Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Those whose parents are divorced, how did you feel when you first knew they were going to divorce?

divorce parents

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 chanyeolears

chanyeolears

Zayn's mistress

• PipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:27 AM

I know some people may not accept it at first, especially if they're still very young

#2 Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo's Bodyguard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,130 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:34 AM

#cantrelatesorry 

#3 HoneyPopCupcake

HoneyPopCupcake

Wooshin's hair

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:39 AM

#cantrelatesorry 

#4 wieauchimmer

wieauchimmer

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:42 AM

I was only a little kid back then, so I can't entirely remember. But I was actually pretty relieved, because I didn't like to see them fighting all the time
Even as a child it was obvious to me that they were happier appart.

#5 Jessikai

Jessikai

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:43 AM

Simultaneously in disbelief but not really surprised, if that makes any sense. I was 18 at the time though.

#6 cherub

cherub

back to 파란색면

• PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:52 AM

i was really surprised since my parents never let me see then fighting so when they took the decision i was very taken aback. 

#7 plutto

plutto

134-340

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:58 AM (Edited by gimmi, 12 February 2019 - 10:59 AM.)

I was soooooo relieved
They were fighting all the time, I couldn't even sleep because they would scream at each other
The only way I managed to sleep was from exhaustion from crying

It was really rough times and I'm glad they divorced because they are happier now.

I hate it when people say that parents that don't love each other anymore should stay together for the sake of their child. Please no, you don't want a child to grow up in such a toxic environment.

#8 UMJI MOODS

UMJI MOODS

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,340 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:21 AM

Happy. My father cheated on my poor mother all the time. It was a relief.

#9 campfire

campfire

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,715 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:25 AM

I was T H R I L L E D. Like, thank god that's over, lets move on and that was that. It's been 9 years since then and I'm still happy it happened.

#10 · Moonrise ·

· Moonrise ·

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 06:00 PM

I felt really sad because the divorce directly resulted from my dad’s mental illness and his unwillingness (because of the mental illness) to get treated

it’s not like he cheated or was abusive

#11 Spring By Chance

Spring By Chance

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,042 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:09 PM (Edited by Spring By Chance, 12 February 2019 - 08:11 PM.)

well my parents were always fighting for as long as I could remember so honestly it was a relief that they divorced. My first memory of them fighting was scary, I was hiding under the dining table while they screamed at each other and my mom was hurling cuss words at him...not something a 3-4 year old should be hearing. My mom was the abusive person in that relationship. 

#12 Pananana

Pananana

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:11 PM

I hate watching my mom cry everyday so I was happy hearing that they decided to separate ways

#13 Rose.

Rose.

☾ BYULHARANG ☾

• PipPipPipPip
  • 8,542 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:18 PM

My best friend's parents divorced when we were in high school. 

His maturity displayed in full form during it. He would spend school days at his moms and weekends at his dad's 

He talked about how he knew they were eventually going to divorce cause they were constantly arguing to the point where he'd sleep over our house

#14 wonderfulisaaa92*

wonderfulisaaa92*

The Ultimate Fangirl

• PipPipPip
  • 2,276 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:58 PM

I was 16 at the time and witnessed my parents fighting all the time, so it was definitely no shocker. I feel like it didn't really hit me though until I saw my father for the first time, a few years after the divorce. It is what it is. My mom was the main parent of the household anyway and who I felt the closest to. But ideally, it would be nice to have your parents together or at least active in their children's lives. My dad never was and probably will never truly be. And I think for a son, especially, he needs a father figure in his life for sure.

#15 c'est la vie

c'est la vie

♡ 𝒹𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓂𝓎 ♡

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:25 PM

I was 4 and I think it didn't affect me that much

#16 do kyungsoup

do kyungsoup

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:25 AM

I was very young, i only got sad after they got divorced, because i don't remember them fighting or the 'proces' itself. I cried everytime I had to leave my dad for a whole week, but that stopped when became 10 or 11. I prefer it like this, i can't even imagine them being together.

Up, Up and Away!