Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

so i started watching "Legacies"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 LunyEyes

LunyEyes

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

and i'm on the 3rd episode and i really like it far. although i'm past the age of teenage dramas i still find myself trying some of them out and i'm glad to say that "Legacies" is really a stand out. although it falls into some of the typical tropes that i don't like that's included in the genre i still think that it's overall better than other teenage drama shows that i don't care to name....

#2 BlackVelvet9

BlackVelvet9

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:36 PM

It's the series after the originals?
I was unsure about starting it or no after the originals' finale

#3 LunyEyes

LunyEyes

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:39 PM

It's the series after the originals?
I was unsure about starting it or no after the originals' finale

yes! though i have to admit i didn't watch the originals or vampire diaries because i found out that people should have watched the vampire diaries before the originals which i didn't have any interest in but you don't need to watch anything before starting Legacies

#4 jiyo

jiyo

mvsica's ♡

• OH! Press
  • 13,226 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:39 PM

aaa!! i was surprised at how much i ended up liking it :') when i watch teen tv shows i'm usually annoyed at 90% of the character but i found myself really liking the characters in legacies

#5 BlackVelvet9

BlackVelvet9

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:43 PM

yes! though i have to admit i didn't watch the originals or vampire diaries because i found out that people should have watched the vampire diaries before the originals which i didn't have any interest in but you don't need to watch anything before starting Legacies

Lmao, I don't think it was really necessary to watch all of tvd to get a grasp of TO
Just knowing some backstory if something specific was mentioned

#6 LunyEyes

LunyEyes

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:44 PM

aaa!! i was surprised at how much i ended up liking it :') when i watch teen tv shows i'm usually annoyed at 90% of the character but i found myself really liking the characters in legacies

i know, right?? i really like Hope!! though i don't really like the main guy with the curly hair... and i don't like the idea of the two of them getting together even though that's probably going to happen

#7 LunyEyes

LunyEyes

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:46 PM

Lmao, I don't think it was really necessary to watch all of tvd to get a grasp of TO
Just knowing some backstory if something specific was mentioned

well maybe i'll check out TO since witches are like my favorite thing ever and i can just ignore everything i don't understand lol

#8 BlackVelvet9

BlackVelvet9

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:49 PM

well maybe i'll check out TO since witches are like my favorite thing ever and i can just ignore everything i don't understand lol

TO has more witches as important characters so you might like it

#9 LunyEyes

LunyEyes

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:54 PM

TO has more witches as important characters so you might like it

i know! that's why i wanted to check it out lmao! but than i read online that people should watch TVD before i decided not to watch it lol

#10 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,680 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

Most Julie Plec shows tends to start off good ends bad.

#11 BlackVelvet9

BlackVelvet9

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:59 PM

i know! that's why i wanted to check it out lmao! but than i read online that people should watch TVD before i decided not to watch it lol

Got it ahah. I mean the first season would be confusing but the rest is quite easy

#12 LunyEyes

LunyEyes

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:00 PM

Most Julie Plec shows tends to start off good ends bad.

well, i feel like almost all drama shows follow that trend because it wants to take the tension higher and higher and at some point it just gets too off the rails for it to be any good, PLL is a perfect example of that

#13 LunyEyes

LunyEyes

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:02 PM

Got it ahah. I mean the first season would be confusing but the rest is quite easy

fair enough, there might be something like "everything you need to know about TVD before watching TO" so i might just read that before starting the show

#14 BlackVelvet9

BlackVelvet9

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:09 PM

fair enough, there might be something like "everything you need to know about TVD before watching TO" so i might just read that before starting the show

Yeah probably, what you need to know is in season 2 3 and 4 and thats where they appear

#15 Dupladé

Dupladé

👠☕Member of the Galaxy Mafia☕👠

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:14 AM

well, i feel like almost all drama shows follow that trend because it wants to take the tension higher and higher and at some point it just gets too off the rails for it to be any good, PLL is a perfect example of that

Julie kills everyone if she doesn't get her way with the actors. She gives happy ending to like 1 character and everyone else is miserable. She is a mess and almost the whole TVD and TO fandom dislike her for a reason. Good luck with Legacies.

Up, Up and Away!