captain marvel marvel hollywood movies

27 replies to this topic

#1 mikmak

mikmak

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:26 PM

Y'all...... you really got me. I admit it. You had me in the palms of your hand. If I didn't have A-List I would've skipped this movie for sure. 

Everyone on the internet was telling me how horrible Captain Marvel was-- I was like :/ and it killed my excitement for the movie! I actually missed my first/original showing for the movie and didn't see it until last night when I remembered at the last second that I had another reservation in Dolby and decided to go through with it.

I cannnnnoooot believe I let y'all sway me! I should've known after I actually had fun watching the Mortal Engines movie that everyone else kept trashing. Let this be my finalll lesson!!

If anyone else is hesitating on Captain Marvel, just know that if you liked other Marvel origin movies it doesn't deviate too much from the norm in any good or bad way, it's a fun Superhero movie with a more relatable edge if you're a woman (her flashback scenes hit home man). Definitely go see it and make up your own mind! ohbi.png

#2 Gifted

Gifted

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:29 PM

Why would anyone not watch it when it is the final MCU film before Endgame , watching it on dvd after endgame is stupid af.

#3 김민주

김민주

Nation's First Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,225 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:30 PM

Captain Marvel was great. People who dislike it are peasants who don't know what real quality is. 

#4 YuMing

YuMing

:3

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,119 posts
  • Locationlook around, isn't this enough

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:35 PM

THANK YOU

CAPTAIN MARVEL WAS GOOD KDFKG

LIKE IT WASN'T MINDBLOWING BUT IT WAS PRETTY AMAZING

#5 i2NE1

i2NE1

CL's Wife ~

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,716 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:36 PM

The trailers really turned me off ... or more like ... was so “meh”?

I might watch it though in a couple of years if I had nothing else to do ...

#6 金彩媛

金彩媛

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

watched it yesterday, honestly its just ok, nothing special for a marvel movie

#7 Lolly21

Lolly21

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • LocationThe Room of Requirement

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:39 PM

Captain Marvel was great. People who dislike it are peasants who don't know what real quality is. 

Agreed!

#8 cybersquatti

cybersquatti

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:44 PM

I think fans were mad because she was never an important character in the MCU and they gave her a movie without actually deserving it.

#9 carol danvers

carol danvers

(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,895 posts
  • LocationHigher, further, faster baby ๑・ᴗ・๑

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:44 PM

/end thread

#10 carol danvers

carol danvers

(◍•ᴗ•◍)❤

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,895 posts
  • LocationHigher, further, faster baby ๑・ᴗ・๑

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:47 PM

I think fans were mad because she was never an important character in the MCU and they gave her a movie without actually deserving it.

Deserving it? Were MCU fans mad about GotG too? or Doctor Strange? That's the lamest argument I've ever seen lol.

#11 Iceprince

Iceprince

JB's husband

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,646 posts
  • LocationJB's bed

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:47 PM

Captain Marvel is a masterpiece. Anyone who disagree is clearly DC fan who is mad that marvl once again but out quality unlike DC

#12 jjangyi

jjangyi

booty protector

• PipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:51 PM

it was ok, i don't really like the main character but idk why

#13 MidnightEXO

MidnightEXO

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,194 posts
  • LocationBeacon Hills

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:51 PM

Haven't seen it because of the MGTOW movement trashing it. I already knew they were doing it on purpose, and took Brie's words out of context, not surprised. 

#14 vincent!

vincent!

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts
  • LocationNah

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:52 PM (Edited by vincent!, 14 March 2019 - 03:52 PM.)

Couldn't care less about the movie because of the actress who's playing Captain Marvel. 

she's trash

#15 hyoknim

hyoknim

Idol

• PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:52 PM

i watched it on monday and IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. i was surprised to see so many men in my cinema, because of all the sh*t i had been reading on the net (i guess cause i don't live in the usa tho), but everyone in the theatre enjoyed it and the dude sitting beside my brother (whom i forced to come with me u.u) wanted the end credits to finish fast cause he was impatient to watch it illegally again at home. laugh.png

#16 gimmi

gimmi

起承轉結

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:55 PM

Yeah, people were saying it was bad and it killed my hype for the movie

I only watched it because my mom really wanted to watch this movie and I was pleasantly surprised

I feel like a lot of people (especially those who have grudge with sjws) saw the movie with a previous bias and exagerated in their review

I wouldn't say it was the best Marvel Movie, but it was really good

#17 Dupladé

Dupladé

👠☕Member of the Galaxy Mafia☕👠

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,354 posts
  • LocationSomewhere waiting for Sugakookie to open their lamb skewers restaurant

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:01 PM

Good for you, I hate the movie.

#18 mikmak

mikmak

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 04:02 PM

i watched it on monday and IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. i was surprised to see so many men in my cinema, because of all the sh*t i had been reading on the net (i guess cause i don't live in the usa tho), but everyone in the theatre enjoyed it and the dude sitting beside my brother (whom i forced to come with me u.u) wanted the end credits to finish fast cause he was impatient to watch it illegally again at home. https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

My viewing was literally sold out (Wed evening showing in a big US city) and it was like 50/50 gender split, maybe slight majority of men. Afterwards the entire audience clapped too! 

#19 Joon

Joon

BOOYAH!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,369 posts
  • Location^^

Don't listen to incels.

#20 Mian

Mian

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,746 posts

I watched last Saturday and I liked it!  laugh.png Samuel Jackson was really funny! The effects were cool! The 90s songs I liked it too!

Up, Up and Away!