Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

The Official Fashion Thread

fashion

216 replies to this topic

Poll: 2019 Trends (22 member(s) have cast votes)

What's your favorite?

1. Animal Print (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

2. Neon (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. Dad Sneakers (6 votes [27.27%])

4. Tie Dye (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Crotchet (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

6. Bicycle Shorts (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Bucket Hats (4 votes [18.18%])

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

What's your least favorite?

1. Animal Print (6 votes [27.27%])

2. Neon (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

3. Dad Sneakers (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

4. Tie Dye (2 votes [9.09%])

Percentage of vote: 9.09%

5. Crotchet (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

6. Bicycle Shorts (6 votes [27.27%])

7. Bucket Hats (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 Lolly21

Lolly21

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts
  • LocationThe Room of Requirement

Posted 07 March 2019 - 10:10 AM (Edited by Lolly21, 07 March 2019 - 10:13 AM.)

I was just thinking the same and wondering if it’s too late to jump on the trend now hahaha

I bought a pair a few years back but they were too small and subsequently too slim = not comfy.

They can look so unsophisticated too, and sometimes they just look amazing. The way she’s wearing hers is perfectttttttt. There’s not quite as many as last year, but a few I’ve seen look subtle enough for my taste. :[

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember that Kylie Jenner has some OG looks with over-the-knee boots (her best era, she had amazing style back then):

KYLIE-JENNER-in-Shorts-and-Over-the-Knee

giphy.gif

112bcd6860913e9b0bf5b3ec1f7698a8.jpg

Kylie+Jenner+Kylie+Jenner+Runs+Errands+3

These are some of my fave looks from her. They are not too over the top but are still simple.

I really like those boots but I live in a country where the weather is tropical, so... These are a no no cause I will be dying of heat. 

#202 lovesojung

lovesojung

♡ ℓ օ ν є 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 ♡

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts
  • Location♡ ❀ ♡

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:38 AM (Edited by lovesojung, 07 March 2019 - 11:39 AM.)

over-the-knee boots tend to remind me of ariana grande these days...not that that’s a bad thing necessarily lol..she’s gorgeous...but the way she styles them is a little too child-like and simple for my taste. oversized sweatshirt + boots - pants isn’t a look i’m trying to rock most of the time

#203 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,866 posts
  • Location⋆ fᵤₗₗ ₜᵢₘₑ ₘᵢᵣₐCₗₑ⋆ ◌ ◡ ◌ ⋆

Posted 07 March 2019 - 11:40 AM

over-the-knee boots tend to remind me of ariana grande these days...not that that’s a bad thing necessarily lol..she’s gorgeous...but the way she styles them is a little too child-like and simple for my taste. oversized sweatshirt + boots - pants isn’t a look i’m trying to rock most of the time

yea... agree. unsure.png

#204 Lolly21

Lolly21

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:36 PM

Yeah, she wears it with the same things, like you said, with only sweaters. And a ponytail, which is very repetitive 0u0plz.png

I posted those Kylie Jenner looks because she rocked the boots with different things and I loved it. 

#205 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,866 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 12:46 PM (Edited by katsu • curry • chips, 07 March 2019 - 12:47 PM.)

Yeah, she wears it with the same things, like you said, with only sweaters. And a ponytail, which is very repetitive https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

I posted those Kylie Jenner looks because she rocked the boots with different things and I loved it. 

i like them paired like this too, like under several layers.  

_NIN0742.jpg

#206 tinhtrieuan

tinhtrieuan

Trainee

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationquan 12 hcm

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:43 AM

I 'LL STAY HERE, 

#207 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,866 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 10:07 AM

I 'LL STAY HERE,

Welcome :D

#208 xharuharux

xharuharux

空星☆

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts
  • Locationmy highlight brighter than your future, bittie

Posted 13 March 2019 - 05:34 PM

im really into bags and was wondering how y'all felt about these specific bags: 

Chanel Classic Flap

Lady Dior (mini) 

LV Alma BB 

currently im obsessssssed with the lady Dior cause im like low key obsessed with Princess Diana

I just want to see others opinions :)  

#209 Lolly21

Lolly21

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,785 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 07:00 PM

Chanel Classic Flap

Lady Dior (mini) 

LV Alma BB 

currently im obsessssssed with the lady Dior cause im like low key obsessed with Princess Diana

I just want to see others opinions https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

Hmm, they are cute for sure!

But they're not to my taste. I mean, the Chanel is an statement and it's a classic for sure, but I see so many replicas all the time so its appeal, to me, is low.

The Lady Dior Mini is the most unique in my opinion (and the one I like the most) whilst the LV one has the monogram on the bag itself and I don't like that.

Just my opinion. I'm very picky, lol. 

#210 lovesojung

lovesojung

♡ ℓ օ ν є 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓 ♡

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts
  • Location♡ ❀ ♡

Posted 13 March 2019 - 09:17 PM

Chanel Classic Flap
Lady Dior (mini)
LV Alma BB

I just want to see others opinions :)

i'm not a huge fan of the LV print tbh but i looooove chanel bags, especially the classic :) the lady dior is cute too but not really something i'd buy for myself hehe

#211 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,866 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:55 AM

Chanel Classic Flap

Lady Dior (mini) 

LV Alma BB 

I just want to see others opinions https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

honestly? i love them all three. it's all about how you carry them - some call them *basic* but truth is a classic is always dependent on how its carried and styled. there's a fine line between looking like an insta model and style dot com pfw photo op. 

that said there are variations of each i prefer. for ex if i'd go for the classic LV pattern i'd rather go with this season's dauphine

louis-vuitton-dauphine-mm-monogram-canva

but i love the alma without the pattern, i have one in dark blue and it's cool and minimalist. underrated i'd say. 

i'm biased but i do love the lady too. but i like the newer modern interpretations and i'm OBSESSED with the art collaborative collection:

1547117104_M0565UBLPX_M884_E01_GH.jpg

i think the one i like the least is the chanel classic flap. i've never been a big chanel girl tbh. it's mayhaps too twee for me even tho i like parts of their dna a lot. the flap bags i like the most are the quirkier ones. i detest the all black with gold detailing. always have. i'd honestly take the boy before the classic i think. 

#212 moving castle

moving castle

sweet as sugar poison

• PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:36 PM

I'm looking for a cute raincoat, so if you guys know any brands pls feel free to recommend me some

#213 katsu • curry • chips

katsu • curry • chips

𝕋𝕆𝕂𝕐𝕆 𝔾𝕀ℝ𝕃

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,866 posts

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:25 PM

I'm looking for a cute raincoat, so if you guys know any brands pls feel free to recommend me some

RAINS, STUTTERHEIM are good ones that are practical and fashionable right now.

#214 SJJD

SJJD

마마무 indie legends

• PipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts
  • Locationsoshi japan dorm

Posted 15 March 2019 - 04:35 PM

does anyone have any good recs for books on fashion? history of fashion, designers, etc?

#215 xharuharux

xharuharux

空星☆

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:01 AM

Hmm, they are cute for sure!

But they're not to my taste. I mean, the Chanel is an statement and it's a classic for sure, but I see so many replicas all the time so its appeal, to me, is low.

The Lady Dior Mini is the most unique in my opinion (and the one I like the most) whilst the LV one has the monogram on the bag itself and I don't like that.

Just my opinion. I'm very picky, lol. 

the Chanel classic flap is probably the next prized possession to a Hermes Birkin or Kelly. 

Really?? omg how can you tell apart the fakes? you have a good eye lol 

omg the Dior mini in a black and gold hardware urghhh and the so matte collection UGHHH. if only... 

what kind of bags do you like? I agree LV monogram can be tacky but there are a few pieces I love; Palm Springs mini <3.<3 

for the past 3 years I've been into mini bags. 

i'm not a huge fan of the LV print tbh but i looooove chanel bags, especially the classic https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... the lady dior is cute too but not really something i'd buy for myself hehe

I totally agree! the LV print is everywhere haha. Do you like caviar or lambskin ? im always torn between black or beige but classic is the way to go! 

#216 xharuharux

xharuharux

空星☆

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 01:08 AM

honestly? i love them all three. it's all about how you carry them - some call them *basic* but truth is a classic is always dependent on how its carried and styled. there's a fine line between looking like an insta model and style dot com pfw photo op. 

that said there are variations of each i prefer. for ex if i'd go for the classic LV pattern i'd rather go with this season's dauphine

https://eu.louisvuitton.com/images/is/im...

but i love the alma without the pattern, i have one in dark blue and it's cool and minimalist. underrated i'd say. 

i'm biased but i do love the lady too. but i like the newer modern interpretations and i'm OBSESSED with the art collaborative collection:

https://wwws.dior.com/couture/ecommerce/...

i think the one i like the least is the chanel classic flap. i've never been a big chanel girl tbh. it's mayhaps too twee for me even tho i like parts of their dna a lot. the flap bags i like the most are the quirkier ones. i detest the all black with gold detailing. always have. i'd honestly take the boy before the classic i think. 

omgggg girl, this seasons dauphine is so stunning. love the reversed pattern monogram especially in the MM, which is a shocker. 

but it seems like it will be pushed on social media buy annoying influencers, so ill just wait till the hype dies down to see how I really feel about it. Kinda reminds me of the satchel trend. 

May I ask you about the use of your alma and the wear and tear of the product?  I rarely use my Gucci marmot bag because im scared of ruining the leather :'( Thats why I love caviar products lol, can actually useeeee them without being fearful. 

cute lady Dior you chose <3.<3. I prefer the mini ones and love the pop of colours in previous seasons.

REALLY?!?!?. looool I love my black and gold bags, though my black on black bags are my most used. 

Whats your favourite colour combo? 

#217 moving castle

moving castle

sweet as sugar poison

• PipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 04:53 AM

RAINS, STUTTERHEIM are good ones that are practical and fashionable right now.

Thank you, they really have some nice raincoats! <3

Up, Up and Away!