Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nanalisa

How do I calculate my gpa?

First term

A

A

A

B

B

B

Second Term

B-

B-

B-

C+

C+

B-

Third Term

B-

C+

C+

B-

B-

B-

It's like finding the 'mean' in math.

A = 4

B = 3

C = 2

D = 1

F = 0

You will add up all the numbers based on your grades, then divide the sum with the # of grades you had.

For example: 

First term
A = 4
A = 4
A = 4
B = 3
B = 3
B = 3

Total Sum: 21 

21 divided by 6

= 3.5 (GPA for your 1st term)

Calculation:

You pass

It's like finding the 'mean' in math.

A = 4

B = 3

C = 2

D = 1

F = 0

You will add up all the numbers based on your grades, then divide the sum with the # of grades you had.

For example: 

First termA = 4A = 4A = 4B = 3B = 3B = 3

Total Sum: 21 

21 divided by 6

= 3.5 (GPA for your 1st term)

It does not work like that.

Calculation:

You pass

What do you mean by that?

It also depends on number of credits of subjects

It also depends on number of credits of subjects

OP asking for the grade point average, not how many credits they're earning since credits could be different depending which classes they're taking. And we don't have that credit information since OP only gave their grades, & only their school and OP knows how many credits they're earning based on their class. GPA is found out their grade point average based on their letter grades received which is what I did.

However, this all really depends where OP is from and what educational level they're in. I'm assuming OP is in high school/middle school in the USA where this is how to find GPA is done. Besides if the OP was asking about how many credits were accumulated so far, it would be none since the school year isn't over yet. And it would still be the same amount of credit anyway since this is still 1 school year and the classes stays the same throughout the school year. And again, this is me assuming OP is from the USA and a minor based on OP asking about GPA and posting about their grades. Credits are another issue, but OP is asking for the GPA and that is how GPA is calculated in the US. Unless, you're from somewhere else and GPA is done differently. But if OP isn't a minor student in the USA then, they can disregard my calculations.