Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lara Jean

[DISCUSSION AND WATCH][FILIPINO AND NON-FILIPINO(FORIEGN) CAN JOIN]Should The Philippines Change Its Name? [Street Interview]

ME:

NO STAY THE NAME "PHILIPPINES" BECAUSE I GROW UP THE NAME OF MY COUNTRY AND THERE ARE MANY CHANGES IF IT CHANGE NAME TO MAHARLIKA =.=

AND ITS NOT WORTH TO CHANGE FILIPINO'S LIVES MR PRESIDENT THERE ARE MANY PROBLEMS IN THE PHILIPPINES HAVE TO SOLVE PLEASE DONT CHANGE IT 

I'm not from the Philippines, but I don't think it should change , it's actually a good name . But at the end of the day it's up to the people to decide to keep it or change it . 

In India we changed a lot of colonial names back to their original names. Some of it was just political leaders doing stuff in the name of national sentiments some of it really was because ppl wanted to move away from the colonial past.

It all really depends.

Whatever the Filipinos want ofc.

Btw, are all the Filipinos gorgeous af? :o

I like the meaning of Maharlika. Maharlika means freemen or free’d people, but modern times means Royalty or Nobility. And I’m all for it if they wanna change the name of my country, but man the hassle to change every documents and important papers would be so much work for everyone.

Whatever the Filipinos want ofc.

Btw, are all the Filipinos gorgeous af? :o

not all but I agree we breed fine specimens here

Dda86uA.jpg

OT: Philippines is such ICONIC and we already carved our name in the world so no need to change it up

I like the meaning of Maharlika. Maharlika means freemen or free’d people, but modern times means Royalty or Nobility. And I’m all for it if they wanna change the name of my country, but man the hassle to change every documents and important papers would be so much work for everyone.

wait -- your a filipino? didn't expected that!