Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo
- - - - -

The Magnificent Kotobuki (Koya no Kotobuki Hikotai)

3 replies to this topic

#1 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,645 posts
  • LocationDegenerate's basement fufu...

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:11 AM (Edited by A random user, 28 February 2019 - 04:05 AM.)

kotobuki-banner.png

The Kotobuki squadron are mercenaries bodyguards for hire with a fleet of planes ready to take in air dogfights any time.

Studio GEMBA is on charge of this 12 episodes long anime original with Tsutomu Mizushima (Girls und Panzer, Shirobako) on the direction and Michiko Yokote (Shirobako, Prison School, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin) as the scriptwriter.

OP - Sora no ne

ED - Tsubasa wo Motsu Mono-tachi

Hidive & Crunchyroll is simulcasting the show.

Source: Anime News Network & r/animethemes

#2 coval

coval

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts
  • LocationIt is I - Coval. The merged unification of all existing ARMY. I am BTS' TEACHER, their TEAR and HER. Protector of OT7, Amazona of outsold stadium tours. Breaker of Sales Records. Queen of Billboard. If I will leave this place one day, then all merged ARMY will go with me to the Magic Shop so we can sing together the song of the Young Ones. ~ nale 2019

Posted 30 January 2019 - 05:58 AM

Knowing Michiko Yokote is the scriptwriter theres gonna be lots of bouncing tits :imstupid:

#3 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 03:05 AM

๐Ÿ‘late๐Ÿ‘mid๐Ÿ‘season๐Ÿ‘review๐Ÿ‘

Like I said, this season ain't running out of two things: tsunderes and planes.

The Magnificent Kotobuki can be considered some sorta of Girls und Panzer semi-spiritual succesor, aka "Cute Girls Doing Some World War Stuff In A Cute Way". And thus the in air fight secuences are truly something else, pretty much the highlight and where the show put most effort. On a side note, while the worldbuilding is nothing to write home about yet, the pieces of information regarding where the actions unfolds is really interesting and definetely another of it's strongest points.

While the production is not. this mix of 2d and 3d feels weird sometimes. But so far an enjoyable show for it's action secuences.

#4 A random user

A random user

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,645 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 12:37 AM

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

And so, overall this show shined on her own when the in air dog fights took place.

Is obvious all the effort went to the battle secuences where the direction managed to make every battle entertaining and different from each other. It could be said the "overarching" story only served as an excuse to put the main cast on their planes and fight becausd it can be said the show structure is based on "dog fight of the week".

On another hand, while I said the production quality was nothing to write home about it, I assume it was an understatement from my part. Because on this later half seeing dozens and dozens of planes fighting on screen and not suffering from a drop on framerate is something to aprecciate on this time of seasonal anime.

To sum up, a must choice for enthusiasts of enganging action, because despite it's story being good as well is obvious all the effort went on the smooth execution of the flight secuences.

Up, Up and Away!