Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

[iQIYI] Youth With You Official Thread ~ Congratulations to THE9

I swore off these shows after Produce 101 China, but....here I am back again. Promising myself not to develop attachments, let's see how that turns out. 

I'm super entertained by this season, there's such a variety of funny characters. Yvonne, Zhang Yu, Esther, Shaking, Babymonster, Xiao Tang, Frahnm, Chen Jue etc. Overall skill level is pretty solid too. I just watched The Coming One s3 and the consistency of the judging on this show is now such a welcomed breath of fresh air, thank the lord. My complaints so far, the transitions and editing is sometimes confusing. And some of these song choices, ie the cutesy ones, I don't understand how they showcase the trainees' vocal or dance ability. Just not for me, but I get it, it's popular.

Rooting for Yvonne, Chen Jue, and Shaking.

Current rankings 

Eliwa is 26th?? Jenny 20th?? Am I dreaming? 

Rankings definitely got changed up quite a bit. Diamond is unexpectedly low, since I feel like she's always been more popular than Eliwa?? Tako doesn't have much screen time so I kinda get why her ranking dropped tho. Now I just want Yu Yan to snatch 1st from Esther :rolleyes: I don't mind if Shaking steals it either. 

Also, Li Bobo made it onto Happy Camp lmao 

Posted (edited)

I  don't understand why Aria did not debut with Everglow?

She is pretty and good dancer, Everglow will have 3 visuals (Yiren, Sihyeon, Aria)

Edited by MAKI

1 hour ago, MAKI said:

She is pretty and good dancer, Everglow will have 3 visuals (Yiren, Sihyeon, Aria)

She's better off on this show as their ace. 

• Tea 2

2 hours ago, MAKI said:

They probably wanted her to promote exclusively in the Chinese market. 
As much as I love Everglow, their line distribution is a mess and adding another vocalist would only make it worse.

4 hours ago, 5201314 said:

She's better off on this show as their ace. 

I agree Everglow might look like a success but it's definitely the kind of group who is going to have more casual fans than a solid fandom, they'll always be the chinese kpop group to koreans, the plagiarism controversies didn't help and they still lack an entertainment figure, the running man episode was pretty much a proof to that, they expected Itzy and they didn't recognize the Everglow members. If Aria succeeds on this show her career is secured since this girlgroup should become at least top2 in China.

• Thinking 1

I thought iQiyi would know better than to evil edit these poor girls. 

If you've watched the Missing You 3000 perf, you'll notice that Naho went off key a bit, but cnetz have been posting about how iQiyi didn't use the audio that was from the actual performance - where Naho didn't go off key. Instead iQiyi used the audio that was likely from their practice performance instead. Same thing for Su Shanshan. You can see it in the comparison video below. 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1TQ4y1T7VD/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.4

Also, this is a cute video of Naho doing a solo cover of Missing You 3000 while playing the guitar. It sounds so good! 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1z64y1T7XC/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.3

Cnetz have also found that iQiyi purposely made Zhang Yuge (Tako)'s voice more high pitched than it originally was (making it sound not so pleasant) 

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV13a4y147GA/?spm_id_from=333.788.videocard.0

Also, both Diamond and Eliwa's "killing part" were cut out from the performance edit. Fans noticed iQiyi once again had different edits for the International version. (Top picture is the Chinese version, bottom is International)

EV_go4hUcAAJc7T?format=jpg&name=small

What happened to the iQiyi that did such a great job editing Idol Producer?? I miss those days. 

How does Lisa understand what they're saying if they're all speaking in Chinese, and how do the contestants understand her when she's speaking Thai?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, CYANIDE said:

How does Lisa understand what they're saying if they're all speaking in Chinese, and how do the contestants understand her when she's speaking Thai?

There's a translator in the room to translate for the both of them. When they're on stages and stuff she has an in ear piece to translate for her. 

Edited by jcqlnrdy
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Episode 14 was very satisfying, there were a lot of great performances and the judging was impeccable.

Edited by Nero_Kpop
  • Dislike 1

The two best contestants are Shaking and Babymonster An. Their respective performances are incredibly eye catching and it's safe to say I've watched them more than once. 

• Like 3

I find babymonster creepy. I like shaking though. 

• Tea 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Dislike 1

My prediction of debut- Esther, Kiki, Xin Liu, Shaking, Babymonster, Snow. Slightly less certain but still making my prediction list- Xiaotang, Yuyan.

Last spot- no clear lead yet, I'd guess between Sharon, Aria, maaaybe Joey. Personally would prefer Jenny or Yvonne but I don't think they have much of a shot.

idk why but i feel like baby monster's anqi might debut 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Juicy-Zuo.jpg

I have a feeling about Juicy Zhuo.

Current top 9 seems to be dominated by mood-makers, all-rounders and dancers.The group needs a Main Vocal and Juicy Zhuo is a visual as well, in the sense that her visuals would be considered mainstream very pretty in China, Taiwan and HK.

Edited by yosafbridge
  • Like 1

I was planning to watch the other show but the premiere was 2 weeks away so I decided to watch YWY to fill the gap.

Now I can't watch that other show because I'm so attached to these girls (Yu Yan to be specifically).

How can they be so talented? Literally more than half of the current top 9 is capable of being a soloist. 

Here are some of my thoughts about the top 9 trainees after the 2nd elimination:

1. Yu Yan (3rd): absolute bae, absolutely lovely in her TMI segment. Superb visual, singing, dancing, stage presence and discipline, truly an idol to look up to

2. Liu Xin (2nd), An Qi (6th), Shaking (4th): so talented and charismatic, definitely deserve a spot in top 10

3. Esther Yu (1): not that talented in singing and dancing but have great mindset.

4. Snow Kong (8th), Aria Lin (9th): goddess level visual with A level skill. Aria is a giant baby she deserves all the best thing in the world.

5. Kiki Xu (7th): a very attractive idol but the more you watch the show the more you find her skill so so. But she would make a great muggle attractor

6. Xiao Tang (5th): has a lot of potential but as of now she's lacking to be in top 9 in term of skill.

I'm satisfied with this top 9 and unexpectedly grown attached to them. I don't want any change except Yu Yan being Center :lovestruck:

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

Posted (edited)

the current top 9 is pretty great

looking at the # of votes it's possible if all of the snh48 (including 7senses) fans to concentrate all of their votes to push 1-2 member into top 9

or if all of them voting for xu jiaqi to get her the top spot

Edited by ikyu828

this team spits fire

Ladybees had both Snow Kong and Liu Xin yet were a flop. How?

Posted (edited)

I'd be satisfied with this top 9, except some shuffling of ranking it's essentially my debut prediction. It's likely Esther will get center, but agree that Kiki is the one who has the biggest chance for an upset. Of the top 9 I think Anqi, Xiaotang, and Aria are least stable. I'm hoping one of the OACA girls could make the 9th spot, I like Jenny. But based on previous competition shows, OACA doesn't do much to help their trainees debut.

I wouldn't be surprised if iqiyi prefers to limit one trainee per company to get a debut spot. So I doubt another SNH girl will break top 9 even though they should have enough fans and votes behind them to make it possible. I also doubt Frahnm can make it since Anqi is being favored. Snow and Xiaotang seem most likely to both make it, but I could potentially see a slow decline in rank for Xiaotang. But both Frahnm and Xiaotang have other reasons that could possibly explain not making debut cut.

Edited by hess

I don't have doubt these girls have big chances of make final group: Esther, Yan Yu, Shaking, Xin Liu, Babymonster, Kiki.

The other spots are still in rotation. Xiaotang is good performer but she don't make me impact. I like Snow Kong and Aria: talented, charming and visual but I think their position aren't still full secured.

The gg needs main vocal maybe Sharon, Xinwen or Juicy have chances to rise.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hess said:

I'd be satisfied with this top 9, except some shuffling of ranking it's essentially my debut prediction. It's likely Esther will get center, but agree that Kiki is the one who has the biggest chance for an upset. Of the top 9 I think Anqi, Xiaotang, and Aria are least stable. I'm hoping one of the OACA girls could make the 9th spot, I like Jenny. But based on previous competition shows, OACA doesn't do much to help their trainees debut.

I wouldn't be surprised if iqiyi prefers to limit one trainee per company to get a debut spot. So I doubt another SNH girl will break top 9 even though they should have enough fans and votes behind them to make it possible. I also doubt Frahnm can make it since Anqi is being favored. Snow and Xiaotang seem most likely to both make it, but I could potentially see a slow decline in rank for Xiaotang. But both Frahnm and Xiaotang have other reasons that could possibly explain not making debut cut.

Frahnm deserves her own solo stage. 

4 hours ago, Drama Drama Drama said:

I don't have doubt these girls have big chances of make final group: Esther, Yan Yu, Shaking, Xin Liu, Babymonster, Kiki.

The other spots are still in rotation. Xiaotang is good performer but she don't make me impact. I like Snow Kong and Aria: talented, charming and visual but I think their position aren't still full secured.

The gg needs main vocal maybe Sharon, Xinwen or Juicy have chances to rise.

Yan Yu is the main vocal for R&B All night and Lion. Aria is the main vocal for Play. Shaking is also a vocalist.

With such a team of well-rounders like this I don't think a sole vocalist is needed.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people say they want a main vocal or a visual to round out the top 9. Personally I don't feel like they are lacking someone to fill those spots with the people likely to debut now. Honestly qcyn2 has possibly the strongest debut lineup from a girl produce season ever.