im tired of seeing girl groups getting mentioned in this JJY case

17 replies to this topic

#1 tide

tide

ใ…คใ…ค

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,657 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:12 PM

since the news was broken a few days ago, not only has there been a justifiable outcry against the men who committed these salacious crimes against women, there's been another, slightly stranger, reaction in regards to this news: fans are constantly bringing up the interactions these criminals had with their biases.

"here's this fancam of XX biting his lips at YY"
"remember when XX took pictures with YY?"
"XX used to say he was a fan of YY..."

and i don't know how to explain it, but these sort of posts, their frequency, and the sheer amount of traffic/rts they generate, make me uncomfortable. in my opinion these posts are almost exploitative in nature, as they don't seem to generate any new discussion, they just seem to prey on the fear and morbid interests of fans who can't help but wonder, "maybe my fave was involved?"

and i know, it's human nature to be curious, to observe things in hindsight and pick them apart. but unless you are actually trying to inform others, please refrain from these posts. please refrain from spreading these posts. there's something that just feels wrong about it, especially when it's been established that the identities of the victims (or possible victims) should not be the focal points of the following discussions.

think before making another public tweet/post highlighting the times female celebrities came in contact with those people. think about why you're doing it to begin with -- and if it's not for the right reason, don't do it at all.

tl;dr stop insinuating things and stop creating panic for no reason

#2 spicey babe

spicey babe

๐”ฐ๐”ญ๐”ž๐” ๐”ข ๐”ฐ๐”ฒ๐”ฏ๐”ฆ๐”ญ๐”ž๐”ซ๐”ฑ๐”ž

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,287 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:16 PM

giphy.gif

#3 JisooBear

JisooBear

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:16 PM (Edited by JisooBear, 14 March 2019 - 06:16 PM.)

I agree. I hope all female idols are safe and havenโ€™t suffered, but I feel like people bringing up past interactions are being exploitative. No one is trying to further the conversation, they are just making insinuations and almost fetishising the situation.

#4 FactMan

FactMan

Superstar

• Tech Admin
  • 4,655 posts
  • LocationFacts only.

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:17 PM

Really weird people out there.

#5 Jamoneitor

Jamoneitor

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:18 PM

Agree, thank you for writing this.

#6 zella

zella

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,588 posts
  • LocationI am nice until you say or do something stupid

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:21 PM

bless you tide,thank you for writing this

#7 GirlBye

GirlBye

SCONE

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,720 posts
  • Locationyou ignorant slut

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:24 PM (Edited by GirlBye, 14 March 2019 - 06:24 PM.)

thank you for making this

seems like people are getting a thrill out of searching for any moments they can find between female idols and those monsters

keep the attention on those men, not innocent women that have or could have been affected

society is trash and associating these female celebrities with these criminals will not do them any good

nothing is to be gained. im confused why people are spreading these videos and articles around...think of the girls please

#8 bows of promise

bows of promise

Trainee

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:27 PM

The way people are treating this situation as a whole is pretty creepy and the reason why I've been trying to avoid engaging in discussions about it 

People making it a competition about which company is better or whose biases are "in danger" and which "would never"

People making this into a "who's next", "place your bets", "no one's fave is safe!" kind of race and actually expecting who's gonna be announced next with popcorn is just sick

This is NOT just another kpop scandal anymore, I know it's a bit unreal but actual girls have been victims of abuse this is not about our faves being canceled, the police and government and people in power are involved and there is too much dirt in this and we KNOW they are using these celebrities to divert the attention and it's working. Forget about your kpop faves a bit and see the big picture, this is very real and very scary

#9 CunningStunt

CunningStunt

๐ž๐ฑ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ง๐ข๐œ๐š๐๐จ

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,772 posts
  • Location- 9o9o6e6e -

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:30 PM

Ughh, thank you!

#10 YuMing

YuMing

:3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,121 posts
  • Locationlook around, isn't this enough

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:34 PM

aslkgjdklfg thank you 

this [4506984358609456]

#11 1306444

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:46 PM

A lot of men are the same... In Vietnam news website, there are several of men asking for links of girlgroups and also the spy cam... It's so disgusting that I can explain by word. 

#12 AStan

AStan

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:52 PM

I agree. It's as if people are subconsciously treating this as some form of 'entertainment'. Not just girl groups, but we should stop carelessly throwing baseless accusations and speculation around as well. It does more harm than good. In a way, it might take the attention away from what the real victims/perpetrators. 

#13 Siobhan Halo

Siobhan Halo

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
  • Locationdancing in the moonlight

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:56 PM

Is anyone going back and taking note of all the times these sex offenders were friendly with a male idol and asking "I wonder if they saw the videos?" No, they're not, because it's easier to victimize women.

#14 hallah

hallah

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 06:59 PM

The way people are treating this situation as a whole is pretty creepy and the reason why I've been trying to avoid engaging in discussions about it 

People making it a competition about which company is better or whose biases are "in danger" and which "would never"

People making this into a "who's next", "place your bets", "no one's fave is safe!" kind of race and actually expecting who's gonna be announced next with popcorn is just sick

This is NOT just another kpop scandal anymore, I know it's a bit unreal but actual girls have been victims of abuse this is not about our faves being canceled, the police and government and people in power are involved and there is too much dirt in this and we KNOW they are using these celebrities to divert the attention and it's working. Forget about your kpop faves a bit and see the big picture, this is very real and very scary

idk, i keeping seeing this argument, but i disagree. let's remember that there are many women who are victims to the actions of these celebrities, and their suffering shouldn't be minimized or glossed over just because there are "bigger fish to fry." there absolutely should be focus on the celebrities involved, not only because they also have wealth and power themselves, but because their victims are just as legitimate and knowing who the perpetrators are helps to prevent future victims.

#15 Laia

Laia

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:03 PM

This is NOT just another kpop scandal anymore, I know it's a bit unreal but actual girls have been victims of abuse this is not about our faves being canceled, the police and government and people in power are involved and there is too much dirt in this and we KNOW they are using these celebrities to divert the attention and it's working. Forget about your kpop faves a bit and see the big picture, this is very real and very scary

#16 bows of promise

bows of promise

Trainee

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:06 PM (Edited by bows of promise, 14 March 2019 - 07:07 PM.)

idk, i keeping seeing this argument, but i disagree. let's remember that there are many women who are victims to the actions of these celebrities, and their suffering shouldn't be minimized or glossed over just because there are "bigger fish to fry." there absolutely should be focus on the celebrities involved, not only because they also have wealth and power themselves, but because their victims are just as legitimate and knowing who the perpetrators are helps to prevent future victims.

no I'm definitely not saying we should forget about them or not talk about them but it's the WAY people are doing it that is weird to me, and the way they are still treating it as any other kpop scandal

they're just using it to fuel their personal agenda of "I knew this person/company was fishy! I could see it in their eyes in 2012 when they did x thing", "I bet/hope person y is next"

they are actually taking bets and acting as if it's a who's next kind of thing and some are even making jokes of it... this ain't it

#17 fullofjoy

fullofjoy

Idol

• PipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHera

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:07 PM

Ughh, thank you!

#18 BlinkleBee

BlinkleBee

โ™ฅBLINKโ™ฅ

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
  • Locationโ™ฅ2NE1 Nationโ™ฅ

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:18 PM (Edited by BlinkleBee, 14 March 2019 - 07:19 PM.)

Thats why i think Dispach or any other media outlet there shouldn't have released some of these text messages. Not were they completely unnecessary as they had no incriminating content (apart from guys bragging) but also had to add that the Girls they are talking about are celebrities... I don't get why they saw the need to mention that. As soon as i saw these articles i knew this will gonna happen.

Anyway yes a lot  are now on a ''I hope it's not my fave trip'' and some others use it to hate on male Idols they don't like like '' See i always new A is trash he once was in the same room like JJY''

For some it has turned into Who's the Next Celebrity (Offender/Victim) rather then finding out the whole truth

....as if that even matters right now, this is bigger then kpop.

Up, Up and Away!