Photo

Weibo Star Chart Idol Groups - Week of 5/6-5/12

3 replies to this topic

#1 WJSN

WJSN

★★★★★

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:00 PM (Edited by WJSN, 15 May 2019 - 02:09 PM.)

fUJ5Bwx.jpg

oaH1vhN.jpg

#2 haruko

haruko

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 May 2019 - 01:04 PM

Wait, what did UNIQ do that they are on this chart? And they are even higher than NEX7?

#3 waycrispy1

waycrispy1

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,647 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:00 PM (Edited by waycrispy1, 15 May 2019 - 02:02 PM.)

SM should have just marketed WayV as a Chinese language boy group for the world instead of a Chinese group. How are they just 13 when they put out a brand new song?

Wait, what did UNIQ do that they are on this chart? And they are even higher than NEX7?

Wenhan getting popular again after winning QCYN (Idol Producer 2), Yixuan and co. on All For One and both QCYN and All For One performing UNIQ's sort of new song Monster

#4 Drama Drama Drama

Drama Drama Drama

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 15 May 2019 - 08:57 PM (Edited by Drama Drama Drama, 15 May 2019 - 08:57 PM.)

TYT is rising.
SM is failing with WayV chinese expansion.
I need c fans of c pop giving the opinion about them.
Are they rising or flopping? With good promotion have chances to compete with UNINE, TFBOYS or NEXT? (Not include NPC because all the 9 are promoting like solo than group).

#5 whitedove

whitedove

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:25 PM

You remind me that I haven't posted the April monthly chart yet. Thanks!

#6 whitedove

whitedove

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 15 May 2019 - 11:28 PM

TYT is rising.
Are they rising or flopping? With good promotion have chances to compete with UNINE, TFBOYS or NEXT? (Not include NPC because all the 9 are promoting like solo than group).

You mentioned the 3 but despite that, even ONER and Awaken-F are also bigger than WayV. This chart also doesn't really indicate the actual top groups other than how diligent their official weibo are in posting original contents. In WayV's case however, I believe their official weibo are pretty diligent (at least better than NPC weibo which only reposts other people's posts thus giving much less points on th chart), but still they're only 13, so there must be something wrong somewhere.

#7 haruko

haruko

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 May 2019 - 12:44 PM

TYT is rising.

NO. Basing on their current stand/popularity right now, they definitely cannot compete with the groups you mentioned. TFBOYS have been popular since forever, and they have a more strong fanbase and followers individually and as a group than Nine Percent. NEXT are just like Nine Percent with a bit lesser sparks. They have 3 members promoting as Nine Percent at the same time Nex7. Unine is the current fad so there you go.

SM needs to push more the members visibility or might as well try a new concept? idk. I knew there was something wrong the moment WayV was announced. If it were me, I would've changed some members, some just don't fit with their concept. I understand that this is a Chinese sub-unit of NCT but hey, they are not doing well, there are over 20 current NCT members, they can choose from them.

#8 crazykuroneko

crazykuroneko

Idol

• PipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationINA

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:18 PM

NO. Basing on their current stand/popularity right now, they definitely cannot compete with the groups you mentioned. TFBOYS have been popular since forever, and they have a more strong fanbase and followers individually and as a group than Nine Percent. NEXT are just like Nine Percent with a bit lesser sparks. They have 3 members promoting as Nine Percent at the same time Nex7. Unine is the current fad so there you go.

SM needs to push more the members visibility or might as well try a new concept? idk. I knew there was something wrong the moment WayV was announced. If it were me, I would've changed some members, some just don't fit with their concept. I understand that this is a Chinese sub-unit of NCT but hey, they are not doing well, there are over 20 current NCT members, they can choose from them.

there's something wrong because SM barely promoted their album. yes, they give fans good contents quite constantly but there's no exposure whatsoever for the group. the two members they put as regular casts in variety shows have a growing popularity (at least by looking from their weibo follower numbers) but others they keep in dungeon. the album also just announced a week before its release, pre-order only 3 day-ish before. it seems they'll start appearing on tv in few days

it's frustrating to see as a fans, really. idk how idol groups in china usually promote their album? is that hard for sm (or label v) to do that? because now fans are doing more than them

#9 Briana

Briana

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 17 May 2019 - 02:12 AM

The thing about SM is that they are good at training and giving their groups solid albums, but they are suck at promoting. They need to put atleast 4 Way V members on variety show if drama is too early for the members. They need to promote them continuously on Weibo. Buying headline is one of the easiest way to get promotion and All BIG Chinese celebs do that.

Up, Up and Away!