Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HwangMinhyun

Best places to study abroad??

it's really vague tho !! it depends on your financial situation too 

What are you looking for specifically? Languages? Cheap life expenses? Specific field of interest? 

Something that is pretty different from your life and culture, ideally. If it's your first time going abroad alone then maybe a place that is culturally similar, yet stuff is different enough for it to be an unique experience. 

What are you looking for specifically? Languages? Cheap life expenses? Specific field of interest?

Somewhere affordable.. I can pay for my tuition fees but if scholarships are available then why not? As for languages, I'd prefer English.. Heard a lot about Europe but idk.

Somewhere affordable.. I can pay for my tuition fees but if scholarships are available then why not? As for languages, I'd prefer English.. Heard a lot about Europe but idk.

Europe countries are popular for studying abroad as most of them are safe, very welcoming, with scholarships and big offer of courses. If english is a must UK and Ireland's are for u, as in the other countries u will use english in the academic field, but most population have a basic/mid level. Nordic countries as Norway, Sweden have complete programs in english and the locals have a high level of said language, however the life expenses are higher compared to their neighbour countries. 

If you don't mind learning other languages I really recommended mediterranean countries like Spain or Italy. Those 2 always make it to the top of fav destinations for studying abroad thanks cheap cost living, warm and lively culture, good education system. I am from Spain and when i was in the University, there were so many exchange students not only europeans (the mobility between our countries is so easy) but also americans and asians. 

I found this link, maybe it helps u https://www.gooverseas.com/blog/10-most-popular-study-abroad-destinations

laugh.png

Europe countries are popular for studying abroad as most of them are safe, very welcoming, with scholarships and big offer of courses. If english is a must UK and Ireland's are for u, as in the other countries u will use english in the academic field, but most population have a basic/mid level. Nordic countries as Norway, Sweden have complete programs in english and the locals have a high level of said language, however the life expenses are higher compared to their neighbour countries.

If you don't mind learning other languages I really recommended mediterranean countries like Spain or Italy. Those 2 always make it to the top of fav destinations for studying abroad thanks cheap cost living, warm and lively culture, good education system. I am from Spain and when i was in the University, there were so many exchange students not only europeans (the mobility between our countries is so easy) but also americans and asians.

I found this link, maybe it helps u https://www.gooverseas.com/blog/10-most-popular-study-abroad-destinations

laugh.png

Wow thank you! I'll look into it. ☺

Go to germany!!!!!

you will get a qualitative high education  and will pay around 200 bucks for the studies as well as max. 200 bucks for your student dorm.

It's totally worth it.

Go to germany!!!!!

you will get a qualitative high education and will pay around 200 bucks for the studies as well as max. 200 bucks for your student dorm.

It's totally worth it.

Will I need to learn German?? Is there any website which will make my search for colleges easier??

Will I need to learn German?? Is there any website which will make my search for colleges easier??

it depends on what you plan on studying, I'm gonna look for one and contact you later

I studied abroad in Salamanca in Spain and its 10/10 would recommend 

very much a student city cause of the university of salamanca so lots of housing options + VERY affordable

just one of the most beautiful places ive seen lovestruck.png

Singapore

A vibrant and multicultural city state, Singapore includes some of the most prestigious universities in the world, with Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Singapore National University both ranked among the top 15 in the QS World University Rankings. If you want to study in English in Singapore, the good news is that English is one of its official languages, with around 80 percent of the population fluent, and it’s also the official language of instruction at universities. However, costs in Singapore are relatively high – as an example, undergraduate tuition fees at NUS started at S$17,550 (~US$13,000) in 2018, and the high standard of living is matched by high living costs.

Malaysia

Malaysia is quickly becoming a popular study destination for international students, and has recently invested heavily in the higher education sector, for example by welcoming international branch campuses, which are run by universities based in other countries. Existing branch campuses include those operated by the UK’s University of Nottingham and Australia’s Monash University. However, the country’s own universities more than hold their own, with Universiti Malaya its highest ranked at joint 87th in the QS World University Rankings.

English is the language of instruction at private colleges and some government universities, and is also commonly used among Malaysians. For those less proficient in the language, most colleges also offer English proficiency classes. The cost of living for international students in Malaysia is as low as US$3,440 per year.

Hong Kong

One of the world's leading international financial centers, Hong Kong mixes eastern and western cultures, with English widely used in both daily life and higher education – almost all university-level teaching is conducted in English. Average tuition fees are estimated to be around HK$90,000-265,000 (~US$11,465-33,760) a year, so you may wish to apply for a scholarship, either from your university of choice or the Hong Kong government.

India

There is a great deal of diversity in India, both in terms of culture and language – hundreds of dialects are used here, and in fact the 2001 census identified no less than 26 different mother tongues with more than a million speakers. However, in Indian universities, the language of instruction is largely English, especially at postgraduate level, and there are often language classes available for non-native speakers to strengthen their knowledge of the language. The costs of living in India is very affordable, and tuition fees are also on the low side, with courses usually costing US$3,300-7,800.

Taiwan

Another location with a growing number of international students choosing to study in English is Taiwan, in which the language is widely spoken and understood. Keen to attract international students, universities in Taiwan are increasing the number of degree courses taught partly or entirely in English. There are various English-taught programs available, which you can search for via the Study in Taiwan website. Taiwan’s highest-ranked university, National Taiwan University (ranked 72nd in the world), has tuition fees starting at US$3,300 per year.

The Netherlands. I've only met lovely people there, everyone that I came across spoke English and many courses are taught in English at most of the universities. It is a really artsy vibrant place. but of course it depends on what you like and dislike

It depends on you budget and needs. I study at the University of London Computer Science, it's a distance learning. I combine work and study so for me it's a perfect choice. Thanks to the PapersOwl UK writing service I got good grades in English and save my time.

If you are looking for MORE affordable unis + GREAT education

NETHERLANDS

i studied abroad at yonsei university in seoul and loved it! i developed close friendships with the most amazing people and traveled a bunch around seoul, and outside it too. went to busan / nami island / japan (very cheap to visit from korea) and ik a bunch of my friends went to jeju because classes weren't too intense and there was ample time to explore (stick with the study abroad courses and it'll be a breeze - i chose not to take this route and lowkey died finals week but that's my own damn fault.. but i learned a lot and regret nothing!). all my classes were in english and most seoulites speak basic english + a lot of areas are tourist-friendly. i know most of my friends were beginning korean language learners and they got around just fine. as for finances, of course that's super important. i went via CIEE, a study abroad program, and i was able to secure a scholarship so i would definitely look into that if ur school is affiliated with them. i think students applying independently may also be eligible. a bunch of my friends went to copenhagen for their study abroad semester and were on a much tighter budget than me. korea isnt the cheapest place to live but i normally spent around $3-$7 on fast eats / meals on the go. but yeah~ dm me on ig if u want any more details!