continue to explore and list what else I can find.

Edited by GenjuroX
  • Like 1

I'd like to suggest adding, if possible, the option to switch to the basic text editor (where you see it like: [ b ] text [ / b ]) when posting/editing your profile?

"This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited." <- This isn't really a good feature for editing OP's, or the posts that follow them (such as in artist threads)

Edited by LunarE

I think it's been suggested before, but allowing for bigger signature sizes and heavier avatar would be nice. H+ definitely had something right there, OH feels too restrictive now, sadly. But again, maybe the server won't be able to handle it all, and if that's the reason for the current caps, I understand, but if not, it definitely would be appreciated.

Being allowed 900x400 for signatures and 2MB for avatars would really be a great improvement.

Also, please, do give us the option to chose if we want a round avatar or not? If I want one myself, I can just make it. But I don't feel it's fair to have it imposed on me like that.

Oh an another thing: tags. We used to be allowed 10 tags per thread, and that was super handy. But now the limit has gone down to 8, and it messed up some threads I own. Like for example, for the I.O.I thread, I had to take the Pristin tag and the I.O.I tag out, despite not wanting to do so, because I was using 10 tags and 2 had to go. Despite it not making sense because Pristin should be tagged there, along all the other sister groups of I.O.I. Can we please up the limit to 10 again? Thank you.

Edited by Delphine
  • Like 1

1. Bring back the bbcode editor mode. Editing big OPs with the basic viewer is a nightmare.
  2. Make embedding videos, tweets, instagram and all that easier. I don't even know where are we supposed to add them now. Insert a link section?
  • Like 1

Bring back squared DPs i cant

17 hours ago, GenjuroX said:

Accessing Followed Content seems not too user friendly. The "Activity" tab shows "content I follow" but clicking it displays nothing. Accessing "manage content I follow" under my profile picture shows the threads that I follow, but when clicking on the thread it'll take you to Page 1 rather than where you left off. I hope that this is just tied to "Launch Issues" and not a "Working as Intended" thing.

The signatures being 465x250. By itself I can post up a signature of that size no issue. I've tried the 2x pictures at 465x250 side by side to get a wide signature and it stacks to another line. The old forum seemed to limit newbies, or posters with less than X amount of posts, to sizes that were different than specified. I'm not sure if this is the case. I can set a signature of 600x36 and it'll take; however, by the specifications of what is listed, being 600 is a violation of the image size.

I'll continue to explore and list what else I can find.

For any blank info not showing, all that should work fine again after the search index has finished processing. For "Manage Followed Content" I'll ask and see if there's a way to have better viewing options there because I agree that could be better. Even if it's just having pages listed like it used to be would be handy.

About the sigs, we have been made aware of the issues the auto-embed feature is bringing and the Techs are looking into fixing that. Please keep any new sigs at 465x250 for now though, which all Member groups (including New Members) should be using.

Thanks for all your feedback! 🙂

16 hours ago, LunarE said:

I'd like to suggest adding, if possible, the option to switch to the basic text editor (where you see it like: [ b ] text [ / b ]) when posting/editing your profile?

"This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited." <- This isn't really a good feature for editing OP's, or the posts that follow them (such as in artist threads)

I'm not sure if the first suggestion is possible, but I can ask.

What thread are you referring to on the second line too? Does the thread just need unarchiving?

8 hours ago, Delphine said:

I think it's been suggested before, but allowing for bigger signature sizes and heavier avatar would be nice. H+ definitely had something right there, OH feels too restrictive now, sadly. But again, maybe the server won't be able to handle it all, and if that's the reason for the current caps, I understand, but if not, it definitely would be appreciated.

Being allowed 900x400 for signatures and 2MB for avatars would really be a great improvement.

Also, please, do give us the option to chose if we want a round avatar or not? If I want one myself, I can just make it. But I don't feel it's fair to have it imposed on me like that.

Oh an another thing: tags. We used to be allowed 10 tags per thread, and that was super handy. But now the limit has gone down to 8, and it messed up some threads I own. Like for example, for the I.O.I thread, I had to take the Pristin tag and the I.O.I tag out, despite not wanting to do so, because I was using 10 tags and 2 had to go. Despite it not making sense because Pristin should be tagged there, along all the other sister groups of I.O.I. Can we please up the limit to 10 again? Thank you.

We're two different forums and tbh, I don't know what their rules are but what they're doing there doesn't really affect how we do things here. You can't really compare our forums either; the amount of data, traffic, and everything else we have in comparison to them does make it possible for them to be a bit more flexible with things like this. As much as it sucks, we need to have specific caps in place. Maybe it's something for us to look at in the future in regards to any increases, but probably not right now with things like the server still being so new and lots of other tech stuff going on in the background that are much higher priority wise.

I'll pass on your feedback about the circle DP's.

I'll also look into the tags situation after I post this.

Thanks for all your feedback, we appreciate it 🙂

6 hours ago, My Everything said:

This isn't the thread for these types of requests, use the report button instead please. This thread seems fine now, but just for future, we have a big queue of ongoing threads being unarchived, so it might take some time to complete, it's not an instant sorta thing.

9 minutes ago, Pepper said:
  1. Bring back the bbcode editor mode. Editing big OPs with the basic viewer is a nightmare.
  2. Make embedding videos, tweets, instagram and all that easier. I don't even know where are we supposed to add them now. Insert a link section?

While bbcodes still work, the bbcode mode was removed in IPB 4, but I will try and see if we can bring it back!

All media is auto embedded now, a new core feature in IPB 4. Just paste the link and it will auto embed in a second or hit Enter. If you don't want the media to be embedded, just hit Ctrl+Z or use the Link button.

3 hours ago, Bekki said:

I'm not sure if the first suggestion is possible, but I can ask.

What thread are you referring to on the second line too? Does the thread just need unarchiving?

Thank you.

I got it in this one, it's not archived.

Hello i'm Nara aka the lady with holy moly ken soul :superheroh:

about the event section with those mini game like count to 1000000 , male vs female and etc - will you unarchive all of them back? or do we have to create new thread n start new game?

7 minutes ago, NARA. said:

Hello i'm Nara aka the lady with holy moly ken soul :superheroh:

about the event section with those mini game like count to 1000000 , male vs female and etc - will you unarchive all of them back? or do we have to create new thread n start new game?

I allow myself to reply for that

We figured that unarchiving all the game threads would take too long, so you are free to create new ones!

We are preparing a whole update for Events to make things clear, this will be indicated in the update so it's official for everyone, but you are free to make the game threads you want already

35 minutes ago, Koya said:

I allow myself to reply for that

We figured that unarchiving all the game threads would take too long, so you are free to create new ones!

We are preparing a whole update for Events to make things clear, this will be indicated in the update so it's official for everyone, but you are free to make the game threads you want already

Ooo i see~ thankyou a lot :chu:

Would an increase for the max file size be considered in the future? :ohbi:

1 hour ago, soft said:

Would an increase for the max file size be considered in the future? :ohbi:

Max file size of? DP?