Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  

[Tencent] Produce Camp 2019 (P101 S2) Thread

Tencent's song game is weak AF, nothing has changed.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Tencent's song game is weak AF, nothing has changed.

EXACTLY....with all the money they have, how is there no improvement at all? It's almost as if they took a bunch of really talented kids and made them seem less talented. That's why the only performances of Tencent's I'll ever rewatch are probably the audition performances.

Well at least you remember Meiqi's team performance. I don't even remember what her team looked like performing lol. I do remember the vocalists team though (Kimberley, Ziting, Lucia).

Same. Literally the only S1 performance that I can remember 100% clearly is the triple As performance but it wasn’t even in the first battles but in the auditions. Idk so far i’m liking S2 more. I’ve only watched ep 1 so far but the level (especially in the dancers) is crazy this year.

Just finished the ranking evaluation part. I haven't looked up any of the contestants before the show because I like to base my picks on first impression and then add more as the shows goes on. 

Just like the general public taste two contestants caught my attention so far Zhou Zhennan and He Luo Luo. I'm quite sure that Zhennan will be my absolute fav from this show. His charisma on stage is quite something! He Luo Luo is super cute and I like that his voice kind of doesn't match his visual lol. I need to see more of him performing to be sure though.

Other contestants that I'm keeping an eye on but aren't sure if they'll be staying on my list are Niu Chao (her reminds me of Deng Chao both his hair and face haha), Wang Chenyi, Wu Jifeng, Zhang Yanqi and Yu Haoran. 

I'm surprised to see some of the X-nine members on the show but funny thing is that none of them are my favorites from the group. I actually only like Xiao Zhan but other members that I like are Gu + Wu Jia Cheng and Wu Jifan..none of them are participating. Although Xiao Zhan is so popular that I'm 100% sure that he would be guaranteed a spot in the final lineup so it's for the better. 

Also I was searching through my memory for the longest time before I figured out why the guy in the pink shirt, Dai Jingyao looked so familiar. They kept showing his face and I finally remembered, Simba from Cannot Hug You. 

I don't know what to say about the oldies...it's true like what Aaron said that there is no age limit for how old you have to be to be in an idol group but still their age.. I'm thinking about all the different concepts/styles they'll have to handle. If they would ever had to do cute/fresh/å°‘å¹´ concepts..can they really adapt? Sure Zhang Yuan deserves a chance just like everyone else and he absolutely is a good vocalist but tbh I don't think he is suitable...not Xueyang either. I also don't think that they'll make it in the end..I'm not familiar with Top Combine maybe they have lots of fans that'll vote for them but I doubt that the general public thinks the same. Let's see what happens. I'm sad that Feitong didn't make it but tbh he didn't shine in that performance. 

Oh well going to finish eps 2 and watch eps 3 now. 

Edit: Lmao, Alec sure looks happy as the mentor of F class.

Ma Xueyang actually blends well with the younger guys. If I didn’t know his age I’d guess him in his mid 20s. No idea about the other guy (is he a top combine member too?) because I haven’t watched ep 2 yet. But in general I agree with you. Idols are supposed to be fresh young people so unless this group aims towards a more mature image/concept, 32-33 y/o is pretty old. Also imagine if they end in the group with the likes of Zhennan and Luoluo that are almost half their age. It’s kinda awkward lol.

Well, like I said, most of it had to do with the songs. They weren't that impactful...at least, QCYN's first performances had some decent songs...but I feel like a lot of the songs were just not really good choices. Songs like Treasure and Lesion were alright, but idk...a lot just weren't my cup of tea I guess. Personally the girls' performances I actually still remember pretty well. Grandpa's Tea, Alien, Sugar, and Red High Heels were some of my favorites. 

The tea one I remember the performance now (Dongyue was the center I think?) but I didn't really like the song. The red high heels one I agree it was pretty good. That definitely was one of the few memorable performances to me along with triple As audition.

But in general I agree with the users saying that iQiyi is way better at choosing/remixing the songs. In QCYN for example they turned that silly tarzan meme into a bop lol.

Overall, I really like the idea of having the two teams performing the same song but with different concepts/vibes. Also, I loved how some of the teams that performed first did a transition sequence before the other team's performances. Usually, I really enjoy listening to remixes and rearrangements but I think the trainees were better off performing the original version of the songs. 

There was also a disparity of members for some of the competing teams, like for there were 8 members in one team but their opponent had 4 or 5. what was that about?

Performance wise most of them were pretty good but I agree that song choices aren't the best. The only song that I like is Lesion but I thought the song title was Bingbian/ç—…å˜ so I had no idea it was that song until I heard them sing it. I also think it has something to do with the stage settings and its setup. QCYN have props and stage effects that makes the performances look good and more appealing (despite the weird editing/light). 

Other than that I think the format with two teams performing the same song but different versions is interesting. The thing is though that they aren't always equally good so the team who gets a better version + better choreo have an upperhand. Also like ^ mentioned above I don't understand how they divided the teams..why did some teams have twice as many members? That also affects the performance and how it's perceived. 

In eps three I got to know the contestants a little bit more and I'm surprised that Zhennan seems quite mature for his age. The way he thinks is mature but his lack of experience made him handling the situation with his team a bit wrong (you can say a bit immaturely especially when he just walked away). I find him really intersting and likes him even more now so he is my set favorite. 

After eps three:

Zhennan

--

Luoluo

--

Chenyi

Jifeng

Yaochen

Niu Chao

Xinyi (Forgot to add him)

Yanqi

Dropped Yu Haoran and added Yao Chen instead. 

Ma Xueyang actually blends well with the younger guys. If I didn’t know his age I’d guess him in his mid 20s. No idea about the other guy (is he a top combine member too?) because I haven’t watched ep 2 yet. But in general I agree with you. Idols are supposed to be fresh young people so unless this group aims towards a more mature image/concept, 32-33 y/o is pretty old. Also imagine if they end in the group with the likes of Zhennan and Luoluo that are almost half their age. It’s kinda awkward lol.

Yes, Xueyang and Zhang Yuan are both from Top Combine. 

Look wise I guess they can pass if they get the right make up and styling. That's why Xueyang looks like he blends well. Although it's noticeable that they're older when you see how they act on the show. I don't know if they can adapt if it's a concept that is a mismatch with their age and their experience. I bet that it'll show. 

I would prefer to not have them in the final line up but maybe they can refresh their career through the show. 

Edited by HoneyJN

Performance wise most of them were pretty good but I agree that song choices aren't the best. The only song that I like is Lesion but I thought the song title was Bingbian/ç—…å˜ so I had no idea it was that song until I heard them sing it. I also think it has something to do with the stage settings and its setup. QCYN have props and stage effects that makes the performances look good and more appealing (despite the weird editing/light). 

Other than that I think the format with two teams performing the same song but different versions is interesting. The thing is though that they aren't always equally good so the team who gets a better version + better choreo have an upperhand. Also like ^ mentioned above I don't understand how they divided the teams..why did some teams have twice as many members? That also affects the performance and how it's perceived. 

In eps three I got to know the contestants a little bit more and I'm surprised that Zhennan seems quite mature for his age. The way he thinks is mature but his lack of experience made him handling the situation with his team a bit wrong (you can say a bit immaturely especially when he just walked away). I find him really intersting and likes him even more now so he is my set favorite. 

After eps three:

Zhennan

--

Luoluo

--

Chenyi

Jifeng

Yaochen

Niu Chao

Yanqi

Yes, Xueyang and Zhang Yuan are both from Top Combine. 

Look wise I guess they can pass if they get the right make up and styling. That's why Xueyang looks like he blends well. Although it's noticeable that they're older when you see how they act on the show. I don't know if they can adapt if it's a concept that is a mismatch with their age and their experience. I bet that it'll show. 

I would prefer to not have them in the final line up but maybe they can refresh their career through the show. 

Random but do these 2 appear more in ep 2 and 3? Because I don't remember them at all in ep 1. I don't even know which company are they from. I've seen a few people already mentioning them in their ideal line up.

Re: Xueyang and Zhang Yuan. I agree that putting 2 guys in almost their mid 30s with young boys in their teens/early 20s would be really odd. Like I said, idols are supposed to have a fresh/youthful concept so they'd look totally out of place with their experience and behavior. And even look wise they can pass for mid 20s at the youngest but if you see them next to contestants in their teens or even early 20s they look considerably older. But yeah, they can use this opportunity to get exposure and refresh their career. China doesn't seem to care that much about age as Korea (where you rarely see any mainstream artist past 35).

Edited by Gilraen92

After eps three:

Zhennan

--

Luoluo

--

Chenyi

Jifeng

Yaochen

Niu Chao

Yanqi

He is almost on the cusp of being eliminated though... 

For anyone who knows Top Combine (I'm only slightly familiar with them), did Xiao Wu complete his military service in Korea? I know another member left and there's like zero chance of them reuniting.

Yao Chen is the JYP guy? Weird that he's gonna be eliminated so soon. But then again, this is not Korea where company stans would keep him afloat. Plus he doesn't seem to get a lot of screentime in the first place idk.

Yao Chen is the JYP guy? Weird that he's gonna be eliminated so soon. But then again, this is not Korea where company stans would keep him afloat. Plus he doesn't seem to get a lot of screentime in the first place idk.

He got good screen time in ep3, I think he'll be fine. Might even get a lot of CP fans who will ship him with Zhou Zhennan, they're besties who trained together. Their friendship is really endearing.

He got good screen time in ep3, I think he'll be fine. Might even get a lot of CP fans who will ship him with Zhou Zhennan, they're besties who trained together. Their friendship is really endearing.

Oh really? I had no idea that they trained together :o Now I’m interested in seeing their friendship.

He was at 59 and voting ends today for top 54....so it might be hard..

He was at 59 and voting ends today for top 54....so it might be hard..

So it’s top 54? It’s usually top 60. When it’s eliminations, next week?

For anyone who knows Top Combine (I'm only slightly familiar with them), did Xiao Wu complete his military service in Korea? I know another member left and there's like zero chance of them reuniting.

Yes, he even came to Day Day Up's anniversary last year.

He was shown in the audience.

Is Zhennan one of the yongest or the yongest becaus in the episode i don't really see him calling the other contastens gege

Only the ones he is allredy close with 

Also i cant finde the show on Wikipedia do anybody know why??

sry for my englisch not my languageunsure.png

I started watching ep 2 and now I get why Niu Chao is in many people’s top 11. He has such great presence and he’s a good dancer. He definitely deserved the A over Zhiguang.

Why there was so many contestants doing stuff that doesn’t have anything to do with being an idol tho? Like playing the violin, the opera stuff, etc lol

I just realized that if Zhennan keeps his no.1 spot throughout the show like an already fixed member like Xukun. Wenhan etc He would be the first ever to be my actual favorite. I've seen all of the survival shows so far both Chinese and Korean but I've never had the no.1 as my first pick..some of them weren't even on my list.

Random but do these 2 appear more in ep 2 and 3? Because I don't remember them at all in ep 1. I don't even know which company are they from. I've seen a few people already mentioning them in their ideal line up.

Re: Xueyang and Zhang Yuan. I agree that putting 2 guys in almost their mid 30s with young boys in their teens/early 20s would be really odd. Like I said, idols are supposed to have a fresh/youthful concept so they'd look totally out of place with their experience and behavior. And even look wise they can pass for mid 20s at the youngest but if you see them next to contestants in their teens or even early 20s they look considerably older. But yeah, they can use this opportunity to get exposure and refresh their career. China doesn't seem to care that much about age as Korea (where you rarely see any mainstream artist past 35).

They do get a decent amount of screen time during eps 2 and 3. You will know who they are after watching eps 2. 

Wu Jifeng is from the same company as Luoluo and they look quite similar too and Niu Chao has a character that stands out you can say. 

I agree. Youthfullness is something that is very hard to "emit" once you get older no matter how young you look so they don't fit in with that age gap. Tbh there is already a gap between Peng Chuyue and the really young contestants and he is only in his mid 20's. (He looks old though...I thought he was the oldest in X-nine when first getting to know X-nine. Xiao Zhan on the other hand looks younger than he is.)

If they get their popularity up during the show they can definitely have a singing career as soloists or even duo, I mean they are great performers both of them. 

Yeah, I know but if he manages to get past this elimination he will definitely rise. 

Edited by HoneyJN

Is Zhennan one of the yongest or the yongest becaus in the episode i don't really see him calling the other contastens gege

Only the ones he is allredy close with 

Also i cant finde the show on Wikipedia do anybody know why??

sry for my englisch not my languageunsure.png

He's among the youngest, there might be 4 or 5 a little younger than him. 

Only found Wiki Chinese ver https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%89%B5%E9%80%A0%E7%87%9F2019

China's not strict about age hierarchy so there's no need for anyone to call someone older gege or jiejie unless you feel like it. You can simply call them by their name or if you are close enough with them even by their abbreviated nickname like Nannan for Zhou Zhennan or Guanguang for Xia Zhiguang.

I just realized that if Zhennan keeps his no.1 spot throughout the show like an already fixed member like Xukun. Wenhan etc He would be the first ever to be my actual favorite. I've seen all of the survival shows so far both Chinese and Korean but I've never had the no.1 as my first pick..some of them weren't even on my list.

They do get a decent amount of screen time during eps 2 and 3. You will know who they are after watching eps 2.

Wu Jifeng is from the same company as Luoluo and they look quite similar too and Niu Chao has a character that stands out you can say.

I agree. Youthfullness is something that is very hard to "emit" once you get older no matter how young you look so they don't fit in with that age gap. Tbh there is already a gap between Peng Chuyue and the really young contestants and he is only in his mid 20's. (He looks old though...I thought he was the oldest in X-nine when first getting to know X-nine. Xiao Zhan on the other hand looks younger than he is.)

If they get their popularity up during the show they can definitely have a singing career as soloists or even duo, I mean they are great performers both of them.

Precisely, one of the moments where you can tell Peng Chuyue is older was when Zhiguang protested and said he wanted to go with him at F class and Chuyue stopped him from keep throwing a hissy fit in front of the mentors. You could tell Zhiguang is only a teen because of his immaturity while Chuyue acted calm and collected despite getting F. I agree he looks older though. Afaik he’s only like 25? But at first I thought he was around 27-28. His attitude is very mature too.

Edited by Gilraen92

Only found Wiki Chinese ver https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/創造營2019

China's not strict about age hierarchy so there's no need for anyone to call someone older gege or jiejie unless you feel like it. You can simply call them by their name or if you are close enough with them even by their abbreviated nickname like Nannan for Zhou Zhennan or Guanguang for Xia Zhiguang.

lol that reminds me how Chunyang by the end of QCYN called Wenhan just by his name. It was really cute.

• Like 1

Only found Wiki Chinese ver https://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%89%B5%E9%80%A0%E7%87%9F2019

Thank you so muchlaugh.png

I really hope Yoa Chen is not gona be eliminated he is so talentat and nicerlytearpls.png