Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Yao Chen (of JYP) confirmed to join Produce 101 China (male version)

19 replies to this topic

#1 beginkookie

beginkookie

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:19 AM

#2 Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo StoleMyHeartAYAYAY

Jihyo's Bodyguard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 54,130 posts
  • LocationJihyo's Heart.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:21 AM

hes cute 

#3 Saram

Saram

Manusia

• PipPipPip
  • 2,039 posts
  • Locationif you're nice to me,i'll be nice to you i'm nice user as fuck, if you see me being mean to someone, they earned that shit <3

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:23 AM

goodluck to himlovestruck.png

#4 Moon Jellyfish

Moon Jellyfish

Who Am I? I Am CHAMPION!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,691 posts
  • LocationTaecyeon's House

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:23 AM

Wow. good luck to him

#5 StyleStartSbenu

StyleStartSbenu

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:39 AM

So this means JYP is gonna delay the next Chinese boy group for years potentially? It was supposed to debut this year, if he makes it into the final group how long will that promote for? 2 years? 3?  This move makes no sense to me from JYPE unless they lost some of their debut team trainees for this group and have basically reset. The seemingly no news of JYPE Japanese trainees participating in the Nizi survival also confuses me. 

Maybe they are going to still debut the Chinese group but they want to debut him solo separately? I can't imagine that JYP still thinks sending individual members to produce type shows is a good idea. The resulting popularity imbalances in the group are not worth it imo.

#6 beginkookie

beginkookie

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 05:45 AM

So this means JYP is gonna delay the next Chinese boy group for years potentially? It was supposed to debut this year, if he makes it into the final group how long will that promote for? 2 years? 3?  This move makes no sense to me from JYPE unless they lost some of their debut team trainees for this group and have basically reset. The seemingly no news of JYPE Japanese trainees participating in the Nizi survival also confuses me. 

Maybe they are going to still debut the Chinese group but they want to debut him solo separately? I can't imagine that JYP still thinks sending individual members to produce type shows is a good idea. The resulting popularity imbalances in the group are not worth it imo.

Save for Jackson a lot of JYP idols don't seem to to get much Chinese mainstream gigs so far. Maybe this is their step towards it?

Or maybe they're waiting for Boy Story to grow up a bit.

#7 StyleStartSbenu

StyleStartSbenu

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:00 AM (Edited by StyleStartSbenu, 11 February 2019 - 06:02 AM.)

Save for Jackson a lot of JYP idols don't seem to to get much Chinese mainstream gigs so far. Maybe this is their step towards it?

Or maybe they're waiting for Boy Story to grow up a bit.

Well this group is another group just like boy story but older (avg age 18/19) so I don't see how it'd be similar to their Korean groups. Once the group gets popular they can start doing individual stuff.

Waiting for boy story to age doesn't make sense to me since both these groups clearly are aimed at wildly different demographics. So this basically means that ITZY will be the only 2019 debut since the Japanese girl group is now Nov 2020 and if Chen gets into the final produce group he will be doing that for years. Rocket girls is 2 years but this could always be more.

Chinese PD101 is done by Tencent, and the JYP boy groups are also with Tencent. Maybe they're planning to have him do rly well, rig the camera time and storylines in his favor, then pull him out of the show for some BS reason like an injury or not feeling well (think Jurina but instead on the 2nd last episode lol) and then a couple months later debut the group lmao. I'd love to see that TBH.

#8 capital

capital

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Locationaxiah

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:02 AM

If he is the one meant for SKZ (the guy who Chan loves and mentioned in his first album Thanks) then maybe - he is been put into the show because he is going to be a solo? He is older than the other boy trainees, and JYP seems to be set on that group debuting. Or, he'll magically not make into final group but is there to get shine just like Yeji in the Fan?

#9 StyleStartSbenu

StyleStartSbenu

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:03 AM

If he is the one meant for SKZ (the guy who Chan loves and mentioned in his first album Thanks) then maybe - he is been put into the show because he is going to be a solo? He is older than the other boy trainees, and JYP seems to be set on that group debuting. Or, he'll magically not make into final group but is there to get shine just like Yeji in the Fan?

ya check out my edit to the post you responded to.

#10 Nero_Kpop

Nero_Kpop

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:58 AM

Without Tencent i doubt a JYPE boygroup would succeed easily in China, so they probably are following Tencent wishes.

Tencent is probably salty about idol producer and 9% right now so they want to build hype for produce101 season2 any way possible, it's a good opportunity for Yao Chen.

To be fair JYPE should probably send all the trainees but maybe they don't want to be represented by unprepared ones

#11 Maneli

Maneli

Long-term Trainee

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:36 AM (Edited by Maneli, 11 February 2019 - 08:40 AM.)

But i really like to see what yao chen prepared to us.he was always a mysterious gem.

#12 Gilraen92

Gilraen92

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,874 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:45 AM

He's really such a cutie

#13 #!nasigoreng

#!nasigoreng

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,551 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:01 AM

#14 Jesseknight

Jesseknight

Idol

• PipPip
  • 455 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the rainbow

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

Good luck to him. I really thought they'll send Yang Yang too cause the review about him in the August trainee showcase seemed favourable.

#15 roeleek

roeleek

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:34 PM

Maybe he isn’t part of the Line up for Boystory.

#16 Moon Jellyfish

Moon Jellyfish

Who Am I? I Am CHAMPION!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,691 posts
  • LocationTaecyeon's House

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:51 PM

Maybe he isn’t part of the Line up for Boystory.

Boystory is different from the group Yaochen is rumored to be in. Also, Boystory already debuted

#17 Dilemma

Dilemma

Long-term Trainee

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:43 PM

Cool

Sent from my iPhone using OneHallyu

#18 Øzi Øzi

Øzi Øzi

Trainee

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationL.A // Rome // Birmingham

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:00 AM

I really think jyp has no intention of debuting Chinese members from mainland China becuse every time they do have a trainee from mainland they send em off to Chinese survival shows

#19 SugasKumamon

SugasKumamon

Trainee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 05:37 PM

So this means JYP is gonna delay the next Chinese boy group for years potentially? It was supposed to debut this year, if he makes it into the final group how long will that promote for? 2 years? 3? This move makes no sense to me from JYPE unless they lost some of their debut team trainees for this group and have basically reset. The seemingly no news of JYPE Japanese trainees participating in the Nizi survival also confuses me.

Well, Ye Chen did leave JYPE a couple months ago so....(btw ye chen was another chinese trainee)
Aside from the last three the others are the chinese trainees as of august 2018,minus ye chen

https://i.imgur.com/ek8K8rZ.gif

#20 Sweet Cupcakes for Twice

Sweet Cupcakes for Twice

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationCandybong's land

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:00 PM

He's so cute, and seems to me he has the visual that JYPE 's after! Maybe his eyes? 

Up, Up and Away!