Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baby Pickle

Fellow Muslim sisters do you get embarrassed when you get your periods during Ramadan?

Personally I get really embarrassed and I pretend like I'm fasting lol

Nope. I do tell people I’m having my period if they ask.

And I do eat at my house like a normal day.

no and it irks me when people ask me about it its none of their business

i just tell em im on my period tho

Females shouldn’t get embarrassed about getting period, period. Pun intended. It’s a normal for female to have periods.

Nope. I do tell people I’m having my period if they ask.

And I do eat at my house like a normal day.

no and it irks me when people ask me about it its none of their business

i just tell em im on my period tho

that's so cool

my mother said you are not supposed to tell anyone especially a male :(

Females shouldn’t get embarrassed about getting period, period. Pun intended. It’s a normal for female to have periods.

well they are like we all know periods exist but you shouldn't really talk about it

no0u0plz.png

i make sure everyone knows when i get my period , during ramadan or otherwise.

Nope. At my place we treat it like a normal thing. I eat and drink like i do normally and my brother and dad don't mind it and do not ask questions about it.

However when I was younger my grandma used to insist we hide and eat and I used to get embarrassed too. Also now when my extended family visits and there are men, I just refrain from eating and drinking cause i find that embarrassing.

that's so cool

my mother said you are not supposed to tell anyone especially a male :(

well they are like we all know periods exist but you shouldn't really talk about it

It's a weird cultural thing I think is specific to us. My friends from other cultures/countries just act normally. We're supposed to act like it doesn't exist. The one time I got caught eating in the storeroom my dad saw me, and just walked away bc obviously he knows.

My mum told me not to talk about it with male family members and when I asked her why she said she didn't know lmfao. It was just what she was taught by her mom.

Nope. At my place we treat it like a normal thing. I eat and drink like i do normally and my brother and dad don't mind it and do not ask questions about it.

However when I was younger my grandma used to insist we hide and eat and I used to get embarrassed too. Also now when my extended family visits and there are men, I just refrain from eating and drinking cause i find that embarrassing.

same 

It's a weird cultural thing I think is specific to us. My friends from other cultures/countries just act normally. We're supposed to act like it doesn't exist. The one time I got caught eating in the storeroom my dad saw me, and just walked away bc obviously he knows.

My mum told me not to talk about it with male family members and when I asked her why she said she didn't know lmfao. It was just what she was taught by her mom.

yeah maybe it's only in our culture 

yeah maybe it's only in our culture

Where are you guys come from?

Where are you guys come from?

pakistan

Yes, I don't feel comfortable eating in front of people tbh. It's kinda awkward and I don't eat infront of people except my mom. Although it's completely normal.

Yes, I don't feel comfortable eating in front of people tbh. It's kinda awkward and I don't eat infront of people except my mom. Although it's completely normal.

same

i know what you mean lmao my mom makes me eat food in private but i personally don't care it's none of their business anyway it's not like people don't know what a period is smh

im sorry i just don't understand other cultures that tell women to be ashamed of something natural, something we can't help. awful.