Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Activity Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

workout preference?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. the lesser evils

• yoga
    • cardio (indoors/machines)
    • pilates
    • weights
    • cardio (outdoors/running etc)
    • ball games
    • martial arts (kickboxing, karate etc)
    • swimming
    • barre
    • dance
    • don't have any but i'm starting this year, honest

come one come all!

i noticed that there was not real thread for this to go with the official diet thread which i think is a shame since apart from eating healthy we all need a bit of support to stay fit.

so this could be where we share our routines, inspire and motivate each other ?

tumblr_o3o0wvTQVf1rvfm5no1_500.gif

• Like 4

Nice. I recently started a work out plan for the first time! 

cool!! i always dread that part bc as soon as i set a goal i need to pursue it, but as long as i don't and work out sporadically i can continue holding off any real commitment. 

i'm re-strategising for spring and summer as of next week, less yoga and more high impact, like kickboxing. :)

cool!! i always dread that part bc as soon as i set a goal i need to pursue it, but as long as i don't and work out sporadically i can continue holding off any real commitment. 

i'm re-strategising for spring and summer as of next week, less yoga and more high impact, like kickboxing. smile.png

My problem was I wouldn't work out sporadically so I had no choice but to set up a planrlytearpls.png  Surprisingly its been going well so far I hope I can continue like this

and kickboxing sounds really fun! I'm doing cardio + yoga 

I told myself that 2019 is the year I need to start working on my fitness, so I just began doing yoga to ease myself into it. My friend recommended Yoga With Adriene on Youtube so I'm currently following this playlist (

) and so far I'm really enjoying it!

ohbi.png

Edited by Baymax
  • Like 3

My problem was I wouldn't work out sporadically so I had no choice but to set up a planrlytearpls.png  Surprisingly its been going well so far I hope I can continue like this

and kickboxing sounds really fun! I'm doing cardio + yoga 

my job pays for my gym membership so they force me to go in a way laugh.png not that i'm complaining tho it's as great of a motivator as any. i haven't done this in a while but my fav thing used to be yoga first thing in the morning, before work lovestruck.png what's your preferred style? ashtanga is mine 

I told myself that 2019 is the year I need to start working on my fitness, so I just began doing yoga to ease myself into it. My friend recommended Yoga With Adriene on Youtube so I'm currently following this playlist (

ohbi.png

this looks AWESOME! 

Please help me shape up my wobbly ass. My partner is happy I'm comfy, but I mean, I wouldn't mind losing weight still. I have quite some to lose, I'll still be comfy anyway imstupid.png

I usually work out 6 days a week.

I train my upper body on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Lower body are trained on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday.

Sunday are my rest day.

Currently, I am aiming to run a full marathon at the end of this year.

Please help me shape up my wobbly ass. My partner is happy I'm comfy, but I mean, I wouldn't mind losing weight still. I have quite some to lose, I'll still be comfy anyway imstupid.png

oh my i sympathise, tho my ass is boney sadly so there's no upside. squats. but the key to squats which so many underestimate is that it's about core strength just as much or more than inner upper thigh, bc you need stability to keep in position and not put too much emphasis on your back etc. how's your core? maybe couple squats with these types of exercises: 

H7fh.gif

to exercise your core, then squats, then LUNGES

36502372000_f08280074f_o.gif

I HATE THESE SO MUCH but they do wonders!

• Like 2

I don't have a tremendous amount of time or the ability to leave the house as I watch my grandma fulltime. I actually have been using a system based on Canadian Air Force exercises. I found a paperback edition from the early 60's in my grandparents library. Since I have found that both the male(5bx) and female(xbx) versions can be downloaded as pdfs as well as charts for different levels and abilities available online free. They are simple but effective exercises and take only a short time each day.

I'm starting a new workout plan next week ahmagahplz.png . Otherwise i have just been attending gym classes , They are really effective 

i agree, classes are the best motivator. there's the social pull factor, plus it's fun!

Sunday are my rest day.

oof you're my goals... i used to be you, then i moved and slacked off bc i was out of my comfort zone warstarplz.png

also, marathon? in your latitudes? hat off to you sir, hat OFF! rlytearpls.png

I don't have a tremendous amount of time or the ability to leave the house as I watch my grandma fulltime. I actually have been using a system based on Canadian Air Force exercises. I found a paperback edition from the early 60's in my grandparents library. Since I have found that both the male(5bx) and female(xbx) versions can be downloaded as pdfs as well as charts for different levels and abilities available online free. They are simple but effective exercises and take only a short time each day.

i used to work with a guy who'd do push ups in the copy room laugh.png one makes do with what one has available and one has to be creative

currently bulking, I want to gain 3/4 kgs by March

I've been eating like a pig and recently started going gym again so hopefully I should reach my goal

ahmagahplz.png

OMG this is the best place for a lazy ass like me! Yoga is my most preferred fitness regime but I also like following up those HIT videos online. Since I got married 6 months ago, I have just been lazying around. Doing yoga daily is my new year goal. This thread will encourage me to keep going...thanks for making this!! lovestruck.png

ohbi.png

I also follow Adriene along with bunch of other Yoga videos!! 

Sunday are my rest day.

Woah!! You are an inspiration! ahmagahplz.png

oh my i sympathise, tho my ass is boney sadly so there's no upside. squats. but the key to squats which so many underestimate is that it's about core strength just as much or more than inner upper thigh, bc you need stability to keep in position and not put too much emphasis on your back etc. how's your core? maybe couple squats with these types of exercises: 

H7fh.gif

This is good post! I hateee lunges though!idontthinksobetchplz.png

i agree, classes are the best motivator. there's the social pull factor, plus it's fun!

oof you're my goals... i used to be you, then i moved and slacked off bc i was out of my comfort zone :cry:

also, marathon? in your latitudes? hat off to you sir, hat OFF! :rlytearpls:

Well marathons here are held really early in the morning or at night so it is atill bearable

I need to go to the gym as well 

my fat ass needs a diet rlytearpls.png

my job pays for my gym membership so they force me to go in a way laugh.png not that i'm complaining tho it's as great of a motivator as any. i haven't done this in a while but my fav thing used to be yoga first thing in the morning, before work lovestruck.png what's your preferred style? ashtanga is mine 

omg that actually seems so ideal! I used to go to my uni's gym which was free for all students but then I graduated lol so now I'm back to paying every month 

I actually started yoga just a few weeks ago so I'm still a newbie! everything I've been doing so far is hatha and its been helping with my back pain 

currently bulking, I want to gain 3/4 kgs by March

I've been eating like a pig and recently started going gym again so hopefully I should reach my goal

ahmagahplz.png

question, do you bulk on protein, protein + carbs or carbs only? i've heard different theories on that. i'm trying to bulk on protein alone since i'm keto, but it's not working so well, the high fat intake is burning whatever little fat i have... meaning i'm having a hard time building muscle now. unsure.png tho idk what gender you are and it's different for men and women, still thought i'd ask laugh.png  

OMG this is the best place for a lazy ass like me! Yoga is my most preferred fitness regime but I also like following up those HIT videos online. Since I got married 6 months ago, I have just been lazying around. Doing yoga daily is my new year goal. This thread will encourage me to keep going...thanks for making this!! lovestruck.png

I also follow Adriene along with bunch of other Yoga videos!! 

Woah!! You are an inspiration! ahmagahplz.png

This is good post! I hateee lunges though!idontthinksobetchplz.png

GLAD YOU THINK SO! i was worried nobody would comment, since it hadn't been made yet (but i know there's some fitness nutters here so that surprised me tbh) ahmagahplz.png i def need motivation too, so hopefully this thread will stay alive ohbi.png

H7fh.gif

Ok coach I will try these starting tomorrow pray4me rlytearpls.png

Well marathons here are held really early in the morning or at night so it is atill bearable

have you heard about the borneo international marathon? laugh.png seems just nuts, same steaming heat but PLUS the mountainous environment... but running in your country actually sounds really kinda cool rlytearpls.png i think i'd try that. 

Ok coach I will try these starting tomorrow pray4me rlytearpls.png

trust me i cry every day but my ass looks like a cantaloupe. rlytearpls.png well it used to. been slacking off idontthinksobetchplz.png i'm with you in spirit

have you heard about the borneo international marathon? :lol: seems just nuts, same steaming heat but PLUS the mountainous environment... but running in your country actually sounds really kinda cool :rlytearpls: i think i'd try that.

Ooh I never heard of it. Running in the mountains sound so fun. Sadly Singapore do not have any mountain

im currently only running for 20-40min a day for my class (need to do a 5k in under 15 by march) but i need to start diversifying bc i also want to take this as the initiative to finally lose weight

going to try and post here often :ahmagah: