Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

[iQIYI] Youth With You Official Thread ~ Now Airing Ep 1-21

Thread with the trainees seen in Guangzhou (open it, they are too many).

Already filming

Trainee lunch box

u4HTqUb.jpg

Posted (edited)

Edited by 5201314

Posted (edited)

Press Conference Tomorrow 

JDrodM4.jpg

DSHb8kb.jpg4OKFDSf.jpgiQldS1A.jpg4BlJT5m.jpg

Edited by 5201314

Posted (edited)

Edited by 5201314

AThe companies are introducing their trainees

Just listing the trainees I know/heard of:

-All Yuehua Girls (Ai Yiyi, who's real name is Yang Ruohan, and Song Zhaoyi, who's real name is Zhang Xi. Both of them were trainees on Produce 101 China too) Yang Ruohan (born 1996) on Produce 101 China... she was awful on the first round. People who went to see it live says she sang really off tune. Hope her skills are better now. Zhang Xi (born 1995) used to be in the dance group BTSZD before she became a trainee under Yuehua. BTSZD is a dance crew run by Chinese ARMYs that covers mostly BTS dances. Which means that she is a ARMY herself (and I think her bias is one of the maknae line bc she always covers their parts in the dance covers). Chen Xinwei (Vivi Chen) is a new trainee from Taiwan, I don't know much about her but I like her visual, and she's born in 2001. Jin Zihan (Aria JIn) is another new trainee that I don't know much about, but what I found interesting is that she has the exact same bdays as Hu Chunyang (Season 1's trainee, debuted in UNINE is 6th place), which is Feb 5 1999.

-Star Master Entertainment (JiangXing) trainees, who are also some of the members from girl group HICKEY XiQi (also Star Master Entertainment is the agency of Mr. Tyger, sent trainees to the first season) from HICKEY I really like An Qi, I started liking her when I saw a video of them on bilibili. Her position in the group is ACE, which means that she's good at everything, basically. And I don't know their ages.

-All the girls from SNH48, and 7Senses (which is a subunit). My favourites are Kiki Xu Jiaqi (born 1995) and Fei Qinyuan (born 2001). Kiki, based on her popularity and skill level, she is qualified for the center. Fei Qinyuan is more of the visual type (I love her visuals!), but her skill level is very low, so if there is a trainee with better skills and better visuals than her, then she has no advantage. Su ShanShan (born 1997)... I honestly don't know why they sent her... her skills are low in everything and her singing is awful. And I personally don't get her visuals soo she's just another name I know for me. Song Xinran (born 1997) is someone who a lot of people who aren't fans say she has cute visuals, and her skill level is just average. Eliwa Xu-Yang Yuzhuo (7Senses member, born 1995), her visuals had always been average for me but she looks pretty good in the offical pic. Diamond (Dai Meng, born 1993), I think she's kind of old for a new idol group, she debuted in 2012 when she was 19 years old, so she has 7 years of experience onstage so I think her skills should be pretty good. Tako (Zhang Yuge, born 1996), I personally don't get her visual, but she has good dancing skills. DDD (Duan Yixuan, born 1995), I don't know much about her. Sun Rui (born 1995) is someone else I like bc I like her personality :)))))

-Feng Ruohang from girl group OYT Girls. Her group is not very popular... actually I wouldn't even know her group if I didn't search her in bilibili after I saw her covers. She has a personal bilibili account and posts dance covers, her covers are very good so I can assume that her position is dance.

-Independent trainee Gou Xueying, who was also a trainees in Produce 101 China

-Dreamcatcher's HanDong. (Their company probably saw how Xuanyi and Meiqi succeeded in China, they want to send HanDong too to give Dreamcatcher more popularity in China)

-He Maiting... emmm don't vote for her. She plagarized BTS rap line's song DDAENG and still hasn't apologized for it. By 'plagarizing' I mean like literally using the song and calling it her own. Like not even changing anything in the tune/rhythm. 'Her song' can literally be said to be 'the translated version of DDAENG' if you hear it. Some Chinese ARMYs are are watching the show just to hate on her

-Kong Xue'er from LadyBees. Emmm first of all I've heard of the group LadyBees, and she's the most popular member (?) I think? And she used to be a JYP trainee? I saw netizens say she doesn't have a really good character, but I don't know her that well so I'm not having any bias on her. Anyway I don't know how many trainees their ent is sending but I really like her groupmate Liu Yuxin, who was on Street Dance of China Season 2, and is very good at popping dance. Liu Yuxin is also going to be on the show。

-K (Lu Keran, born 1995) and Marco (Lin Fan, born 1998) from the group Fanxyred unter TOV Ent, a Korean company. Well the only reason why I know this company is because of their one and only group called Fanxyred. If you don't know what group that is, search it up. But K and Marco are going to be on the show, and I personally really like K's visuals soooooo yeah lol I'm voting. And besides these two Fanxyred members I don't know anyone else they're sending.

-Lin Xiaozhai aka Hana Lin from... [email protected] Media (I actually don't know she has a company... just got this from the picture). She's..... one of the trainees who have the most followers on weibo... but she's a social media star and I don't know anything about her skill level soo... actually I heard her singing and it was very average, like any normal person can so I actually have no idea why she's attending this show... maybe just for more popularity??? (Edit: And also I saw news that apparently she talked bad about Yang Chaoyue? Dunno if this is true but more than one person on bilibili was talking about this.)

-NINEONE... I just know that she's a rapper but I don't know much about her dancing... Will she be another Zhang Yanqi (undergroup rapper who was a trainee on Produce Camp 2019... did not know how to dance at all at the beginning of the show but learned and improved as the show went forward and ended up debuting in 7th place)???

-QUADRUPLETS ARE ON THE SHOW!!! Shen Bing, Shen Jie, Shen Qing, and Shen Yu (born 1998)... good luck telling them apart guys, since I legit can't... I only know them because of bilibili too... I saw a video titled "Quadruplets on Youth With You 2020??? Who will make it to the end???" and clicked in, curious. Although I don't think any of them are going to debut, but if they do it will be funny as I saw a comment that said 'if one of them got in the other 3 can just switch with that one person so they can perform 24/7 nonestop' XD (Edit: Emmm their self introduction videos were super awkward... well tbh a lot of trainees' were awkward but they would be like #1 in most awkward.)

-Independent trainee Wang Xinyu (born 1996). I... don't know why she's here either... she's a self composing singer artist (some of her songs are songs in some dramas), but her voice is very thin and sweet, like a little girl's. But I don't know of she knows how to dance or not and just overall I don't think she fits with a girl group very well so I think she's just here for more popularity too.

-Xie Keyin (Shaking Chloe). I was so shocked when I saw her on the rumored list, but I was happy when she was confirmed. She was in a lot of girl group survival shows before, but the one I knew her on was The Next Top Bang (yes, the one where they had Kris and Victoria as mentors). She was originally a vocal, but after trying (and writing) rap for the first time she was also pretty decent. And her dance is good too so I think she will be pretty popular if she has good screen time and no evil editing. I don't really get her visuals but her skill level is ok.

-Xu Ziyin (Roada, born 1996). I first knew her in The Next Top Bang too. At that time I really liked her visuals, her vocal, and her dance. But she was eliminated and I didn't hear much about her. The next time I saw her was from a Chinese TV series, where she had a small cameo. Finally I saw her on the rumored list I was surprised and happy when she was confirmed.

-Esther (Yu Shuxin, born 1995). Whoaaaaaa what?!?!?!? That was my feeling when I saw her picture. Well emmmm she's an actress... but not very popular, so I figured she's on the show for more popularity too... Her fans say she's learned dance before but I'm not going to put much hope in it. (Edit: Also her voice might sound kind of fake since it's really squeaky, but it's her actual voice. So don't hate her on that, since it's not her fault her voice is like that. And she's a blink!! Some of her fans say she's on the show just for Lisa 🤣)

-Independent trainee Zhang Chuhan (born 1996). She was also a trainee on Produce 101 China.

-Jenny (Zeng Keni) from OACA. Her dance skills are pretty good. She's acted in a drama before so she's not with zero fans. I think her dancing will get her more fans. And her visual is more of the cool type, so that's another point that will get her fans. Also Aurora, who is also from the same company. She formally debuted in a Kpop group in 2018 called Nature, which is so so so so so unpopular. So she will have more stage experience. Also she's in charge of dance.

-Jennifer (Zhou Ziqian, born 1998) from One Cool Jasco Ent. (which was also the same company as Yao Mingming from season 1 & debuted 3rd place in UNINE) She is a member of ACEMAX-RED (their song MAXY is super good!) I don't know in details about her skill level because I've never really looked at her much (I knew her groupmates Kaga and Bomi from The Next Top Bang, and Lena from Produce 101 China), but if it's anything like her group members, there's no need to worry about her skills. Oh, and she was also on the Unit but I don't know the details since I didn't watch the show lol.

Yup, that's all I know~ And I hope to get some new favourites from the batch that I don't know once the show airs! I heard that it was going to be aired in February? I don't know. But I will be anticipating for it!

Just to summarize, my pre-show picks are Kiki (Xu Jiaqi), Fei Qinyuan,  Liu Yuxin, K (Lu Keran), Sun Rui, Xie Keiyi, and Song Zhaoyi. I'm not really sure if they will have 9 people in the final debut line like Idol Producer and the first season of Youth With You.

Who are you guys picking?! I want to know!

This is my third post on onehallyu. I will be posting more info if I get updated, which I probably will since I go on bilibili and weibo almost everyday.

And last but not least thank you to the starter of this thread for giving me the link! I am so excited to be watching Youth With You Season 2 with you guys who are also following this thread!

Edited by Stacy Jang

On 1/19/2020 at 6:54 PM, Stacy Jang said:

-Jennifer (Zhou Ziqian, born 1998) from One Cool Jasco Ent. (which was also the same company as Yao Mingming from season 1 & debuted 3rd place in UNINE) She is a member of ACEMAX-RED (their song MAXY is super good!) I don't know in details about her skill level because I've never really looked at her much (I knew her groupmates Kaga and Bomi from The Next Top Bang, and Lena from Produce 101 China), but if it's anything like her group members, there's no need to worry about her skills. Oh, and she was also on the Unit but I don't know the details since I didn't watch the show lol.

Finally someone else who also knows Jennifer! Shes one of my picks cuz I know her from Girls Fighting (gg survival from 2016 that Bomi and Kaga was also in) which she ended up ranking 3rd in. Seungri was a judge on that show and was constantly saying how he believes she has star quality tho sadly she never really made it big. 

21 hours ago, DakStupidGenius said:

Finally someone else who also knows Jennifer! Shes one of my picks cuz I know her from Girls Fighting (gg survival from 2016 that Bomi and Kaga was also in) which she ended up ranking 3rd in. Seungri was a judge on that show and was constantly saying how he believes she has star quality tho sadly she never really made it big. 

They were on that show too?? Whoa I didn't know lol. Actually, I won't know since I didn't watch it, but the only reason why I knew that show existed was bc of Li Zixuan (Produce 101 China 12th place) XD

But I knew Jennifer bc of ACEMAX-RED, Chinese netizens say their group is like 'have skill but has no luck, that's why they're not popular'.

No matter she debuts or not I hope her gains a lot more popularity anyway!

On 1/22/2020 at 3:42 PM, Stacy Jang said:

They were on that show too?? Whoa I didn't know lol. Actually, I won't know since I didn't watch it, but the only reason why I knew that show existed was bc of Li Zixuan (Produce 101 China 12th place) XD

But I knew Jennifer bc of ACEMAX-RED, Chinese netizens say their group is like 'have skill but has no luck, that's why they're not popular'.

yep, actually lots of qcyn contestants were on Girls Fighting like Xie Keyin and Zeng Keni. Tho Keyin went by the name Xie Xue or something back then. Huang Xiaoming was a mentor and I rmb he made fun of her weight a lot... 😕

and yea i hope they all gain some recognition from this show as well !

Came across this feature on Yuehua's Jin Zihan. It was done in 2 years ago by a channel that reports on the lives of overseas Chinese and recent immigrants. 

Don't understand enough mandarin to fully comprehend what they are saying but I gathered that she was a streamer (is that what you call it?) and that she is pretty active in New York's Chinese community as an artist.

sidenote:  her mandarin is flawless(or at least to me), i didn't even think she was ABC until I saw this video. 

1 hour ago, caren said:

Came across this feature on Yuehua's Jin Zihan. It was done in 2 years ago by a channel that reports on the lives of overseas Chinese and recent immigrants. 

Don't understand enough mandarin to fully comprehend what they are saying but I gathered that she was a streamer (is that what you call it?) and that she is pretty active in New York's Chinese community as an artist.

sidenote:  her mandarin is flawless(or at least to me), i didn't even think she was ABC until I saw this video. 

She was active on Douyin (TikTok), though she's not actually ABC since she was born in China (Shandong) if I'm not mistaken. 

10 hours ago, caren said:

Am I the only one who's focus is on how pretty her mom is XD

But I dunno if it's bc of the makeup or if she actually just has that kind of looks, but she looks mixed for some reason.

Filming has been postponed for the time being as expected. Would've had a premiere date by now. 

On 1/23/2020 at 5:42 AM, Stacy Jang said:

Li Zixuan's company didn't even bother to put her in this but selected other girls.