Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luxuriouss86

Do you think getting distracted by Kpop is ruining your education?

Once people reached their uni life, they would be extremely busy and have no time to care about unnecessary things like obsessing over artists that you adore.

I think Kpop is very distracting and it ruined my education at Wake Tech, Ive been going there for 8 years because I keep getting bad grades. 

So I stopped obsessing with Kpop. I took Volleyball beginner last Spring 2018 and passed that class. So I'm planning to take COM 110 (communications) in the fall.

I'm planning to finish taking classes in Spring 2021 and transfer to a 4 year university in fall 2021

​did you had bad grades because of distraction from KPOP?

Been a fan girl since I was like 11 or 12. No fangirling life did not take away from life. Now I’m a fully functioning adult and I’m still a fan girl.

Fan girling should be fun. What I’ve observed is often times kpop fans take fangirling as an obligation I MUST stream. I MUST vote. I MUST buy the albums etc etc. stop. Please. As long as you enjoy following your favs and listening to their music it’s enough. Don’t obsess if it affects your life. Moderation is key.

It doesn't make a difference tbh, even if I wasn't into kpop I would still be distracted by something lmao

Plus I don't think kpop distracts me that much to the point of ruining my education. It's more like a fun thing for me than anything else.

Ive been a fan of kpop for over 10 years now im not really in the phase where i have to be there to watch something when it first comes out or go to a concert.

All my main biases have disbanded or are practically disbanded.

Nope, other life issues distracted my education (mental health). I don't let Kpop consume my life too much, but it is a form of escape from my life issues though.

It doesn't make a difference tbh, even if I wasn't into kpop I would still be distracted by something lmao

Plus I don't think kpop distracts me that much to the point of ruining my education. It's more like a fun thing for me than anything else.

This. But the current distraction is kpop so I guess it is ruining a bit my education? lol

Nah, it was just in the background for me.

if you're a procrastinator kpop is just gonna be another excuse to procrastinate

Kpop is not the problem

People's lack of motivation is

i think people who get overly obsessed to the point of ruining their lives were bound to get obsessed with SOMETHING anyway, even if it wasn't kpop. people who know how to balance hobbies and responsibilities will do so and those who don't will not

it saved and ruined my life. I'm still happy for it

It’s the same for me tbh, I get distracted so easily.

im not even a fan of kpop

if you're a procrastinator kpop is just gonna be another excuse to procrastinate

Kpop is not the problem

People's lack of motivation is

true for me.

Like, yeah, I let kpop get in the way of my academics. I'm wasting time on onehallyu right now.

but it's not kpop itself. I could quit kpop. but then I would just use other forums and sink my time into some other distraction instead lol.

Kpop itself isn't the culprit it's my chronic procrastination and attitude towards work