Please use your display name or email address to log in! User names are defunct. If your display name had special characters, log in with your email address and update your display name asap. ×
Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
enchante

The Official Fashion Thread

2020 Trends  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite trend(s) of Spring 2020?

• Polka Dots
    • Leather
    • Vests
    • Feathers
    • Loud Prints
    • Bermuda Shorts
    • Tiering
  2. 2. What's your least favorite trend(s) of Spring 2020?

• Polka Dots
    • Leather
    • Vests
    • Feathers
    • Loud Prints
    • Bermuda Shrts
    • Tiering

do you work in the fashion industry?

yea, basically for my whole professional life actually. tho not for much longer, i just received an offer for another job and i'm gonna take it. 

yea, basically for my whole professional life actually. tho not for much longer, i just received an offer for another job and i'm gonna take it. 

fashion merchandising major here. so you really get as many free clothes as they say you do huh

yeah zara is very much geared towards trend of the moment sample size, it would be nice to see some diversity from them

anyone else absolutely GAGGED over this burberry coat? i'd sell a kidney for that

a7ccac12450182412fcbf52a8f663cb630542255

aaaahhhhhh i love! ahmagahplz.png i want something similar for fall rlytearpls.png

fashion merchandising major here. so you really get as many free clothes as they say you do huh

oh! no actually i've never seen that happening. models do sometimes get sample items after shows but that's just bc they're paid dust (and sometimes they just assume they can take something when they can't and you end up chasing some half naked model bc they're still wearing 1500 usd boots laugh.png ) you do get a great discount at most jobs tho. smile.png

Edited by katsu • curry • chips

Ikr, my mom taught me well hahaha she used to give me tips, cuz here sometimes even new stuff are found faulty rip rlytearpls.png I wanted to buy a shirt the other day, it was new but it had a hole wthplz.png

I do like it, I would only spend the morning looking for stuff and then I'd go to lunch home n.n probably cuz my city isn't that big hehe never tried online shopping I'm afraid I might get something too small or too big

LOL, that happens everywhere! Even I´ve found holes on "new" clothing laugh.png

Regarding shopping, that´s a nice advice, but I guess I could do that if the stores are near my house. There are many boutiques and I even have a store in front of me but I haven´t visited that one yet. Although I´m not into purchasing anything for now because I´m losing weight and I still have 25-30 lbs to lose!

And I understand the fear of getting something too big or small, but usually the measurements of the clothes it´s on the description and I find it very convenient and easy. But to each their own. You could try once! It´s fun!

oh! no actually i've never seen that happening. models do sometimes get sample items after shows but that's just bc they're paid dust (and sometimes they just assume they can take something when they can't and you end up chasing some half naked model bc they're still wearing 1500 usd boots laugh.png ) you do get a great discount at most jobs tho. smile.png

well a discount is good enough for me lmao. 

well a discount is good enough for me lmao. 

definitely laugh.png

I already went to college and studied Advertisement.

But I´ve always wanted to study Fashion Merchandising! Since I was a sophmore in highschool.

FIT has always been on my mind, but I´m not sure if I still want to do that...

Edited by Lolly21

ooooh the bayswater. i remember that bag, it was icONIC. girls at my school would literally sell their siblings for it back then. it's such a classic, friends of mine who have it still swear by it. good choice!

Yes, that bag is just rlytearpls.png

It doesn´t have any initials, which I love and it´s so classy but still youthful.

yeah zara is very much geared towards trend of the moment sample size, it would be nice to see some diversity from them

anyone else absolutely GAGGED over this burberry coat? i'd sell a kidney for that

a7ccac12450182412fcbf52a8f663cb630542255

It´s really cool.

Unfortunately, for me, I live in tropical weather so coats are a NO NO :(

Yes, that bag is just rlytearpls.png

It doesn´t have any initials, which I love and it´s so classy but still youthful.

yea i'm not big on the brandishing of logo even tho i know it's back in style now. 

even this is pushing it for me but i do love it

bb54ffdd21466abcffec6d0080a91308.jpg

reminds me of my early teens when the saddle bag was so HUGE. ofc back then it was covered in logo

Relatable af rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png I love that simple vintage style ahmagahplz.png especially those short, long sleeved dresses

Omg YES the short, long sleeved dresses. I love it so much <3 I bought one similar to this Jennie one that was super in last year, from a thrift shop! It's navy and the floral pattern is gold and red, I'm in love with it QRLGYBO.png The only difference is in the dress collar (? sorry English isn't my first language rip), it has a lower cut which I prefer lmao

This Jennie dress btw:

blackpink_jennie__floral_dress_151779941

I already went to college and studied Advertisement.

But I´ve always wanted to study Fashion Merchandising! Since I was a sophmore in highschool.

FIT has always been on my mind, but I´m not sure if I still want to do that...

i'm waiting for my fit app to be accepted rn, if it is

Omg YES the short, long sleeved dresses. I love it so much <3 I bought one similar to this Jennie one that was super in last year, from a thrift shop! It's navy and the floral pattern is gold and red, I'm in love with it QRLGYBO.png The only difference is in the dress collar (? sorry English isn't my first language rip), it has a lower cut which I prefer lmao

This Jennie dress btw:

blackpink_jennie__floral_dress_151779941

ah yes

that looks like stretsis dress, they're known for their love of vintage and using it when pattern making so you basically went to the source to find your dress! smile.png

i'm waiting for my fit app to be accepted rn, if it is

Good luck! 

Let us know when it gets accepted :D

so this is interesting, what do y'all wear on a daily basis and why? or what designer/style do you prefer?

i'd say i'm slowly transitioning all my "fast fashion" i.e. forever 21, H&M, primark, etc. clothes that i've acquired throughout my teens OUT of my wardrobe (since i'm trying to make conscious choices regarding ethics and environmental impacts of the clothing i purchase) and therefore am getting rid of a large portion of my day-to-day outfits.  probably for the best in terms of creative expression on my part as well.  

you know, for a writer, i have an awfully hard time describing my style in words.  it's quite eclectic and all over the place.  somewhere between 80s new romantic, 90s fran drescher, and 2010s layered monochrome library chic (gimme that all-black fantasy!)  i love vintage stuff and find the 80s/90s to be the best inspiration for ootds.  

can't say i'm immensely knowledgeable on designers, either.  i've seen some early 90s azzedine alaia that i like, as well as early 90s dolce & gabbana (who i can never support...for many reasons) if you have recommendations, let me know!

• Like 1

ah yes

that looks like stretsis dress, they're known for their love of vintage and using it when pattern making so you basically went to the source to find your dress! smile.png

Yessss! Stretsis dresses are really pretty but unfortunately I could never afford lmao

I wish I knew how to sew because I see so many awesome yt vids of people buying old clothes from thrift stores and transforming it into something more modern but... I can only make a bow lmao. My talents end there 5cF9Biq.png

yea i'm not big on the brandishing of logo even tho i know it's back in style now. 

even this is pushing it for me but i do love it

bb54ffdd21466abcffec6d0080a91308.jpg

reminds me of my early teens when the saddle bag was so HUGE. ofc back then it was covered in logo

That bag totally reminds me of early 2000´s Paris Hilton ahmagahplz.png

It´s very cute!

LOL, that happens everywhere! Even I´ve found holes on "new" clothing laugh.png

Regarding shopping, that´s a nice advice, but I guess I could do that if the stores are near my house. There are many boutiques and I even have a store in front of me but I haven´t visited that one yet. Although I´m not into purchasing anything for now because I´m losing weight and I still have 25-30 lbs to lose!

And I understand the fear of getting something too big or small, but usually the measurements of the clothes it´s on the description and I find it very convenient and easy. But to each their own. You could try once! It´s fun!

I thought it was just here hahaha

Yeah it's great having stores so close, like I mentioned I also like walking and normally I have an idea of what I want. Good luck losing weight ilikeitplz.png are you doing any diet or exercise?

I actually bought a few shirts for my mom and they all fit, except for one, which was horrifyingly big, I should try it some time yeah

oh! no actually i've never seen that happening. models do sometimes get sample items after shows but that's just bc they're paid dust (and sometimes they just assume they can take something when they can't and you end up chasing some half naked model bc they're still wearing 1500 usd boots :lol: ) you do get a great discount at most jobs tho. :)

WOWW your life seems fascinating. how did you break into the industry?

I thought it was just here hahaha

Yeah it's great having stores so close, like I mentioned I also like walking and normally I have an idea of what I want. Good luck losing weight ilikeitplz.png are you doing any diet or exercise?

I actually bought a few shirts for my mom and they all fit, except for one, which was horrifyingly big, I should try it some time yeah

Yeah, I love walking as well!

I live close to a mall and there´s a lot of boutiques there and and in my neighborhood. 

I was really overweight and my back hurt a lot. I´ve lost 40 lbs. Still need to lose 25-30 lbs more. And no, I don´t have an strict diet or anything but I still watch what I eat, of course. And yes, I do workout 4 and 5 times per week on a gym. It´s a habit now and I love it! 

the amount of you who love dad sneakers and hate animal print. it's time to send you to the reeducation room!

• Like 1

Yeah, I love walking as well!

I live close to a mall and there´s a lot of boutiques there and and in my neighborhood. 

I was really overweight and my back hurt a lot. I´ve lost 40 lbs. Still need to lose 25-30 lbs more. And no, I don´t have an strict diet or anything but I still watch what I eat, of course. And yes, I do workout 4 and 5 times per week on a gym. It´s a habit now and I love it! 

You're lucky, I actually have to walk around to see the stores but I get excited about getting new clothes most of the times tbh

Wow that's an amazing motivation & yeah it does become a habit. I don't go to the gym but exercise at home and now I'd feel guilty if I stopped 

the amount of you who love dad sneakers and hate animal print. it's time to send you to the reeducation room!

I don't love either one of those. I hate prints overall, I could possibly maybe pass floral print but...idk laugh.png laugh.png