Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Umbrella Academy! (Spoilers for all 10 eps)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 RenjunSlays

RenjunSlays

Royal Renjun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:50 AM

So I finished Umbrella Academy this morning and I am heated 

1st Luther can choke 

tenor.gif?itemid=7331702

All he's ever cared about is Allison and pleasing his father and living up to being number 1, he treated Vanya like crap, he locked her up and blamed her for the apocalypse when his dumb actions traumatised her. I would have blown up the planet as well. 

Klaus, Allison and Ben are my golden trio 

tenor.gif?itemid=10574599

My faves, they deserve nothing but the best, Allison tried to make up for her treatment of Vanya as children even though it hadn't been her fault, she was a kid in that awful environment but as an adult she knew it had been wrong and she really loved Vanya. 

Klaus can see creepy dead people and was locked up in a cemetery as a child, he gets all the cookies in the world, I love him so much. 

Ben is Sassy AF and never deserved what happened to him, I really hope we get to see more of him in S2. 

Diego 

tenor.gif?itemid=4529854

Annoyed me at some points but he has a heart of gold, when he stayed for Klaus because he knew he wasn't okay and how much he loved his Mum just broke me 

Five 

giphy.gif

Also annoyed me but he was so entertaining, he had all the best moments in the show and his power is truly epic, the kid who plays him is such a good actor. I like how the only thing he remotely loved was Delores but that also broke me, when he gave her up I was way too emotional over a damn mannequin 

Vanya

DampOddBug-max-1mb.gif

Her Dad took away her powers and then everyone treated her like trash for not having any powers. Like I understood why he took her powers but at least treat her nicely. She was isolated and alone growing up in that house and even as adults they just kept leaving her out of stuff. I understood why she blew up the planet okay 

#2 kiina

kiina

Idol

• PipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:27 AM (Edited by kiina, 17 February 2019 - 09:33 AM.)

lol, just finished ep 10. I agree, Luther is an asshole, like the whole Vanya's 'family'. But I like Klaus and No 5 kid... and because of them I will watch the second season imstupid.png

#3 RenjunSlays

RenjunSlays

Royal Renjun

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:12 AM

lol, just finished ep 10. I agree, Luther is an asshole, like the whole Vanya's 'family'. But I like Klaus and No 5 kid... and because of them I will watch the second season https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

honestly Luther needs to start acting like a brother, he cares about the world more than his own sister. I love Klaus and I do like 5, he never means to be a jerk and he treats everyone with the same level of contempt. He only loves Delores 

#4 Solfa

Solfa

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:34 AM (Edited by Solfa, 17 February 2019 - 11:38 AM.)

I don’t like cliffhanger endings, but I enjoyed the series for what it was. The music in this show has been spectacular, the cinematography beautiful, the camerawork exquisite and the set designs breathtaking.

As far as the characters go, I feel like they were numbered from the least interesting, to the most. Or my least favorite, to the most, both ways work.
Spoiler

I thought the writing was a bit padded and it relied too much on misunderstanding and miscommunication conflicts, which is annoying and lazy, but I still enjoyed it.

#5 Your Juan and only

Your Juan and only

Amateur Journalist of OHpression News

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:38 PM (Edited by Your Juan and only, 17 February 2019 - 07:51 PM.)

I enjoyed everything about it. I didnt hate Luther as much as everyone, I've known people like him, it's kind of obvious the type of person he is. He was given the leadership role and given number 1 name, so he had to have certain expectations from his overbearing father who saw them as pawns for his agenda. Luther wasnt treated worst than the rest, but he and Vanya are sort of the same in how they were forced to be alone, obviously more so Vanya. I felt bad for Luther because he couldnt leave because he didnt want to disappoint his father, his father manipulated him. So of course he's the way he is, he was easily manipulated even after the horrible shit the dad did by changing him and sending him to the moon. The way he treated Vanya was the way he was treated by his father only difference is Luther loves his siblings. Him and Five wanted to kill Vanya to stop the apocalypse, kill one save billions.

Diego is honestly one of faves he cares too much but doesnt know how to express it well he was the one who was more hurt by the book out of all them. He's the only one who showed to care about all his siblings, he was there for Klaus, Luther, Five, Allison and Vanya too.

Klaus was my second favorite, hes a fun character. I think it's great the they added the brother connection between him and Ben because they both have powers that they fear more than the others. Klaus used drugs to contain it and I'm sure Ben's death was something dark m, just judging from the memorial that was written on his statue. It makes sense why it took him long to figure it out, it's great it was til the end, wouldve out of nowhere that he controls it easily.

Allison I liked how she learned from her mistakes and didnt want to use her powers after what she did with her daughter, I think her trying to reconnect with Vanya was also her way of trying to fix all her mistakes.

Five I thought was the most annoying, he obviously thought he was better than everyone and that's why he makes the most mistakes, he doesnt know how to ask for help and doesnt trust his siblings.

Vanya she went through a lot as a kid and as adult but like girl you shouldve listened to Allison. I think Vanya losing it was bound to happen when she stopped taking her meds. Poor girl, they couldve just told her the truth Pogo and the dad.

Also I wouldnt blame Luther for what happened to Vanya it was actually Klaus who started it by stealing his dad's box that had the book, otherwise Leonard wouldnt have found it and manipulated Vanya lmao. I dont think people realized he cause some of the problems that lead up to the Apocalypse lol.

I liked what they did with Cha Cha and Hazel but I wish it didnt end with Hazel changing. I still loved their teamwork.

#6 kissxkiss_baby

kissxkiss_baby

Hit You With That DDU-DU DDU-DU ♪

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:23 AM

omg I understand how you watched the whole show in one sitting because I just did that lmao

All ten episodes in one sitting I can’t even breathe or type out my thoughts I’m pooped

#7 Your Juan and only

Your Juan and only

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:14 AM

omg I understand how you watched the whole show in one sitting because I just did that lmao

All ten episodes in one sitting I can’t even breathe or type out my thoughts I’m pooped

ikr I couldnt stop myself, it's not the same as the comics and i loved that about it

#8 kissxkiss_baby

kissxkiss_baby

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:28 PM

ikr I couldnt stop myself, it's not the same as the comics and i loved that about it

I haven’t read the comic but I really wonder why Netflix movies are so shit when their TV shows are popping! This was amazing I loved every bit of it tbh

I think my favourite character was Diego or Allison probably because they are the most developed characters on the shows imo.

Diego, overcoming stuttering because of Mom and their dynamic was so moving to me and realizing that she is more than just a robot and appreciating her in a way the other kids didn’t. Him killing her was out of love whereas the other kids wanted to kill her because they didn’t trust her was really touching. He appreciated all of his siblings in his own way and didn’t count out Klaus when everyone else did.

Allison grew a lot during the show and I like that she knew and acknowledged her fuck ups. Using rumor on her daughter, on Vanya and treating Vanya like shit were all things she payed for. She lost custody and ultimately lost her voice and power. She apoplogize for treating Vanya like crap and isolating her she stood up for Vanya even after Vanya almost killed her. It just shows the love she has despite everything and she chose not to kill Vanya when she could have.

I know people don’t like Lester but I don’t know why...i didn’t really like Vanya that much because they all went through shit as children but hey

This could have been avoided if the day just told Vanya she has powers but trained her when she got older and had better control of her emotions...like after puberty

#9 Your Juan and only

Your Juan and only

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:00 PM

I haven’t read the comic but I really wonder why Netflix movies are so shit when their TV shows are popping! This was amazing I loved every bit of it tbh

I think my favourite character was Diego or Allison probably because they are the most developed characters on the shows imo.

Diego, overcoming stuttering because of Mom and their dynamic was so moving to me and realizing that she is more than just a robot and appreciating her in a way the other kids didn’t. Him killing her was out of love whereas the other kids wanted to kill her because they didn’t trust her was really touching. He appreciated all of his siblings in his own way and didn’t count out Klaus when everyone else did.

Allison grew a lot during the show and I like that she knew and acknowledged her fuck ups. Using rumor on her daughter, on Vanya and treating Vanya like shit were all things she payed for. She lost custody and ultimately lost her voice and power. She apoplogize for treating Vanya like crap and isolating her she stood up for Vanya even after Vanya almost killed her. It just shows the love she has despite everything and she chose not to kill Vanya when she could have.

I know people don’t like Lester but I don’t know why...i didn’t really like Vanya that much because they all went through shit as children but hey

This could have been avoided if the day just told Vanya she has powers but trained her when she got older and had better control of her emotions...like after puberty

I cant wait til they reveal how Ben dies I liked how they used him in the show more than the comics which is 0 use.

Yea I didnt feel bad for Pogo. Also not surprised the lack of communication this family has.

#10 kissxkiss_baby

kissxkiss_baby

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:13 PM

I cant wait til they reveal how Ben dies I liked how they used him in the show more than the comics which is 0 use.

Yea I didnt feel bad for Pogo. Also not surprised the lack of communication this family has.

I love Ben and klaus together actually Klaus is one of my favs too, I love that he doesn’t know how powerful he is

Talking about communication ugh it only clicked around episode 4 that this must take place in the 1980s or something because no one has a damn cellphone, they don’t have cordless phones or internet lmao and the Soviet Union is still a thing

Also Vanya is soooo OP whew
- she can manipulate people? With sound
- telekinesis
- she can drain you life force
- With her violin she can control sound?! Idk but the way she fights and slashes her sister
- shoot laser beams? (The thing with the moon)
- turn white?! Idk lmao

#11 Your Juan and only

Your Juan and only

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 10:51 AM

I love Ben and klaus together actually Klaus is one of my favs too, I love that he doesn’t know how powerful he is

Talking about communication ugh it only clicked around episode 4 that this must take place in the 1980s or something because no one has a damn cellphone, they don’t have cordless phones or internet lmao and the Soviet Union is still a thing

Also Vanya is soooo OP whew
- she can manipulate people? With sound
- telekinesis
- she can drain you life force
- With her violin she can control sound?! Idk but the way she fights and slashes her sister
- shoot laser beams? (The thing with the moon)
- turn white?! Idk lmao

it takes place around our time cause they were born 1989 so they're like 29 almost 30.

#12 kissxkiss_baby

kissxkiss_baby

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:27 AM

it takes place around our time cause they were born 1989 so they're like 29 almost 30.

WHY DOES NO ONE HAVE A CELLPHONE

HOW SwAy!!!

Oh yeah Soviet Union would have been around when they were born

#13 Your Juan and only

Your Juan and only

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,135 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:36 PM

WHY DOES NO ONE HAVE A CELLPHONE
HOW SwAy!!!
Oh yeah Soviet Union would have been around when they were born