[iQIYI] Youth With You Official Thread ~ Episodes 1-6

Posted (edited)

For the new performances I'm looking forwards to The Eve the most!!!

And everyone be sure not to vote for He Meiyan!

Because it's confirmed that she plagarized BTS rap line's Ddaeng and still hasn't apologized for it.

Edited by Stacy Jang
  • Love 1

the Sharon vs Shen Jie center is unfair. The quadruplets votes for their sister when Sharon dances better. She was able to catch my attention while Shen Jie was not. "She has a bright spot" like where??? She was outshine by Sharon. :wut:  

• Like 1
  • Tea 1

First X Mentor - Yoga Lin 

Who’s the center for the theme song?

kiki xu is not in top 9 at all?

wow, something shocking must have happened

my ranking for reveal performances 

Dance: Play > Bad Guy >>> The Eve = Oh Boy

Play is very powerful. Bad Guy is complete as a team. I'm disappointed with The Eve. There isn't an impact part of The Eve same goes with Oh Boy.

Vocal: Flammable and Explosive > > The Sun > Kissing the Future of Love > My Secret 

I've discovered Juicy and Yan Yu bc of F&E. I love their voices. KFL and My Secret aren't my type of song so I rank both low. But everyone on KFL have amazing voice.

Rap: Shaking Team > Marco Team > NINEONE Team

Edited by ode

I'm loving the skill level on these performances. Song choices are also very good. 

Edited by 5201314

On 3/23/2020 at 4:16 AM, Stacy Jang said:

Well, I'm fine with Esther, idk why people say she's fake, but she's actually pretty real.

She lets her feelings out and it's not her fault if people don't like her voice, because that's her actual voice.

She's not any of my picks though, her skill level is definitely better than Yang Chaoyue because she actually knows how to dance but I don't think she will fit in the group so I don't vote for her.

But there's really nothing to hate about her tbh.

If she does debut tho (which I think there's a pretty big chance) the group doesn't need to worry about the humor part, she got it 😄😆

I don't think that's the reason she offends. She was revealed to be former stalking fangirl. She leaked Lee Minho's hotel room info, purposedly flew on same flights with Kim Soohyun and pested him. She did some unpleasant actions while she was in another show back in 2016. She took a cloth of another contestant without asking and said another contestant looked unpleasing.

It's your choice what you feels toward her but, if you insist "there is nothing to hate about her", you may lack common sense.

I find lisa pretty lacking on choreographing. She couldn't give advice to make minor alter on the choreo to make it more impressive. I remember watching Show Lo on PD 101 China and he gave some nice advices about this.

Edited by bzz
  • Like 1

So so sooo glad with the voting results for "The Sun".

I've been a fan of Xu Xinwen since TNTB and she definitely deserved getting first. It's just a shame that her ranking is still super low, and the chances of her making it to the next round is still pretty slim 😕 

I have been confused to why Duan Xiaowei ranks so low then I saw the rumors and speculation of her on twt. I am shocked to know people don’t really know her real age. Like their Youth With You profile doesn’t tell anything like Produce101???  According to one poll on Chinese forum or something, she was 2nd least fav. behind the Quadraplet :._.: they said she was cat fishing, being disrespectful to Lisa on initial evaluation, and rolling her eyes on Zhao Xiaotang when Lisa told her to smile.

Edited by ode

my 1-Pick  :blush:

Edited by ode

On 3/25/2020 at 3:29 PM, ikyu828 said:

kiki xu is not in top 9 at all?

wow, something shocking must have happened

All I want to know is how many TB or tomboy are there in the show?

Liberalism and unarthodox idol are back again. Are you GUYS totally ready for it?

The Chinese net are talking about it left, right and centre.

edit:
Both Tencent and iQiyi used to call it "idol" contest (in case you didn't know)... which sometimes confused the fans/viewers (especially the old school fans) when you have people like Wang Ju 王菊

No issues with the boy version though.
Now season 3, fast forward, the production team(s) is still struggled with it. And now iQiyi decided to drop the "idol" all together (at least for iQiyi 's very first girl version) and call it "X" or undefine. Why not just go "pop culture artiste" and stop abusing the sanctity of "idol"? So are they going back and forth very time when the boy version comes around, it is called "idol"; and if the girl version comes around, it is called "X" or undefine? LOL

Edited by meis

9 hours ago, meis said:

Liberalism and unarthodox idol are back again. Are you GUYS totally ready for it?

The only tomboys that really stood out to me so far are Liu Yuxin, Lu Keran, and Lin Fan. 

That being said, I thought it was funny how Kiki's group had a little scene where they talked about how Liu  Yuxin and Lu Keran were the two who cared about their appearances the most and often went to apply more makeup on themselves. One member even said that they were the prime example of how girls should be acting as well, so maybe they're only tomboy in appearance, but not so much on the inside 🤔

16 hours ago, meis said:

at least 4 tomboyish look

n some r quite unorthodox

jenny zheng is stunning, plus sometimes she looks a lot like weki meki kim doyeon

so i have 5 picks now, kiki xu, jenny zheng, babymonster an, xin liu n xie keyin

bunny zhang is adorable too, plus her rapping is not bad

Edited by ikyu828

17 hours ago, onesnowyday said:

The only tomboys that really stood out to me so far are Liu Yuxin, Lu Keran, and Lin Fan. 

That being said, I thought it was funny how Kiki's group had a little scene where they talked about how Liu  Yuxin and Lu Keran were the two who cared about their appearances the most and often went to apply more makeup on themselves. One member even said that they were the prime example of how girls should be acting as well, so maybe they're only tomboy in appearance, but not so much on the inside 🤔

I'm fine with short hair but pls not that over-the-top boy-ish look. I like and have a preference or taste for short hair girls, and I'm 100% straight full-blooded male, fyi. That does not mean I gonna discriminate girls with long hair or anything. Girls with over-the-top boy-ish look is a turn off. Girls without feminine traits is a turn off. And I denounce ACRUSH.

It is about how these girls interpret themselves, conduct themselves, behave themselves and what they wear. And in most cases, it has something to do with sexual preference (birth thing or genetic thing). Just think about the soft guys with "flowery hands"... in your god damn school. Every school had at least one of them.

Some of my fav girls in BEJ48 and SNH48, and they are GIRLS:

Liu ShuXian 刘姝贤 
EI93sO6.jpg

hrgpdOZ.jpg

Zhao Yue 赵粤 - Akira
l42FVsJ.jpg

qpqGA3u.jpg

Edited by meis

8 hours ago, meis said:

I'm fine with short hair but pls not that over-the-top boy-ish look. I like and have a preference or taste for short hair girls, and I'm 100% straight full-blooded male, fyi. That does not mean I gonna discriminate girls with long hair or anything. Girls with over-the-top boy-ish look is a turn off. Girls without feminine traits is a turn off. And I denounce ACRUSH.

It is about how these girls interpret themselves, conduct themselves, behave themselves and what they wear. And in most cases, it has something to do with sexual preference (birth thing or genetic thing). Just think about the soft guys with "flowery hands"... in your god damn school. Every school had at least one of them.

Some of my fav girls in BEJ48 and SNH48, and they are GIRLS:

Reveal hidden contents

Liu ShuXian 刘姝贤 
EI93sO6.jpg

hrgpdOZ.jpg

Zhao Yue 赵粤 - Akira
l42FVsJ.jpg

qpqGA3u.jpg

For me, I've never really been a fan of tomboy girls groups, but I don't mind girls with short hair if it fits their look. I was quite a fan of Luo Yitian from CZ101. 

Spoiler

Speaking of Zhao Yue though, her short hair look in New Plan looked great <3 

Love Cycle 

Grain in Ear

Tako hurt her neck during practice so she wasn't able to perform at 100%, but I think she still did a great job. 

I actually like this format of performance -> class re-evaluation cause it gives more time for people to vote for trainees who were able to show off their skills during the first performance, like Liu Lingzi and Xu Xinwen. Really hope some trainees will be able to be saved before the first round of elimination. 

Also, there's this really nice cover of Melody on bilibili that I recommend

https://www.bilibili.com/audio/au1446123?type=3?type=6

The song was pretty good, it's just a shame that the performance wasn't that great since most of them were left over trainees no one wanted 😕