Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SM's Kunta Kinte Silence

Educational questions you used to hate as a student?

The moment I heard the phrase "if a train leaves the station at ...." I would immediately clock out. It's extra worse too, because it happens to be used a lot in media for some unfathomable reason. But every time I heard it I used to get so goddamn pissed.

I think I get what you mean, I used to have the same problem with those questions at school

proofs

and anything with coding because we write that shit on paper for some reason

Questions that ask "to what extent/degree" blah blah. They're so vague and open ended that you don't know exactly what to write about.

I once had a history essay as part of my coursework and the question was along the lines to what extent do you think the results off ww1 had an effect on Germany. Ok I know things like treaty of Versailles, rise of Nazi party, militarisation etc were all after effects but I didn't know what to put in, what to leave out and when I should stop. In the end I wrote about lots of things leading right up to ww2. I thought I did a good job of I do say so myself.

I hand in my first draft and the when I get it returned I get an average grade and my teacher says I wrote too much and talked about too many things. I was actually supposed to decide on 2 or 3 key things and write about them in detail and that's it. How the fuck was I supposed to know, the question was way to vague.

writing practical experiment methods in science exams and not being allowed to list safety precautions. they were always a safety net when i had no other idea on how to get the damn marks rlytearpls.png 0u0plz.png

Not sure if I translated it right "What is the meaning of .... to you?" I never knew what to answer, coz I never had any interest in the subjects we were talking about or didn't get how am I supposed explain the meaning of internet slag to me Definitely did not have this question on an oral exam today, still don't know how I passed it lol But at least I am done with high school now

I was okay in maths but I absolutely hated counting how much some substance was in other substance and the questions that would follow. Especially if I had to count the amount in grams later. Either way I hated chemistry, physics and maths due to not being able to 'bullshit' my way through.

Just hate till this day true and false questions, and then you have to mark the option with the correct order. Ugh, I always get something wrong.

the questions about books, stories or poems like  - why do you think this happened, - whats your opinion on that, 3 questions that basically ask the same thing but each is written slightly different or all 3 have same answer.
and you cant actually say your opinion but specific thing they expect from you. i am like, i dont know!!! its dumb as fuck and i regret reading it. 

in English class, I hated having to answer open-end literary questions like "what does this symbolize" because in reality, there is no symbolism at all and the author does not intend for there to be symbolism yet English teachers/professor want to pretend there is. In other words:

what-the-what-your-author-english-teache

“Applying material from Item x†etc. These sociology questions always irritate the hell outta me.

In history, I hate stuff like "name the 3 contributing factors that led to xyz happening" because that shit is so hard to study for. Usually the professor wants 3 specific items or terms or events but in reality, any large historical event that's worth studying does not have such a straightforward answer to such questions.