Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OurBelovedPapaYG

University Student started petition to refuse iKON performing at the uni festival because of YG's scandal

If we desire YGE to actually have a downfall, then things like this and much much more need to happen. Good on them.

Papa's impacT :ahmagah:

The artists deserve better...

If we desire YGE to actually have a downfall, then things like this and much much more need to happen. Good on them.

yeah but I feel bad for the artists, it's not their faults, but it's not like they can leave the agency either

iKON will be okay ..
it seems just vocal minority ..

The student council has responded and iKON will continue to perform

yeah but I feel bad for the artists, it's not their faults, but it's not like they can leave the agency either

Its not their fault but its also inescapable. Not doing anything would simply lead to an endless cycle. People can say I wish my faves will leave this company so I can stop supporting it, and then they do, but groups always keep debuting. So the cycle can never end. Psy left, epik high left, CL is gonna leave...but new groups debut. Youd think the perfect time to not stan or support a YG group would be pre debut but people still throw themselves at wanting to get into treasure even though there are countless boy groups they could get into instead. Cant tell me that this group of dudes are any different than the other groups of dudes, and they dont even have songs yet.

If you think YG is a terrible human being and that YGE is a criminal enterprise but you stop short at simply criticizing him and it, but still gotta support mah faves then... yeah. The whole "vote with your wallet" thing is an argument conservatives use ffs, its the least that we can do.

As unfair as it is to the group(s), things like this are what needs to happen in order for a company like yge to actually change. Hit them in their pockets. I commend these students for trying. 

yeah i feel bad for the artists but i get where they are coming from

iKON will be okay ..

iKON will be okay ..

The student council is trash

Performers at these University festivals should be base on who are popular with the student body, not some board.

So if there is a majority of students who don't want YGE artists performing, then...

They are performing anyway, so don't worry.

Performers at these University festivals should be base on who are popular with the student body, not some board.

So if there is a majority of students who don't want YGE artists performing, then...

i share that feeling of not wanting your money in YG pockets, but i think that boycotting YG shareholders it would be more effective? i dont even know if it's possible, but going against Naver would the first step

.....then they don't have to attend.

simple.

it's not mandatory.

i share that feeling of not wanting your money in YG pockets, but i think that boycotting YG shareholders it would be more effective? i dont even know if it's possible, but going against Naver would the first step

BTS has a lot of collaboration with Naver and V live. So, it's a bit hard to do it.

Boycotts can be effective if the objective is to bring awareness to something or to sway public's opinion. Boycotts are not that effective if the objective is to hurt a company's pockets. So what works? If the brand and reputation is threatened or tarnished that can hurt the company.

There is no dilemma.

If YG is gone, all the popular groups like ikon, etc will be fine.

Their fans will still love them, they can release songs under another agency and be as successful.

In fact, it will be better for most. Someone like Lee Hi will finally be able to release song. BP can have more songs per year, etc.