Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

so...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 xomondayes

xomondayes

Idol

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 07:49 AM (Edited by xomondayes, 08 February 2019 - 07:51 AM.)

I haven't posted in years and no one knows me but i just really need to talk this out with people who don't personally know me [im terrified please go easy D:]

So my boyfriend and i have been dating for about two years and the only problems we've had involved mental illness related issues, other than that i would say our relatiobship is going perfectly. However today he got confessed to by one of our classmates despite this said person knowing that my boyfriend is in a relationship. Not only that, but straight afterwards he told my boyfriend that my boyfriend was quite ugly anyway and??? I'm really upset about this because I perosnally am not okay with the idea of people confessing to other people when they know said person is in a relationship and he topped it off with an insult that is not true.

I told my boyfriend I wanted to speak with this guy because I was upset with his actions and I felt I had a right to say something to him about it but my boyfriend doesn't want me to, saying that it'll only cause more problems. He's a generally peaceful person and avoids conflict whenever he can but I kind of feel hurt because it seems like he's trying to protect this guy's feelings over mine (my boyfriend rejected him by the way and I know he loves me so that isn't the issue). I just want to tell this guy that what he did was wrong and that my boyfriend isn't ugly and he needs to back off but I don't want to go against my boyfriend's wishes.

Am I overreacting? I really don't know what to do and it's bothering me so much ):

#2 indigo

indigo

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,892 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:07 AM (Edited by indigo, 08 February 2019 - 08:08 AM.)

I don't think your boyfriend is trying to protect his feelings, but avoid more interaction with this person. 

What the guy did was rude on multiple levels, but it also suggest maybe he's not the most stable or rational person? So it's probably best to keep the interaction and conflict low and let him move on from it. If that's how he acts with people, he won't get very far and he'll have to deal with the natural consequences - alienating people. 

#3 YourOppasLookUp2Mine

YourOppasLookUp2Mine

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:09 AM (Edited by YourOppasLookUp2Mine, 08 February 2019 - 08:10 AM.)

I'd say you're overreacting. It's nothing against you that that person confessed to your BF. If anything, the guy prob alrdy knew he'd get rejected anyway and only did it to get over him. The only relation this holds to you, is that you're the actual BF/GF (sry I can't tell :[ )

If you step up now, it'll only make you look petty tbh. The whole thing was over and done with as soon as your BF rejected the guy. And as long as he doesn't actually come onto your BF, I'd say stay out of it. I understand you're annoyed and hurt maybe, but it truly isn't "your business" to say it harshly/directly. Your BF ended it, and that's that.

Concerning the insult - that was prob just a cover up for the dude and his hurt feelings. I wouldnt mind that one much.

#4 choiyujins

choiyujins

Global Superstar

• OH! Press
  • 7,071 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:13 AM

Honestly, I think you should probably move on. Your feelings are already hurt, and I assume your boyfriend's feelings would be hurt too after being insulted. What's more, the person who confessed was probably hurt too by being rejected, even if what they did was insensitive. Confronting them will probably create more unnecessary hurt and drama. There's not a lot you can do about jerks like that, so it may be best to just let sleeping dogs lie in this case.

#5 god

god

sky daddy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:19 AM

typical loser calling someone ugly right after they get rejected lmao. it's standard procedure for insecure hoes out there so don't take it personally. if ur boyfriend was "ugly" then the guy would've never confessed to him in the first place, so let him live with the embarrassment bc clearly it ATE him up for him to be throwing out insults like that. 

i understand the desire to want to drag a bitch for ur loved ones, but if ur boyfriend says he's over it... then i think u should be over it too. at the end of the day, that moron is gonna feel so damn awkward for the remainder of ur class time, so revel in the fact that u have their dream date while they'll be seething in the corner x

sdLSbG3.gif

#6 ♤♡Minlee Aizy ♡♤

♤♡Minlee Aizy ♡♤

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:24 AM

typical loser calling someone ugly right after they get rejected lmao. it's standard procedure for insecure hoes out there so don't take it personally. if ur boyfriend was "ugly" then the guy would've never confessed to him in the first place, so let him live with the embarrassment bc clearly it ATE him up for him to be throwing out insults like that. 

i understand the desire to want to drag a bitch for ur loved ones, but if ur boyfriend says he's over it... then i think u should be over it too. at the end of the day, that moron is gonna feel so damn awkward for the remainder of ur class time, so revel in the fact that u have their dream date while they'll be seething in the corner x

https://i.imgur.com/sdLSbG3.gif...

^^^^^^^^ This

#7 Iceprince

Iceprince

JB's husband

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:27 AM

Why do you want to keep beating a dead horse? That thing ended when your bf said no to that guy. You going to confort that guy could possibly just create a big uneccesary drama that nobody asked (he got feelings hurt and acted because of that and then you come and they go to defence mode and the mess is ready). If you go to talk to that guy it might seem petty or jealous move which is not cute. In the worse scenatio that might hurt your bf's pride that you have to get involved because you dont trust them enough. But i dont know about you or your bf and what kind of people you are. So leave it. You already have him so why to waste time to someone irrelevant?

And no im not saying you cant feel hurt too but there are things that are meant to be left alone and move on. This is one of them

#8 ♔ Sana Minatozaki ♔

♔ Sana Minatozaki ♔

♔ Goddess & Grandmaster ♔

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,510 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

if your bf doesn't want you to confront that guy , respect it

#9 xomondayes

xomondayes

Idol

• PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:44 AM

I don't think your boyfriend is trying to protect his feelings, but avoid more interaction with this person. 

What the guy did was rude on multiple levels, but it also suggest maybe he's not the most stable or rational person? So it's probably best to keep the interaction and conflict low and let him move on from it. If that's how he acts with people, he won't get very far and he'll have to deal with the natural consequences - alienating people.

I'd say you're overreacting. It's nothing against you that that person confessed to your BF. If anything, the guy prob alrdy knew he'd get rejected anyway and only did it to get over him. The only relation this holds to you, is that you're the actual BF/GF (sry I can't tell :[ )
If you step up now, it'll only make you look petty tbh. The whole thing was over and done with as soon as your BF rejected the guy. And as long as he doesn't actually come onto your BF, I'd say stay out of it. I understand you're annoyed and hurt maybe, but it truly isn't "your business" to say it harshly/directly. Your BF ended it, and that's that.
Concerning the insult - that was prob just a cover up for the dude and his hurt feelings. I wouldnt mind that one much.

Honestly, I think you should probably move on. Your feelings are already hurt, and I assume your boyfriend's feelings would be hurt too after being insulted. What's more, the person who confessed was probably hurt too by being rejected, even if what they did was insensitive. Confronting them will probably create more unnecessary hurt and drama. There's not a lot you can do about jerks like that, so it may be best to just let sleeping dogs lie in this case.

https://i.imgur.com/sdLSbG3.gif...

^^^^^^^^ This

Why do you want to keep beating a dead horse? That thing ended when your bf said no to that guy. You going to confort that guy could possibly just create a big uneccesary drama that nobody asked (he got feelings hurt and acted because of that and then you come and they go to defence mode and the mess is ready). If you go to talk to that guy it might seem petty or jealous move which is not cute. In the worse scenatio that might hurt your bf's pride that you have to get involved because you dont trust them enough. But i dont know about you or your bf and what kind of people you are. So leave it. You already have him so why to waste time to someone irrelevant?
And no im not saying you cant feel hurt too but there are things that are meant to be left alone and move on. This is one of them

if your bf doesn't want you to confront that guy , respect it

thank you everyone (:

#10 CareBear123

CareBear123

Idol

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:32 PM

I understand you are upset and bothered by all of this, but unfortunately you don't have control over other people's actions. You never know if someone else will take a liking to your boyfriend and express their feelings. But the important thing is those confessions means nothing to your boyfriend because he loves you.

I would not recommend you go confront the rude guy, if he manages to say those ugly things, in all honesty he sounds nuts and it's a waste of time trying to battle a crazy.

Up, Up and Away!