Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seunghee's eyebrows

Would you go to a restaurant if the service is absolutely terrible but the food is REALLY delicious?

Nope

unpopular opinion: yes but i won't eat there, i will just take my food home.

this argument also applies to a restaurant that makes bad food but have good service! 

i know a restaurant that makes really delicious food but they tend to have way too many costumers and it takes awhile for the orders to come TT waiting over 30 min is normal LOL but the food is worth it. but if i am in hurry then yeah its better to just look for another restaurant.

Sure

unpopular opinion: yes but i won't eat there, i will just take my food home.

this argument also applies to a restaurant that makes bad food but have good service! 

i know a restaurant that makes really delicious food but they tend to have way too many costumers and it takes awhile for the orders to come TT waiting over 30 min is normal LOL but the food is worth it. but if i am in hurry then yeah its better to just look for another restaurant.

A loophole!

sure

you guys haven't been to crowded dim sum restaurants where staff literally yell in your face? 

good food is worth it

no i would go to burger king instead so i can get good service + good food dave.png

I can handle snarky waiters 

but when absolutely terrible service means the cooks/waiters were touching the food with their genitals [x]

then i'd rather cook my own meals thx omgwtf.png

I would go, just to try the food at least once

because you know what you're getting into by previously hearing about the restaturant reputation

the city where I currently live is basically famous for having terrible service so I'm used to it lol

every time I'm back in the UK I'm so surprised when waiters actually come up to me and ask if I want something. I'm like why are you paying attention to me?? why is everything happening so fast??

The primary purpose of restaurants is to provide a place to eat to satisfy your hunger and taste buds. This is where the argument gets complicated. If I go to a restaurant with good food but bad service (by waiting time I guess???), then my taste buds would be satisfied and though my hunger will be satisfied as well, it will take a long time before my hunger gets satisfied and I might get more hungry as time passes (meaning increased desire of food). However, go for the opposite (bad food but good service): it will satisfy my hunger quicker but not my taste buds lol. Now go for the extremes, good food and good service, and bad food and bad service: ofc I won't go for the latter because they won't satisfy either case and they're relatively rare as well but the former option is also pretty rare (much more than the other extreme case) where I live (sorry but fast food (unless it's Chick-Fil-A but where I live, it's not that great service (long waiting lol)) isn't that great to me lol) but if there's an option, then I'll go ofc lol. However, most restaurants I know either fall under the good food but bad service (because takes a long time to "perfect" the food if you think about it) and bad food but good service (fast food (excluding Chick-Fil-A which belongs to the former) IMO).  So therefore, in common cases, it depends on which is nearby and how hungry I am: if I'm not that hungry and it's nearby, then I'll go (for the good food but bad service option and would care to order a little extra just in case lol); however, if I'm super hungry and/or in a rush, then I won't and go for the other option instead (though later on, I would need to compensate for my taste buds lol). 

Therefore, it just depends on the case, but I don't mind going there though if it's the most convenient (in terms of distance) lol. 

Yes. There are some restaurants in HK whose rude-ish services are part of their selling point. There are always long lines.

I am more likely to go back to a restsurant with good food but bad service than a restaurant with good service but bad food. Still there's a limit.

Define "terrible service", because it varies in cultures. In Japan, they just take your order, bring you your food, put your check into the check holder thing, and then your server never comes to your table again (you pay with the cashier up front when you're done eating) but that's considered typical service over there. And in Vietnamese restaurants in the US they also have a hands-off approach where they leave you alone after you order and it's common to wave your hand in the air to ask for things like refills or going up to the cashier to pay--this would be considered terrible service elsewhere but it's normal in Vietnamese restaurants.