Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  

[Tencent] Produce Camp 2019 (P101 S2) Thread

So I finally finished ep 1 and my favorites so far were the dance group, SDT and WJJW. The level this year is crazy, waaay better than S1. The dancing in particular is super strong. I was really impressed at how many awesome dancers like Weng Chenyi, Liu Ye, Zhao Rang from SDT or most of the WJJW trainees. So many good vocals too. That guy in green (Li Yinrui?) is probably my favorite vocal so far.

I found so touching when one of the X-Nine guys wanted to go to F with one of his members even if that meant renouncing to his A grade. The mentors were super pissed lmao, but it really showed their strong bond :/

So I finally finished ep 1 and my favorites so far were the dance group, SDT and WJJW. The level this year is crazy, waaay better than S1. The dancing in particular is super strong. I was really impressed at how many awesome dancers like Weng Chenyi, Liu Ye, Zhao Rang from SDT or most of the WJJW trainees. So many good vocals too. That guy in green (Li Yinrui?) is probably my favorite vocal so far.

I found so touching when one of the X-Nine guys wanted to go to F with one of his members even if that meant renouncing to his A grade. The mentors were super pissed lmao, but it really showed their strong bond :/

This must be a neat freak's nightmare

D4GeB3tUUAAeBuu.jpg

GOD!!! They are filming in my bedroom and I didn't notice LOLOLOL

This must be a neat freak's nightmare

D4GeB3tUUAAeBuu.jpg

GOD!!! They are filming in my bedroom and I didn't notice LOLOLOL

When your survival show worlds collide...He Luoluo from Produce Camp, Chen Tao from QCYN and Ling Chao from Idol Producer all got accepted into Shanghai Theatre Academy

He Luoluo placed #1 in Zhejiang, #20 in the country

Chen Tao placed #5 in Shanghai, #10 in the country

Ling Chao placed #1 in Hebei, #39 in the country

D4bj2tEUYAAL5S1.jpg

They'll be classmates if they all choose to attend the same school, don't know how many other film schools they applied for, but I'm anticipating this new generation of actors. I feel like a proud mom watching them grow through these survival shows, they're so young, but already have such bright futures. 

Is He Luoluo supposed to take his college entrance exams while he's on Produce Camp though???

On witch Chinese Webside can I watch the show and when is the 3 Episode out??

I love Zhennan in this show but the trailar for Ep 3 is scaryunsure.png

n witch Chinese Webside can I watch the show and when is the 3 Episode out??

showing some love for lu si heng

what a cutie! he's such a good dancer!

he was on xfire with predebut xnine.  he's on produce camp with 4 members of xnine again now.

I love his cover of Usher's Bump with Xnine Chen Zexi

he was on xfire with predebut xnine.  he's on produce camp with 4 members of xnine again now.

Produce Camp

the boys only had 24 hours to learn the song

Produce

On witch Chinese Webside can I watch the show and when is the 3 Episode out??

Link for ep 3 above, there's a channel that also live streams it on Youtube the following day.....it might be tears of happiness, because I saw a bts video and it seems like his team was the one that moved into the A room, which is the the nicer dorm room for 8 people

Edited by waycrispy1
  • Like 1

HUGE RANT AHEAD:

Can the Produce Camp team please hire a new group of people to remake their songs? I'm reminded of why I only really liked 2 performances from PD101 China girl version. I mean they literally turned one of my favorite songs All About You into shit.

When I was watching the Lesion team I kept thinking where do I know this song from? it sounds so strange, but I know this song, took me until the end of the performance to realize what song it was. Then I scoured Youtube to find the original to cleanse my ears. 

I mean, how can you turn this song

into a dance synth track???

Basically every other song after that had the same dance synth vibe. There is always something so off about their songs, it's driving me crazy.

After ep 3 I stand by what I said regarding Tencent's auditions (first 2 episodes) >>>> any other survival show, but I'm going to bow down to iQiyi's song remixers or whatever they are called. They can turn any whack song, many of which I thought wtf are they thinking before seeing it being performed, into something bearable. Just watching the same exact songs being performed on both QCYN and AFO (Turn Up and Spirit of the Knight) you can tell how much better the songs sound on QCYN. Tencent basically ruins songs and makes you appreciate the original much more.

Edited by waycrispy1
  • Like 1

The thread is finally working but it’s such a mess with all those repeated posts lol

Is ep 2 subbed already? I want to keep watching because I loved ep 1 but I don’t find ep 2 subbed anywhere.

Produce

Siheng was actually my favorite from the dance team. He’s so so cute and such an awesome dancer.

Ep3 to come to youtube tmrw

Hm...honestly, I wasn't super wowed by these performances. I feel like the girls had more memorable first performances 

Maybe it had (a lot) to do with the song choices :/ 

Wasn't really a fan of most of them. 

Anyways, Li Xinyi is still down at 18...wish he rise up some more :'( 

He Junxiong still around the same as last time...

I really get the feeling that Tencent is trying to push Wu Jifeng (or maybe ETM paid a lot of money) 

Feel like he's been getting decent screen time. 

Anyways, my favorite performance was probably from the Lesion teams. 

Edited by onesnowyday

Ep3 to come to youtube tmrw

Hm...honestly, I wasn't super wowed by these performances. I feel like the girls had more memorable first performances 

Maybe it had (a lot) to do with the song choices :/ 

Wasn't really a fan of most of them. 

Anyways, Li Xinyi is still down at 18...wish he rise up some more :'( 

He Junxiong still around the same as last time...

I really get the feeling that Tencent is trying to push Wu Jifeng (or maybe ETM paid a lot of money) 

Feel like he's been getting decent screen time. 

Anyways, my favorite performance was probably from the Lesion teams.

Really? I haven’t watched the performances yet, but I saw a few clips in twitter and they looked pretty good and energetic to me, not particularly worse that the girls performances. In fact I barely remember the girls first performances except Meiqi’s team but then again I watched it a long time ago and never re-watched again so...

Just when I thought Zhao Zhenghao would be the most awkward doing this

Along comes Yu Haoran...I can't stop watching this, he is so adorably awkward

So anyway, Zhao Zhenghao got a lot of focus in the 2nd episode, he totally got a Nongnong (IP) edit at the beginning of the episode and then a Yang Chaoyue (PS101 China) edit towards the end. Do you think he's going to make the final lineup?

Edited by waycrispy1
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Just finished the ranking evaluation part. I haven't looked up any of the contestants before the show because I like to base my picks on first impression and then add more as the shows goes on. 

Just like the general public taste two contestants caught my attention so far Zhou Zhennan and He Luo Luo. I'm quite sure that Zhennan will be my absolute fav from this show. His charisma on stage is quite something! He Luo Luo is super cute and I like that his voice kind of doesn't match his visual lol. I need to see more of him performing to be sure though.

Other contestants that I'm keeping an eye on but aren't sure if they'll be staying on my list are Niu Chao (her reminds me of Deng Chao both his hair and face haha), Wang Chenyi, Wu Jifeng, Zhang Yanqi and Yu Haoran. 

I'm surprised to see some of the X-nine members on the show but funny thing is that none of them are my favorites from the group. I actually only like Xiao Zhan but other members that I like are Gu + Wu Jia Cheng and Wu Jifan..none of them are participating. Although Xiao Zhan is so popular that I'm 100% sure that he would be guaranteed a spot in the final lineup so it's for the better. 

Also I was searching through my memory for the longest time before I figured out why the guy in the pink shirt, Dai Jingyao looked so familiar. They kept showing his face and I finally remembered, Simba from Cannot Hug You. 

I don't know what to say about the oldies...it's true like what Aaron said that there is no age limit for how old you have to be to be in an idol group but still their age.. I'm thinking about all the different concepts/styles they'll have to handle. If they would ever had to do cute/fresh/å°‘å¹´ concepts..can they really adapt? Sure Zhang Yuan deserves a chance just like everyone else and he absolutely is a good vocalist but tbh I don't think he is suitable...not Xueyang either. I also don't think that they'll make it in the end..I'm not familiar with Top Combine maybe they have lots of fans that'll vote for them but I doubt that the general public thinks the same. Let's see what happens. I'm sad that Feitong didn't make it but tbh he didn't shine in that performance. 

Oh well going to finish eps 2 and watch eps 3 now. 

Edit: Lmao, Alec sure looks happy as the mentor of F class.

Edited by HoneyJN

Really? I haven’t watched the performances yet, but I saw a few clips in twitter and they looked pretty good and energetic to me, not particularly worse that the girls performances. In fact I barely remember the girls first performances except Meiqi’s team but then again I watched it a long time ago and never re-watched again so...

Well at least you remember Meiqi's team performance. I don't even remember what her team looked like performing lol. I do remember the vocalists team though (Kimberley, Ziting, Lucia).

• Like 1

Well, like I said, most of it had to do with the songs. They weren't that impactful...at least, QCYN's first performances had some decent songs...but I feel like a lot of the songs were just not really good choices. Songs like Treasure and Lesion were alright, but idk...a lot just weren't my cup of tea I guess. Personally the girls' performances I actually still remember pretty well. Grandpa's Tea, Alien, Sugar, and Red High Heels were some of my favorites. 

Edited by onesnowyday