Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

what do you do to lift your mood after a breakup?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Loonathehoe

Loonathehoe

No Jiwoo no life

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,050 posts
  • LocationClick on my sig to go to LOONA Chuu thread

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:14 PM

I just broke up with my gf and I'm honestly really sad. I'm kinda trying to keep myself busy with school or reading kpop stuff (tho this is not the best option rn given all the shit happening)

What do you guys do to keep your mind busy and lift the mood?

#2 begginforthread

begginforthread

Idol

• PipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Locationникуда

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:21 PM

Music and alcohol. That might seem like a bad answer to some people but I'm not good with burying or pushing aside my emotions so I just dwell in it for as long as I need to and slowly come out of it.

#3 Seulgi's

Seulgi's

☾ BYULHARANG ☾

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,310 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:43 PM

I used to drink 

But my last breakup I saw myself just driving around for a good while and just enjoying the breeze, 

#4 Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo's Bodyguard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,110 posts
  • LocationJihyo's Heart.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:53 PM

drink. listen to music. 

#5 Loonathehoe

Loonathehoe

No Jiwoo no life

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,050 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 07:57 PM

Lol at you guys saying drinking. I don't drink alcohol :v I guess I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing then

#6 evermore

evermore

까마귀

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,948 posts
  • Locationsᴍᴀʟʟ ᴏʀʙɪᴛ ʟᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴏɴᴀᴠᴇʀsᴇ.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 08:07 PM

Lol at you guys saying drinking. I don't drink alcohol :v I guess I'll just keep on doing what I'm doing then

I make myself iced coffee. Like...with vanilla ice. Liters of it. probably translates into thousand of calories but I couldn't care less after a breakup lmao

#7 lumimochi

lumimochi

Idol

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:58 PM

I give myself a time limit to being outwardly sad (three days) and then I give back all of their shit, and hope that I don’t bump into them until I’m really over them. :-)

Good luck OP, hope you’re feeling a little bit better.

#8 Loonathehoe

Loonathehoe

No Jiwoo no life

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,050 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 06:24 PM

I make myself iced coffee. Like...with vanilla ice. Liters of it. probably translates into thousand of calories but I couldn't care less after a breakup lmao

Tbh I'm kinda UNDERweight rn so it seems like a good option. I like iced coffee too

I give myself a time limit to being outwardly sad (three days) and then I give back all of their shit, and hope that I don’t bump into them until I’m really over them. :-)

Good luck OP, hope you’re feeling a little bit better.

Thing is we kinda ended on good terms? I feel like I should give the things back but at the same time not?

I have high hopes regarding not seeing her given our schedules in uni are super different

Thanks~

#9 lumimochi

lumimochi

Idol

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 March 2019 - 07:48 PM

Thing is we kinda ended on good terms? I feel like I should give the things back but at the same time not?
I have high hopes regarding not seeing her given our schedules in uni are super different

Thanks~

So the reason I would give everything back is so that I won’t have a reason to think about them. Like. I mean. If they have me a house, that’s completely different (tbvh lol) but if they are small, materialistic things, or things that have lots of sentimental value, I’d get rid of them. :-)

#10 hina hikawa

hina hikawa

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 02:35 AM (Edited by hina hikawa, 16 March 2019 - 02:37 AM.)

o no girl what happened :(

i would just keep myself busy basically and work on yourself. i would talk to the people around me and you never know you might make good friends that way. i talked to friends or family and hangout with them they were my biggest support system whenever i had to heal. i would do what i liked like skateboarding, playing video games, listening to music/finding new songs. you can try doing new things like watching new series or movies, eat healthier, go to the gym, etc. when you work on yourself you just get happier from what i seen

just remember that time heals so you don't have to be in a rush to get over her its ok to be sad for awhile

#11 Geewonii

Geewonii

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationSeoul,South Korea

Posted 16 March 2019 - 08:59 AM (Edited by Geewonii, 16 March 2019 - 09:06 AM.)

listen to music

#12 Geewonii

Geewonii

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationSeoul,South Korea

Posted 16 March 2019 - 09:04 AM (Edited by Geewonii, 16 March 2019 - 09:05 AM.)

you go out with friends or
you exercise to stay fit at the same time

#13 Suzy Quatro

Suzy Quatro

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,129 posts
  • LocationInto the Rainbow Vein

Posted Yesterday, 12:55 AM

Trying to busy and putting more attention to other aspects of your life is probably the most mature way to deal with it. If you have stuff from her and you don't want to return just put it away, at least until you get over your ex.

Normally I would try to focus on work related stuff and try to go out with my fried whenever I have some free time to do it.

#14 wonderwice

wonderwice

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • LocationEunbi's pocket

Posted Yesterday, 04:34 AM

I treat myself with food I love or do things I enjoy
I workout and keep myself busy most of the time
Being with friends and family has helped me too

Up, Up and Away!