Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
enchante

The Official Fashion Thread

2020 Trends  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite trend(s) of Spring 2020?

• Polka Dots
    • Leather
    • Vests
    • Feathers
    • Loud Prints
    • Bermuda Shorts
    • Tiering
  2. 2. What's your least favorite trend(s) of Spring 2020?

• Polka Dots
    • Leather
    • Vests
    • Feathers
    • Loud Prints
    • Bermuda Shrts
    • Tiering

wear the menswear anyways, don't let society dictate what you want to drape on your flesh prison

flesh prison hdidkskps

but yes, agreed! anyone who gives you shit for wearing clothing assigned for a particular gender isn’t worth a second thought or a middle finger

Edited by lovesojung
  • Like 1

HEN LO!

I love fashion a lot, although I don't know much about brands and stuff like that... I get 90% of my clothes from thrift shops, starting thrifting saved my life lmao I love vintage inspired looks (especially french 60s fashion ugh I adore it) and that way I get to try a lot of diff outfits I wouldn't normally try rlytearpls.png  I love love movies and tv shows and I usually get fashion inspo from them <333 My personal style is a whole mess bc I like to try out 60s/70s hippie, wannabe-goth librarian, heavily-clueless-inspired girl next door and preppy gone rebel looks fdsgkfda sometimes I change my appearance a lot but mostly... my style can be summed up by this

26c3af00-6a15-0133-9004-0e17bac22e39.jpg

Some of my fave fashion inspos!!

brenda-walsh-90210-clothes-fashion-costu

cbc6391d0b9afdce6574cb2321a17b55.jpg

article-2334968-1A1E9B38000005DC-169_634

tumblr_oprl1lWMRM1r8scyto8_r1_400.png tumblr_oprl1lWMRM1r8scyto7_r1_400.png

tumblr_ofe641wO481r8scyto1_400.png

fashion-icons-jane-birkin-2-text.jpg

1171830.gif

a15ddee767dc898c6630f7d3803a9872.jpg

and so many others rlytearpls.png

AND! 

I love her style so much, def one of my main fashion goals lovestruck.png

• Like 2

HEN LO!

I love fashion a lot, although I don't know much about brands and stuff like that... I get 90% of my clothes from thrift shops, starting thrifting saved my life lmao I love vintage inspired looks (especially french 60s fashion ugh I adore it) and that way I get to try a lot of diff outfits I wouldn't normally try rlytearpls.png  I love love movies and tv shows and I usually get fashion inspo from them <333 My personal style is a whole mess bc I like to try out 60s/70s hippie, wannabe-goth librarian, heavily-clueless-inspired girl next door and preppy gone rebel looks fdsgkfda sometimes I change my appearance a lot but mostly... my style can be summed up by this

26c3af00-6a15-0133-9004-0e17bac22e39.jpg

Some of my fave fashion inspos!!

brenda-walsh-90210-clothes-fashion-costu

cbc6391d0b9afdce6574cb2321a17b55.jpg

article-2334968-1A1E9B38000005DC-169_634

tumblr_oprl1lWMRM1r8scyto8_r1_400.png tumblr_oprl1lWMRM1r8scyto7_r1_400.png

tumblr_ofe641wO481r8scyto1_400.png

fashion-icons-jane-birkin-2-text.jpg

1171830.gif

a15ddee767dc898c6630f7d3803a9872.jpg

and so many others rlytearpls.png

AND! 

I love her style so much, def one of my main fashion goals lovestruck.png

Relatable af rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png I love that simple vintage style ahmagahplz.png especially those short, long sleeved dresses

wear the menswear anyways, don't let society dictate what you want to drape on your flesh prison

flesh prison hdidkskps

but yes, agreed! anyone who gives you shit for wearing clothing assigned for a particular gender isn’t worth a second thought or a middle finger

haha guys i appreciate the support and a agree with the sentiment 100% but i didn't mean it like that. i have a background in pattern design and tailoring so i already wear a lot of clothing that applies classic tailoring technique on to women's garments however - since i know how for ex a suit is structured and why, i know how it's fitted for a men's body and practical preferences as opposed to a woman's. and there's nothing that triggers me more than a badly fitted garment, for men or women alike. what i love about designers like raf simons and dries van noten is their in-depth understanding of tailoring and how it's translated to the female form without necessarily transmute it according to current standards (or societal ideas of gender roles if you wish) - which is why they're both so timeless in their language. 

A+++ of flesh prison tho idalso, seriously i died laughing. if this thread has any official terminology then i vote for that to be included

so this is interesting, what do y'all wear on a daily basis and why? or what designer/style do you prefer?

i've worn dries since i was about 17-18, i came off a long period of punk-goth japanese street fashion before that. since raf left dior (rip) i've started wearing calvin klein which i never ever thought i would... i also love bottega veneta for everyday looks, loewe and max mara. when i was about 13 i bought my first comme des garcons dress and junya watanade skirt and i almost got fired from my after school job for that one lmao...  

haha guys i appreciate the support and a agree with the sentiment 100% but i didn't mean it like that. i have a background in pattern design and tailoring so i already wear a lot of clothing that applies classic tailoring technique on to women's garments however - since i know how for ex a suit is structured and why, i know how it's fitted for a men's body and practical preferences as opposed to a woman's. and there's nothing that triggers me more than a badly fitted garment, for men or women alike. what i love about designers like raf simons and dries van noten is their in-depth understanding of tailoring and how it's translated to the female form without necessarily transmute it according to current standards (or societal ideas of gender roles if you wish) - which is why they're both so timeless in their language. 

A+++ of flesh prison tho idalso, seriously i died laughing. if this thread has any official terminology then i vote for that to be included

so this is interesting, what do y'all wear on a daily basis and why? or what designer/style do you prefer?

i've worn dries since i was about 17-18, i came off a long period of punk-goth japanese street fashion before that. since raf left dior (rip) i've started wearing calvin klein which i never ever thought i would... i also love bottega veneta for everyday looks, loewe and max mara. when i was about 13 i bought my first comme des garcons dress and junya watanade skirt and i almost got fired from my after school job for that one lmao...  

Girl sorry to intrude but you must be a rich Queen

itzy's stylists continue being legends. this has to be my fave look of 2019 so far, those white ankle boots are killer

DyAbG4gUUAAajz6.jpg

itzy's stylists continue being legends. this has to be my fave look of 2019 so far, those white ankle boots are killer

DyAbG4gUUAAajz6.jpg

agree, it's almost enough for me to forgive the bicycle shorts on ryujin...... almost. idontthinksobetchplz.png

they all looked fab in all the teasers, tho i preferred the styling in the blue teaser pics. rlytearpls.png

Girl sorry to intrude but you must be a rich Queen

i've just had a lot of access for the most part. laugh.png i also shop like... twice a year 0u0plz.png bc i don't like shopping. so i don't spend that much overall when i do

i've just had a lot of access for the most part. laugh.png i also shop like... twice a year 0u0plz.png bc i don't like shopping. so i don't spend that much overall when i do

Ohh I see laugh.png I shop kinda often but mostly from thrift shops rlytearpls.png clothes have gotten more and more expensive in my country *sighs*

Ohh I see laugh.png I shop kinda often but mostly from thrift shops rlytearpls.png clothes have gotten more and more expensive in my country *sighs*

I'M REALLY BAD AT THRIFT SHOPPING!!! rlytearpls.png friends of mine who are stylists professionally are absolutely insane, they can pull out something from a 5 dollar bin and it looks like couture. i can't do that. i'm also really weird, i don't like vintage or second hand that's been worn too much... but i did find this insane 50's ball gown in paris once, worn maybe thrice and in excellent condition. it was a lil pricy but nothing compared to actual value. i've worn it for a party but that's it. i'm kinda happy i'm so crap at thrifting tbh, otherwise i'd shop way more than i do... unsure.png i hate shopping so much but i love fashion as a subject. but you'd never guess looking at me, i've worn the same daily uniform since university. in my experience those who love thrift shops are often also much more interesting style wise than i am.  

do you work in the fashion industry?

also as much as i love itzy's styling nothing could ever make me forgive the sparkly red bicycle shorts, that's a crime against nature

I'M REALLY BAD AT THRIFT SHOPPING!!! rlytearpls.png friends of mine who are stylists professionally are absolutely insane, they can pull out something from a 5 dollar bin and it looks like couture. i can't do that. i'm also really weird, i don't like vintage or second hand that's been worn too much... but i did find this insane 50's ball gown in paris once, worn maybe thrice and in excellent condition. it was a lil pricy but nothing compared to actual value. i've worn it for a party but that's it. i'm kinda happy i'm so crap at thrifting tbh, otherwise i'd shop way more than i do... unsure.png i hate shopping so much but i love fashion as a subject. but you'd never guess looking at me, i've worn the same daily uniform since university. in my experience those who love thrift shops are often also much more interesting style wise than i am.  

We all hate overly worn pieces I think, unless you're extremely poor so I'd get it that you can't afford something better. But I found stuff like that luckily, I have a crop top and you would think it's new, it's in perfect condition ahmagahplz.png and omg really? it must be like a treasure to have that dress even if you don't wear it. Lmao, that's interesting! I like shopping, it feels like I exercise a bit by walking around laugh.png laugh.png & yeah I feel like I like different things but work sometimes makes you lose creatitvity even though we don't have a dress code 

WERK.

How cool! You are a true Fashion Kween!

Loewe and Max Mara deepstareplz.png

I´m thinking of purchasing a Mulberry bag this year, a Bayswater. I´ve been in love with that bag since I was a Directioner back in the day. Louis Tomlinson´s girlfriend has several and that bag is a dream. And that´s the only designer thing I will have if I purchase it, lol.

But If someone cannot afford designer pieces (like me) there are so many options already to assemble so many looks from affordable clothing stores and rock it. I really like Nasty Gal and ASOS, for example. 

daily basis? my go to is probably a pair of nice denim jeans, a button-down blouse, and a killer pair of boots or heels. if i could shop outside my budget it would be miu miu and chanel every day. i'm a huge fan of minimalism so i like going for classic looks with pops of adventure. i'll typically have one big statement piece in the outfit and then leave everything else pretty basic since i like to focus attention on that one piece. 

i shop the most at h&m, yesstyle, asos, and zara 

Edited by idalso

We all hate overly worn pieces I think, unless you're extremely poor so I'd get it that you can't afford something better. But I found stuff like that luckily, I have a crop top and you would think it's new, it's in perfect condition ahmagahplz.png and omg really? it must be like a treasure to have that dress even if you don't wear it. Lmao, that's interesting! I like shopping, it feels like I exercise a bit by walking around laugh.png laugh.png & yeah I feel like I like different things but work sometimes makes you lose creatitvity even though we don't have a dress code 

OMG, I have some vintage pieces and a leather bag that I found on a thrift shop (or festival, I guess, it was an event) like 4 years ago. I wear them ocasionally and people think they´re new. You just gotta check real good and have a very critical eye, haha.

As for me, I don´t hate going out shoping but I don´t love it either. If it´s just purchasing a dress for an special ocasion or just one piece of clothing, I´m ok. But I don´t like buying a lot of clothes in one day because you gotta spend the entire day shopping, having lunch or whatever and then continue shopping. It´s exhausting. 

I prefer online shopping ahmagahplz.png

i love shopping, i'm always getting rid of old pieces in my closet so it's basically a cycling door. 

daily basis? my go to is probably a pair of nice denim jeans, a button-down blouse, and a killer pair of boots or heels. if i could shop outside my budget it would be miu miu and chanel every day. i'm a huge fan of minimalism so i like going for classic looks with pops of adventure. i'll typically have one big statement piece in the outfit and then leave everything else pretty basic since i like to focus attention on that one piece. 

i shop the most at h&m, yesstyle, asos, and zara 

Oh, ASOS is the best!

Nasty Gal is pretty cool as well.

I´ve never purchased in Yesstyle. Is it good? 

Oh, ASOS is the best!

Nasty Gal is pretty cool as well.

I´ve never purchased in Yesstyle. Is it good? 

yesstyle is one of those hit or miss sites. if you purchase something for 7 dollars expect something of 7 dollars quality. i haven't gotten scammed yet, and with those sites that's the most you can ask

i love shopping, i'm always getting rid of old pieces in my closet so it's basically a cycling door. 

That reminds me, I have to get rid of some stuff on my closet wthplz.png

OMG, I have some vintage pieces and a leather bag that I found on a thrift shop (or festival, I guess, it was an event) like 4 years ago. I wear them ocasionally and people think they´re new. You just gotta check real good and have a very critical eye, haha.

As for me, I don´t hate going out shoping but I don´t love it either. If it´s just purchasing a dress for an special ocasion or just one piece of clothing, I´m ok. But I don´t like buying a lot of clothes in one day because you gotta spend the entire day shopping, having lunch or whatever and then continue shopping. It´s exhausting. 

Ikr, my mom taught me well hahaha she used to give me tips, cuz here sometimes even new stuff are found faulty rip rlytearpls.png I wanted to buy a shirt the other day, it was new but it had a hole wthplz.png

I do like it, I would only spend the morning looking for stuff and then I'd go to lunch home n.n probably cuz my city isn't that big hehe never tried online shopping I'm afraid I might get something too small or too big

me. this is me. i'm always really stressed when shopping and interacting with personnel when you're feeling tense is so terrible. but some stores are different, they can be really fun beyond just spending money. i like going with my bf when he shops, he does it much more often than me and he has another kind of budget for it too so i can live vicariously through him but completely anxiety-free.

i've never tried yesstyle but wanted to many many times in the past. asos is amazing i used to buy so much from them when i was in my teens. h&m is the iiiiish, zara is great too but their silhouettes are trickier, i feel like i don't suit zara's styles as well.. 

Edited by katsu • curry • chips

WERK.

How cool! You are a true Fashion Kween!

Loewe and Max Mara deepstareplz.png

I´m thinking of purchasing a Mulberry bag this year, a Bayswater. I´ve been in love with that bag since I was a Directioner back in the day. Louis Tomlinson´s girlfriend has several and that bag is a dream. And that´s the only designer thing I will have if I purchase it, lol.

But If someone cannot afford designer pieces (like me) there are so many options already to assemble so many looks from affordable clothing stores and rock it. I really like Nasty Gal and ASOS, for example. 

ooooh the bayswater. i remember that bag, it was icONIC. girls at my school would literally sell their siblings for it back then. it's such a classic, friends of mine who have it still swear by it. good choice!

i've never tried yesstyle but wanted to many many times in the past. asos is amazing i used to buy so much from them when i was in my teens. h&m is the iiiiish, zara is great too but their silhouettes are trickier, i feel like i don't suit zara's styles as well.. 

yeah zara is very much geared towards trend of the moment sample size, it would be nice to see some diversity from them

anyone else absolutely GAGGED over this burberry coat? i'd sell a kidney for that

a7ccac12450182412fcbf52a8f663cb630542255