Gangnam club dealings from a writer who went undercover

25 replies to this topic

#1 Akpheart

Akpheart

🎧

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,223 posts
  • LocationBTS MT Co-OP

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:35 PM (Edited by Akpheart, 14 March 2019 - 06:37 PM.)

Translator specifies that this isn't about Burning Sun specifically, but it's a helpful statement to understand some of the context and moving parts of this scandal, which will hopefully incriminate more participants in the nightlife industry.

In 2016 Jo Wonkyu went undercover to research for his novel “Made in Gangna,” as a call girl carpool (service that would drive drop off girls to night establishments and/or locations they would meet clients) driver for 6 months. He stated that the Burning Sun situation was just the tip of the iceburg.

“20 something year old pimps would place underage girls into clubs and make them drink GHB. Then they would approach rich men and make them pay to have sex with the girls that they would say were of age. There were many cases where they would illegally film the sex and then blackmail the guy. There is one street in Gangnam that is all officetels that have paid for sex happening. Amongst call girls that prostitute, there are even elementary school girls. The clubs all have a network of contact but are separated so that if they are caught they can cut them out easily. There are also quite a lot of different technology that allows for videos and evidence to be wiped. As Gangnam clubs became a big business there are many instance where idol celebrities become shareholders of important clubs. Idol members of group S are shareholders and many artists from management company Y are also shareholders.”

Translated by u/801126 on r/kpop (they've gone through 10 mega-threads so far twitch.gif )

#2 ✹ BBIBBI ✹

✹ BBIBBI ✹

𝖏𝖎𝖒𝖎𝖓 𝖆𝖍𝖍

• PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:40 PM

D1nidtoVAAAn9HI.jpg

#3 Hiss

Hiss

🐍𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐏𝐘🐍

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,352 posts
  • Location🐦🐦🐦

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:43 PM

horrible..

also 

As Gangnam clubs became a big business there are many instance where idol celebrities become shareholders of important clubs. Idol members of group S are shareholders and many artists from management company Y are also shareholders.”

wthplz.png

#4 RiseLikeACrowTit

RiseLikeACrowTit

If It Can Be Destroyed By The Truth, It Deserves To Be Destroyed

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,412 posts
  • LocationArgentina!

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:43 PM

Expose them all, i'm sure Seungri is not the only celebrity involved, I don't care who falls, drag everything to the light

#5 hersheyz

hersheyz

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Locationthe chocolate factory

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:46 PM

“20 something year old pimps would place underage girls into clubs and make them drink GHB. Then they would approach rich men and make them pay to have sex with the girls that they would say were of age."

souleyesplz.png  disgusting pieces of trash 

#6 myuu

myuu

(・ω<)☆

• PipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:50 PM

Expose them all, i'm sure Seungri is not the only celebrity involved, I don't care who falls, drag everything to the light

#7 Augusto

Augusto

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,476 posts
  • Locationthere

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:51 PM

There were many cases where they would illegally film the sex and then blackmail the guy

such a simple way to get some investors, huh?

#8 Enjoy

Enjoy

Trainee

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:52 PM

Elementary school girls? What the fuck

#9 으르렁

으르렁

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts
  • LocationJaehyun's Bed

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:52 PM (Edited by 으르렁, 14 March 2019 - 06:52 PM.)

there a lot of people in this huh

#10 Pug

Pug

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:52 PM

And some people are still pro-prostitution... Men don't give a shit if the girls are underage, if they are from troubled backgrounds, or got human trafficked, they are only objects to be fucked anyway. Disgusting.

#11 KiriL

KiriL

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:53 PM (Edited by KiriL, 14 March 2019 - 06:53 PM.)

20 something year old pimps would place underage girls into clubs and make them drink GHB. Then they would approach rich men and make them pay to have sex with the girls that they would say were of age. There were many cases where they would illegally film the sex and then blackmail the guy.

Tbh that's exactly what I've thought about when I heard about spycam videos for the first time. From what was revealed so far I guess it's not the case in BS situation tho (or maybe not).

As Gangnam clubs became a big business there are many instance where idol celebrities become shareholders of important clubs. Idol members of group S are shareholders and many artists from management company Y are also shareholders.”

Well. Trully hope they all will be revealed.

#12 waycrispy1

waycrispy1

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:58 PM (Edited by waycrispy1, 14 March 2019 - 07:00 PM.)

WTF, how'd they get them elementary school children? is there a much bigger trafficking ring? they better all get exposed and thrown in jail

#13 Wendii

Wendii

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:02 PM

And some people are still pro-prostitution... Men don't give a shit if the girls are underage, if they are from troubled backgrounds, or got human trafficked, they are only objects to be fucked anyway. Disgusting.

Girl hush... in countries were prostitution is legal.. PIMPING is still illegal.

And sex trafficking and anything sexual involving underage girls will ALWAYS be a criminal defense.

#14 kittymommy

kittymommy

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:07 PM

This omg. I was so appalled by the lackadaisical attitude in some peeps on this site about prostitution as if it was like any other normal career smh.
OH girls if you ever visit Korea pls avoid going to the clubs pls. Your safety always should come first. Be safe

#15 Lamington

Lamington

Idol

• PipPip
  • 371 posts
  • LocationStraya

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:09 PM

3Q0OEj8.gif

#16 Lolly21

Lolly21

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • LocationThe Room of Requirement

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

..."As Gangnam clubs became a big business there are many instance where idol celebrities become shareholders of important clubs. Idol members of group S are shareholders and many artists from management company Y are also shareholders.”

EXPOSE THEM ALL.

BRING IT ON!

#17 Lolly21

Lolly21

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • LocationThe Room of Requirement

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:34 PM

OMG, really, how is the prostitution in SK so diverse and big?!

Damn!

I mean, there's prostitution everywhere but with that much variety? 

WOW

amgplz.png

#18 Drama Drama Drama

Drama Drama Drama

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:42 PM

We need korean Natacha spilling the tea

#19 Akpheart

Akpheart

🎧

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,223 posts
  • LocationBTS MT Co-OP

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:44 PM (Edited by Akpheart, 14 March 2019 - 07:46 PM.)

OMG, really, how is the prostitution in SK so diverse and big?!

Damn!

I mean, there's prostitution everywhere but with that much variety?

WOW

:omg:

I mean, yeah. Translator’s summary of prostitution “hierarchy” in Korea, though some semblance of this is in many places:

“I think this is a good time to share some info in regards to prostitution in Korea.

So these are the major routes of prostitution in Korea

1. ⁠.5 > 10% > Room Salon (Host Bar - male equivalent to Room Salon)

⁠1. ⁠So the difference between these are the "quality" of the girls. In the .5 establishment it means the girls are basically as pretty or prettier than even celebrities. Many times they will even be well educated and speak multiple languages. Either you are so gorgeous that it's unbelievable or the girls are celebrity worthy and educated. This is high end. You drink with the girls and have sex and you pay a ton of money. 10% and room salon are just that but the "quality" of girls is just going to go downhill. Room salons will still have pretty girls but the "quality" will vary and the sex isn't always negotiated at the establishment. Sometimes it is and other times you negotiate with the girl direct. To work at these establishments you either get introduced or for Room Salon's you just go in for an interview. Every week there are new girls/guys that ask to work at the establishment.

2. ⁠Karaoke / Noraebang
⁠1. ⁠This is exactly what it sounds like. It's just karaoke, except you can ask for them to call up girls. You pick and "have fun" with the girls. Sex is negotiated separately and not through the establishment.

3. ⁠Officetel Girls
⁠1. ⁠This is mentioned in the quote above. Officetels are just buildings with offices and studios/1 rooms. It's a broad term like "apartment". They aren't all related to the sex industry. There is one very specific officetel in Gangnam that is famous for this. The "quality" of the girls differ very widely and lot of them have "pimps".

4. ⁠Massage Room
⁠1. ⁠This is exactly what you think of it as. It's basically a massage parlor. Sex does happen.

You can ask any adult in Korea and they will know what all these different types of establishments are. If you walk around Gangnam at night there are business card sized fliers littering the streets advertising massage parlors and officetels and room salons. This is not a surprise in Korea. The surprise is that celebrities got caught.”

#20 RiseLikeACrowTit

RiseLikeACrowTit

If It Can Be Destroyed By The Truth, It Deserves To Be Destroyed

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,412 posts
  • LocationArgentina!

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:12 PM

We need korean Natacha spilling the tea

She is dead unsure.png

Up, Up and Away!