Produce Vietnam Kpop

26 replies to this topic

#1 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Servant of LUDA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts
  • LocationIn The Cosmic Nebular

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:44 PM (Edited by 우중 쓰레기, 14 March 2019 - 06:51 PM.)

I know the chances are slim, but I still have a little hope. It's time for my people to get a spotlight in KPOP. A country with 90 million people, and we're still the only major southeast asia nation that don't have any presence in KPOP. Other than our own K-POP inspirered artists. 

Look at these visuals. Aren't we good enough for the KPOP beauty standard?

46664041_1918241971605543_38060976672892

2e1cf06e2a6c112437a1c23560dd5459cfa1469a

DwAMEbnU0AAZtJP.jpg

#2 Moa_Nunu

Moa_Nunu

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts
  • LocationFighting trolls and tooth decay!

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:47 PM (Edited by Moa_Nunu, 14 March 2019 - 06:52 PM.)

I thought Kpop's huge in Vietnam like it is in Thailand. Any ideas why there hasn’t been a Vietnamese Kpop Idol yet when there are so many prominent Thai Kpop idols? From what I remember Vietnam’s a larger country than Thailand as well with a bigger population. It just seems strange to me when there are Kpop idols from other SE Asian nations but not Vietnam, which is one of the biggest countries in the region.

#3 Xinon

Xinon

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationTaured

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:49 PM

I only like the 1st one I forgot his name , can you give me his instagram account for the sake of my thesis? And Toki is Okeish.

#4 Enjoy

Enjoy

Trainee

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:50 PM

What is the explanation for under-representation of Vietnamese idols compared to other Asian countries?

#5 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Servant of LUDA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:53 PM (Edited by 우중 쓰레기, 14 March 2019 - 07:01 PM.)

U ask a question I've been asking myself for years. Somebody says vietnamese families cannot give the finance support for their children to become a trainee Others say we can't endure the harsh training. 

#6 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Servant of LUDA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:57 PM (Edited by 우중 쓰레기, 14 March 2019 - 07:13 PM.)

#7 Moa_Nunu

Moa_Nunu

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:57 PM

I thought Kpop's huge in Vietnam like it is in Thailand. Any ideas why there hasn’t been a Vietnamese Kpop Idol yet when there are so many prominent Thai Kpop idols? From what I remember Vietnam’s a larger country than Thailand as well with a bigger population. It just seems strange to me when there are Kpop idols from other SE Asian nations but not one of the most prominent ones.

U ask a question I've been asking myself for years. Somebody says vietnamese families cannot give the finance support for their children to become a trainee Others say we can't endure the harsh training.

Umm... I doubt the ability to endure harsh training is a characteristic of people from an entire nation. That doesn’t make any sense to me especially when you look at Vietnamese dance cover groups. No way they got that good without working hard and enduring a lot of tough practice. Financial support? I don’t know... maybe? Are all foreign Kpop idols from rich families? Again I don’t think that’s a good explanation.

#8 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Servant of LUDA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:58 PM (Edited by 우중 쓰레기, 14 March 2019 - 07:02 PM.)

#9 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Servant of LUDA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:01 PM

Umm... I doubt the ability to endure harsh training is a characteristic of people from an entire nation. That doesn’t make any sense to me especially when you look at Vietnamese dance cover groups. No way they got that good without working hard and enduring a lot of tough practice. Financial support? I don’t know... maybe? Are all foreign Kpop idols from rich families? Again I don’t think that’s a good explanation.

I've heard all the thai idols are from middle to high income family. It's not the best the explanation, but it's the one that makes kind of sense. Other than that, I don't know. Maybe Korea doesn't think we are ready for KPOP yet?

Sorry for double quoting you. My computer is a little mess today rlytearpls.png

#10 Moa_Nunu

Moa_Nunu

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:03 PM

I've heard all the thai idols are from middle to high income family. It's not the best the explanation, but it's the one that makes kind of sense. Other than that, I don't know. Maybe Korea doesn't think we are ready for KPOP yet?Sorry for double quoting you. My computer is a little mess today :rlytearpls:

What about idols from China, Japan or Taiwan? I don’t know it seems like there would be plenty of middle income families in Vietnam today.

#11 s o f t i e

s o f t i e

❄️ i c e q u e e n ❄️

• PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Locationl o v e 💗 s h o t

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:03 PM (Edited by s o f t i e, 14 March 2019 - 07:03 PM.)

I know the chances are slim, but I still have a little hope. It's time for my people to get a spotlight in KPOP. A country with 90 million people, and we're still the only major southeast asia nation that don't have any presence in KPOP. Other than our own K-POP inspirered artists. 

Look at these visuals. Aren't we good enough for the KPOP beauty standard?

https://scontent-yyz1-1.cdninstagram.com...

https://pm1.narvii.com/6805/2e1cf06e2a6c...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwAMEbnU0AAZ...

As a Vietnamese person myself, no.

#12 WJSN

WJSN

★★★★★

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,688 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:03 PM (Edited by WJSN, 14 March 2019 - 07:04 PM.)

Vietnamese market is not lucrative enough to justify purposely debuting a Vietnamese trainee.

#13 s o f t i e

s o f t i e

❄️ i c e q u e e n ❄️

• PipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:05 PM

I just think the right trainee with all qualifications haven't come up yet: visual, language, and skills.VN ppl have the thickest accent ever, and usually the ones interested in kpop are ratchet, and unqualified. 

#14 waycrispy1

waycrispy1

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:06 PM

I mean your family has to agree to let you forego your studies for basically no real guarantee of debut or success. The ones with no real backup plan are pretty much screwed, especially if you are supposed to leave everything behind and go train in Korea. You better have some kind of wealth to fall back on.

#15 Moa_Nunu

Moa_Nunu

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,942 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:06 PM

Vietnamese market is not lucrative enough to justify purposely debuting a Vietnamese trainee.

Less lucrative than the Thai market?

#16 s o f t i e

s o f t i e

❄️ i c e q u e e n ❄️

• PipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:07 PM

It's no China or Japan, but having one vietnameese idol in a large company's group would definitely make them the NBG/NGG of Vietnam in one second. Vietnameese people stan people who are from their own country hardcore, akin to Filipinos and Brazilians, lol.

#17 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Servant of LUDA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:07 PM

Maybe. But I find it strange how much they seem to invest in my country lately. RBW opened RBW Vietnam last year. It's their Vietnam office. FNC through collaberation with Vietnam, made Celeb Academy. They had three vietnamese trainees training in Korea almost a year and they've returned to Vietnam. So things are happening and maybe this can lead to to something. 

#18 WJSN

WJSN

★★★★★

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,688 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:10 PM (Edited by WJSN, 14 March 2019 - 07:12 PM.)

Less lucrative than the Thai market?

Thailand still has noticeably higher spending power. 

It's not just about how many concerts they could hold in that country (which is higher in Thailand). 

Think about how much money an agency stands to make from solo activities in that country...

#19 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Servant of LUDA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:11 PM

What about idols from China, Japan or Taiwan? I don’t know it seems like there would be plenty of middle income families in Vietnam today.

Vietnam's middle-class are still small and behind Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines. But they are growing though. 

One of the few vietnamese idol company named ST.319, that are known for dance covers, the CEO visted BigHit in november last year. Maybe he was there to send a trainee to BigHit\CJ global group audition? 

#20 우중 쓰레기

우중 쓰레기

Servant of LUDA

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:15 PM

I just think the right trainee with all qualifications haven't come up yet: visual, language, and skills.VN ppl have the thickest accent ever, and usually the ones interested in kpop are ratchet, and unqualified. 

You may have a point there. I heard a rumor about one vietnamese girl passed the CUBE audition in Vietnam last year. They are going to hold another audition soon. 

Up, Up and Away!