Do you know anything about golf?

golf sport

12 replies to this topic

#1 chanyeolears

chanyeolears

Zayn's mistress

• PipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  • Locationyour oppas and unnies would eat grass without international fans.

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:44 AM

-Can it be played by three players (odd)?

-Is it tiring because the players always have to move to where the ball landed?

-What are the caddies doing other than carrying the golf bag?

-Do the players only use one stick in one round? I mean they seem to have many golf sticks, I don't know if there's any difference between the sticks.

#2 Sa1zo

Sa1zo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:16 AM (Edited by Sa1zo, 17 February 2019 - 12:12 PM.)

We had golf few times in our PE classes in high school so I know a little bit.

1. Yes. You can play golf with as many people you like in theory but the most typical is 1 - 4 people.

2.  No unless you are in so bad shape that walking and standing around few hours is tiring for you.

3. Caddies like you said carries the golfer's bag and the golf clubs and also can give advice to the players in different situation.

4. No. Like you said there are many different types of golf clubs that golfers use depending on the situation they are in.

#3 chanyeolears

chanyeolears

Zayn's mistress

• PipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts
  • Locationyour oppas and unnies would eat grass without international fans.

Posted 18 February 2019 - 01:50 AM

We had golf few times in our PE classes in high school so I know a little bit.

1. Yes. You can play golf with as many people you like in theory but the most typical is 1 - 4 people.

2.  No unless you are in so bad shape that walking and standing around few hours is tiring for you.

3. Caddies like you said carries the golfer's bag and the golf clubs and also can give advice to the players in different situation.

4. No. Like you said there are many different types of golf clubs that golfers use depending on the situation they are in.

so the caddies also have to know how to play golf?

#4 Sa1zo

Sa1zo

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:03 AM (Edited by Sa1zo, 18 February 2019 - 03:05 AM.)

so the caddies also have to know how to play golf?

If you meant do caddies have to be golfers and know how to actually play the game themselves the answer is no but I am sure that helps.

I mean even the most basic caddies like some kid just doing it for summer job still have to know quite a lot and that is why they need complete little course to become certified caddie before the summer job.

There are different level of caddies so of course some kid who just started his summer job as a caddie probably can't really give advice etc.. to the golfers it is the more experiences ones with more skill and knowledge that do that.  

#5 ♔ Sana Minatozaki ♔

♔ Sana Minatozaki ♔

♔ Goddess & Grandmaster ♔

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,510 posts
  • Location♗ Ridin' Myungsoo's D♗ Baby Girl ♗ Vous Me Voyez ♗ Here For Holy Trinity - Sana, Momo & Mina ♗ Stan Nation's Girl Group Twice!♗ FXXK BOYS GET MONEY

Posted 18 February 2019 - 06:49 AM

nope

#6 bustahjoong

bustahjoong

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 11:52 AM

Sadly no

#7 do kyungsoup

do kyungsoup

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationI'm not a monkey... but I love banana (-ᴥ-)

Posted 19 February 2019 - 03:00 PM

hm no

#8 Jumore

Jumore

Debutee

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:09 PM (Edited by Jumore, 28 February 2019 - 12:56 PM.)

#9 eunheart

eunheart

beauté éclatant ♡

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,570 posts
  • Locationcœur de Koya

Posted 11 March 2019 - 11:56 AM

1. I remember you can always go with a lot of people, but usually you'll play up to 4 players, fit just nice to the buggy car capacity. 

2. The best I know is that it doesn't look tiring, but you're actually using your whole body muscle to swing your club and hit the ball. And it does need your stamina and strength a lot since it can be a whole day long game depending on your performance.

3. Usually caddies are the one who either carry the golf set or drive the buggy car, or even both. I guess it depends on the golf courses? I only know up to this point :lol:

4. No they're not using just one stick, or more accurately club. They have 3 types in general that has different function for different terrain and they have numbers of them to vary your need.

Wew I actually know something about golf :rlytearpls:

#10 Vivian89

Vivian89

Trainee

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted 23 March 2019 - 10:11 AM (Edited by Vivian89, 25 March 2019 - 10:19 AM.)

I am a big fan actually and Tiger Woods is the greatest golfer of all-time. I used to watch all matches on 

https://777score.co.uk/ and then make some bets on his winnings. What thrilling emotions I got those days!

#11 TheBigMermaid

TheBigMermaid

Idol

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:41 PM

Know nothing much. 

It seems boring.

#12 lumimochi

lumimochi

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 March 2019 - 01:37 PM

I just know that in movies they say, “It’s all in the hips,” or, “It’s all about the follow through.” I’ve only ever played mini golf tho lol

#13 FinnTheHuman

FinnTheHuman

Trainee

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 May 2019 - 10:54 AM

yes i know some stuff and luckily the pga tour is currently near me so i'm thinking about going

Up, Up and Away!