11 replies to this topic

#1 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Servant of LUDA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts
  • LocationIn The Cosmic Nebular

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:44 AM

So far, the reception from jnetizens has been lacklusting and skeptical with having their own Produce Show. So should Mnet just made another collaberation like they did with AKB48 instead? With LDH, Stardust, Johnny's or even with the comedy company that are responsible for the Produce Japan show? Would that have been a better option?

#2 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,683 posts
  • LocationYuZhou is My Universe

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:48 AM

Ugh again. Anyone that’s with an agency like Johnny’s E, Stardust, and LDH cant join. If they are under EXPG students they can.

#3 HwangMinhyun

HwangMinhyun

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts
  • Location12.18.2017... Heaven gained an Angel. Though your stay on earth was short, your memory will last forever. You did well Jonghyun.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:49 AM

Ughhhh... Mnet and CJent really trying to take over Asia..

#4 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Servant of LUDA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:51 AM

Ugh again. Anyone that’s with an agency like Johnny’s E, Stardust, and LDH cant join. If they are under EXPG students they can.

I know the rules, but I was thinking a korean show instead of japanese, where they invite the mentioned companies to Korea like Produce 48. 

#5 satoori

satoori

BTS PR Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,461 posts
  • Location망개떡, Texas

Posted 15 April 2019 - 09:58 AM

To early to tell. People always have mix reactions before something new. Once the show actually get going and people get introduced to the trainees, opinions might change. Besides, "lackluster" and "skeptical", is a lot better than all hate.

#6 satoori

satoori

BTS PR Team

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,461 posts
  • Location망개떡, Texas

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:00 AM (Edited by satoori, 15 April 2019 - 10:02 AM.)

I know the rules, but I was thinking a korean show instead of japanese, where they invite the mentioned companies to Korea like Produce 48. 

I feel Mnet wants to connect more with the Japanese public too. So having the show in Japan is ideal.

Ughhhh... Mnet and CJent really trying to take over Asia..

Basically this lol

I guess, they learned a bit from all the different AKB units

#7 kissxkiss_baby

kissxkiss_baby

Hit You With That DDU-DU DDU-DU ♪

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,240 posts
  • LocationEXO ♥ Kai [Black Pink is the Revolution]

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:02 AM

What’s the point when it’s going to be rigged with a K center and as few Japanese girls as they can get away with.

#8 pinkpanda_spirit

pinkpanda_spirit

Y's one & only fan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,510 posts
  • LocationSome want to kiss, some want to kick you.

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:04 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

#9 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,683 posts
  • LocationYuZhou is My Universe

Posted 15 April 2019 - 10:04 AM

Why even bother showing a show in Japan if it’s a Korean shows.

What’s the point when it’s going to be rigged with a K center and as few Japanese girls as they can get away with.

This

#10 lurker24

lurker24

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:52 AM

Honestly, I think this Produce 101 Japan is just a ploy from Yoshimoto to produce their own first male group. Besides, it is not new for Yoshimoto to use the popularity of particular franchise.

Maybe this show will gain the popularity if they are able to tick the nostalgic feeling of Japanese people. You know that Japanese like something old and nostalgic. Just look the famous song like Koisuru Fortune Cookies, USA and to certain aspect Tomioka Dance Club. They are on that path by making the Ninety-Nine duo as national representative. They used to be host of the popular talent show Asayan (aires 1995-2002) which discovered artist such as Morning Musume, EXILE Atsushi and Chemistry.

Nevertheless, if they want to tick with the nostalgic feeling of male idol history in Japan, they must appease Johnny's God.

I hope they not focus on choosing KPop artist that popular in Japan or Japanese KPop artist as mentor and Japanese KPop song as song for the battle. They will rub people on the wrong way unless that is Yoshimoto main target, Japanese KPop fan.

#11 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Servant of LUDA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,243 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:20 PM

Honestly, I think this Produce 101 Japan is just a ploy from Yoshimoto to produce their own first male group. Besides, it is not new for Yoshimoto to use the popularity of particular franchise.

Maybe this show will gain the popularity if they are able to tick the nostalgic feeling of Japanese people. You know that Japanese like something old and nostalgic. Just look the famous song like Koisuru Fortune Cookies, USA and to certain aspect Tomioka Dance Club. They are on that path by making the Ninety-Nine duo as national representative. They used to be host of the popular talent show Asayan (aires 1995-2002) which discovered artist such as Morning Musume, EXILE Atsushi and Chemistry.

Nevertheless, if they want to tick with the nostalgic feeling of male idol history in Japan, they must appease Johnny's God.

I hope they not focus on choosing KPop artist that popular in Japan or Japanese KPop artist as mentor and Japanese KPop song as song for the battle. They will rub people on the wrong way unless that is Yoshimoto main target, Japanese KPop fan.

But if so, why need to involve the Produce Franchise? Couldn't Yoshimoto agency just make their own survival show? Because Produce show are known to be KPOP shows, and by doing this are they focusing on the japanese Kpop audience?

#12 lurker24

lurker24

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:46 PM (Edited by lurker24, 15 April 2019 - 12:56 PM.)

But if so, why need to involve the Produce Franchise? Couldn't Yoshimoto agency just make their own survival show? Because Produce show are known to be KPOP shows, and by doing this are they focusing on the japanese Kpop audience?

Maybe because Produce franchise is quite established. Yoshimoto is pretty much well known as the company that produce comedian (Not many that have male idol look in their roster unfortunately. Only 2-3 of them). Maybe that is their way to branch out. Moreover, like I said, it is not new for Yoshimoto to use particular franchise. They can produce their female idol of their own but they use 48Group to established NMB48. They can produce their comedy idol of their own but they use Sakamichi Series to produce Yoshimotozaka46.

Anyway, if they want to target Japanese KPop fan that is not a problem. Maybe that is the way to prevent this future group to head to head with Johnny's group. But don't expect a big hoo-ha from the general public towards this show.

Edit: The establishment of Yoshimotozaka46 is quite Produce101 like. They have the introduction video and there are mission and open to public voting on their website. Their last mission is on dancing but it is not open to public voting. 

Up, Up and Away!