captain marvel marvel hollywood movies

27 replies to this topic

#21 김민주

김민주

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,225 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:12 PM

The trailers really turned me off ... or more like ... was so “meh”?

I might watch it though in a couple of years if I had nothing else to do ...

Girl, the trailer was trash compared to the movie. It literally had almost like 0 relation to the movie. I left the theater thinking "odd...the movie was nothing like the trailer made me think."

That's a good thing though since the trailer seemed so...boring

#22 cybersquatti

cybersquatti

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:13 PM (Edited by cybersquatti, 14 March 2019 - 04:15 PM.)

Deserving it? Were MCU fans mad about GotG too? or Doctor Strange? That's the lamest argument I've ever seen lol.

Lol I'm not a Marvel expert I just went by what a lot of people thought of it in the beginning. Also keep in mind that a lot of these fans I was referring to are quite hypocritical and wouldn't be hating on it before it's release if the main character was a male, for example Doctor Strange.

#23 김민주

김민주

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,225 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:14 PM

My viewing was literally sold out (Wed evening showing in a big US city) and it was like 50/50 gender split, maybe slight majority of men. Afterwards the entire audience clapped too! 

Yeah, it was reported that the showing was majority male (55/45) I think which was a much higher male percentage than expected considering Wonder Woman was (48/52) in terms of male/female ratio

#24 momo's lamborghini

momo's lamborghini

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,525 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:20 PM

I would put it on the same level as antman movies 

#25 Dupladé

Dupladé

👠☕Member of the Galaxy Mafia☕👠

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts
  • LocationSomewhere waiting for Sugakookie to open their lamb skewers restaurant

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:22 PM

Yeah, it was reported that the showing was majority male (55/45) I think which was a much higher male percentage than expected considering Wonder Woman was (48/52) in terms of male/female ratio

62% of the audience were male on opening weekend

#26 Stinkerbell

Stinkerbell

Idol

• cherubell ♡
  • 259 posts
  • LocationMay your heart be your guiding key

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:34 PM

I need to watch it. Actually, I have a ton of movies I need to get caught up on before endgame. I refuse to let this movie be spoiled for me like infinity war was

#27 carol danvers

carol danvers

(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,895 posts
  • LocationHigher, further, faster baby ๑・ᴗ・๑

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:42 PM

Lol I'm not a Marvel expert I just went by what a lot of people thought of it in the beginning. Also keep in mind that a lot of these fans I was referring to are quite hypocritical and wouldn't be hating on it before it's release if the main character was a male, for example Doctor Strange.

Lol sorry, I'm just kind fed up with all the bullshit excuses those so called 'fans' keep throwing around when trying to justify why they didn't like the movie. But yeah, had this been a male superhero not a single one of them would've complained.

#28 Delphine

Delphine

Certified Sommungchi

• Hall OH Fame
  • 22,498 posts
  • LocationSommungchi's headquarters!

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:22 AM (Edited by Delphine, 15 March 2019 - 08:37 AM.)

Honestly it's a solid and enjoyable movie. It's not an amazing movie, but let's be real here, when has Marvel ever released an amazing movie to begin with? Never, that's when. Marvel is known for fun action-packed no-brainer blockbuster movies, they never excelled in the S+ quality department, that's not what they're aiming for anyway. And they delivered once again with Captain Marvel. That's what I came to see, that's what I was served. Also, as a women, Carol's struggles were even more relatable to me, and it was nice to see that on screen, but that's just the cherry on top of the cake here (but since we seldom get those cherries to begin with, I appreciate that even more). Also, been a fan of Brie Larson since United States of Tara (back in 2009) so I'm pretty pleased with her casting here.

Also I just bought the NIN shirt Carol is wearing during the movie, as well as the special collab tee Captain Marvel x NIN shirt. Because I've been a fan of NIN for over 12 years now, and well, I now am a fan of Captain Marvel, and I needed new shirt, oops!

Up, Up and Away!