Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  

[Tencent] Produce Camp 2019 (P101 S2) Thread

Tencent is especially anal about it. It was the same for season 1.

Oh My God, the Baby group was sooooo adorable, I just want to adopt them all, especially He Luoluo and his stupid winks. I had a smile on my face the entire time watching them, but it's so weird listening to a Justin Bieber song in Chinese.

The battles were so much better than the girl version, because instead of having nobodies fighting for the 11 A spots, all the newcomers were previous idols. It was both sad and dramatic. Even though none of the trainees had to get kicked out in the audition stage, seeing the newcomers leave, because they didn't get an A is super sad too.

I dunno, I feel like I'm going to like the audition episodes way more than the rest of the show like I did with the girl version. 

These Chinese platforms are seriously coming down hard on reuploaded videos on Youtube. I don't know why they can't upload it on their own channel and then open it up to subs like a lot of dramas. 

Tencent is uploading it onto youtube now (and hopefully they don't take it down again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuklMFifXo

Ep 2 to come out tomorrow

Don't know if they'll allow subs, but at least we can watch it on Youtube now

Edited by onesnowyday

The Produce Camp trainees have started trending on weibo since episode 2 (after episode 1 it was all about the mentors), and trending high too.

Top Combine's Zhang Yuan (one of the 4 hidden trainees that challenged for A and made it):

---

Oh btw, Liu Ye now has more weibo followers than UNINE members except for Li Wenhan. The competition for boy groups by the time Produce Camp is over is gonna be intense!

They have these daily short (10 -15mins) videos of various trainees doing challenges. WIsh they had this for season one. 

Not sure if it's going to get subbed, but it's still quite entertaining

Tencent is uploading it onto youtube now (and hopefully they don't take it down again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuklMFifXo

Ep 2 to come out tomorrow

Don't know if they'll allow subs, but at least we can watch it on Youtube now

Ugh no subs yet? At least the episodes are complete. I guess I’ll watch it without subs then lmao.

The Produce Camp trainees have started trending on weibo since episode 2 (after episode 1 it was all about the mentors), and trending high too.

Top Combine's Zhang Yuan (one of the 4 hidden trainees that challenged for A and made it):

---

Oh btw, Liu Ye now has more weibo followers than UNINE members except for Li Wenhan. The competition for boy groups by the time Produce Camp is over is gonna be intense!

Omg really? I was expecting PC to be bigger than QCYN because it's Tencent and because it has more famous mentors, contestants from already popular-ish groups like X-Nine, etc but I didn't expect them to trend so soon.

Wow @ that contestant in his 30s tho. A 33 y/o could never debut as a kpop idol omg.

Ugh no subs yet? At least the episodes are complete. I guess I’ll watch it without subs then lmao.

It's already posted on Google Drive and they just added it to Facebook

Edited by waycrispy1
  • Like 1

so since the first evaluations are over now, anyone have a list of their top favorites yet? 

For me, so far it's 

1. Li Xinyi

2. He Junxiong

3. Lin Zijie

4. Yan Xujia

5. He Luoluo 

I started wstching Produce Camp today and Liu Ye has been catching my attention a lot in these 2 episodes. I liked his battle dance and how he totally went for it, it contradicts so much to how he seems off stage. Like how he speaks and idk moves and all is really elegant and gentle if I see how he talks to his members in those short scenes. It also surprised me that he was in the same group as Xukun. I remembered searching SWIN up and reading their profiles, there was one guy who shared the same birthday as me and lol it turned out to be Liu Ye. So Im totally totally rooting for Liu Ye!^^

Tbh I didnt expect that much of Produce Camp after QCYN turned out to be quite lacklustre for me, but Im really enjoying it a lot. I really love all those vocals, it seems that I will have a lot of voice crushes these upcoming weeks. Im having high hopes for the rest of the season.

And psst that Ren Hao guy is really really eyecandy, I totally get why they say he looks like Yangyang ohmy. And when one of those guys mentioned that there was a member of Baby performance who looked like Zhang Han when he smiles, I could not unsee it anymore.

Btw does anyone know if Zhou Zhennan and Zhou Yanchen are related? I cant stop thinking that they look really similar and the surnames match...

Edited by Lingie

Weekly Weibo Star Power Chart (Produce Camp subcategory):

1. Zhou Zhennan

2. Xia Zhiguang (X-NINE)

3. He Luoluo (Yi'an Music Club)

4. Liu Ye (SWIN-S)

5. Zhao Lei (X-NINE)

6. Dai Jingyao

7. Peng Chuyue (X-NINE)

8. Zhai Xiaowen

9. Lu Siheng

10. Yan Xujia (X-NINE)

11. Zhang Yanqi

The rest: https://topstar.h5.weibo.cn/rank?rType=17

Top Combine's Zhang Yuan has joined the top 3 starting yesterday.

Their current number of weibo followers:

1. Zhou Zhennan - 4.72 million

2. Xia Zhiguang - 2.29 million

3. He Luoluo - 1.13 million

4. Liu Ye - 3.92 million

5. Zhao Lei - 2.09 million

6. Dai Jingyao - 4.3 million

7. Peng Chuyue - 2.32 million

8. Zhai Xiaowen - 149k

9. Lu Siheng - 898k

10. Yan Xujia - 1.34 million

11. Zhang Yanqi - 129k

My eyes went bonkers seeing how many weibo followers they have (especially Zhennan, Dai Jingyao and Liu Ye), and then there's Xiaowen (who auditioned with Zhennan and X-NINE members) and Yanqi (the quick-witted, self-degrading dark horse) laugh.png

And I think Ren Hao and Zhang Yuan will be one of the early favourites in the early rankings.

• Like 1

Weekly Weibo Star Power Chart (Produce Camp subcategory):

1. Zhou Zhennan

2. Xia Zhiguang (X-NINE)

3. He Luoluo (Yi'an Music Club)

4. Liu Ye (SWIN-S)

5. Zhao Lei (X-NINE)

6. Dai Jingyao

7. Peng Chuyue (X-NINE)

8. Zhai Xiaowen

9. Lu Siheng

10. Yan Xujia (X-NINE)

11. Zhang Yanqi

The rest: https://topstar.h5.weibo.cn/rank?rType=17

Top Combine's Zhang Yuan has joined the top 3 starting yesterday.

Their current number of weibo followers:

1. Zhou Zhennan - 4.72 million

2. Xia Zhiguang - 2.29 million

3. He Luoluo - 1.13 million

4. Liu Ye - 3.92 million

5. Zhao Lei - 2.09 million

6. Dai Jingyao - 4.3 million

7. Peng Chuyue - 2.32 million

8. Zhai Xiaowen - 149k

9. Lu Siheng - 898k

10. Yan Xujia - 1.34 million

11. Zhang Yanqi - 129k

My eyes went bonkers seeing how many weibo followers they have (especially Zhennan, Dai Jingyao and Liu Ye), and then there's Xiaowen (who auditioned with Zhennan and X-NINE members) and Yanqi (the quick-witted, self-degrading dark horse) :lol:

And I think Ren Hao and Zhang Yuan will be one of the early favourites in the early rankings.

Wow @ Zhennan with nearly 5M of followers. I wonder how high the votes will be during the eliminations episodes

Wow @ Zhennan with nearly 5M of followers. I wonder how high the votes will be during the eliminations episodes

And since it's Tencent they'd probably keep it at 11 per day or max 121 per account per day, just like last year just to mess with iqiyi lol.

And since it's Tencent they'd probably keep it at 11 per day or max 121 per account per day, just like last year just to mess with iqiyi lol.

The votes in pd101 China S1 were like astronomical, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the same stuff this year.

The votes in pd101 China S1 were like astronomical, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the same stuff this year.

Just as long as that's all they do and not like, manipulate the votes big time like they did last year. Or else idol groups from survival shows are gonna face the same 'ban' again.

So I started to watch ep 1 subbed and it's surprisingly VERY entertaining? I really liked the beginning when they enter the "camp" and get the 3 surprises (uniforms, family/managers and bags) and then go to the dorms. Can't believe they're really sleeping in those lame bunk beds tho lmao.

I also find the system refreshing? I get that demoting to F to the ones that chose A but didn't get A in the mentor evaluation is kinda cruel but pretty original compared to the usual produce system. I didn't understand the age order thing tho. So they enter according to age order or company? Because it seemed like both, but not all the trainees from a same company are the same age so ?? The last one to enter was a 26 y/o guy, so considering there's a 32-33 there shouldn't he be the last one to enter then?

The mentors were all gorgeous in their 20s? o_o But even now in their 40s (?) they look great tbh.

Edited by Gilraen92

So I started to watch ep 1 subbed and it's surprisingly VERY entertaining? I really liked the beginning when they enter the "camp" and get the 3 surprises (uniforms, family/managers and bags) and then go to the dorms. Can't believe they're really sleeping in those lame bunk beds tho lmao.

I also find the system refreshing? I get that demoting to F to the ones that chose A but didn't get A in the mentor evaluation is kinda cruel but pretty original compared to the usual produce system. I didn't understand the age order thing tho. So they enter according to age order or company? Because it seemed like both, but not all the trainees from a same company are the same age so ?? The last one to enter was a 26 y/o guy, so considering there's a 32-33 there shouldn't he be the last one to enter then?

The mentors were all gorgeous in their 20s? o_o But even now in their 40s (?) they look great tbh.

The way they came out is average age, and a lot of them like the dance team are all from different companies. I think they had a few days to come up with a performance together, but surprisingly they looked better as a team than some of the trainees from the same company. 

The last mentor that came out is actually 54 yrs old.

Did you watch PD101 China with the girls? In that one after everyone auditioned they brought in a few girls who wanted to try being in a girl group, but had no training whatsoever and if they win a battle with an A, one of the lower contestants would get kicked off the show. In ep2 of this one, they bring in ex-idols including Casper's former groupmate from Cross Gene and Yang Feitong from Idol Producer. They also have to battle an A, and if they get an A, they can stay, but if they don't they have to leave. It gets more intense.

I still prefer the way iQiyi films their day to day activities, remixes their songs and do the stages in general, but PD101 China and Produce Camp does have a more entertaining audition process.

The way they came out is average age, and a lot of them like the dance team are all from different companies. I think they had a few days to come up with a performance together, but surprisingly they looked better as a team than some of the trainees from the same company. 

The last mentor that came out is actually 54 yrs old.

Did you watch PD101 China with the girls? In that one after everyone auditioned they brought in a few girls who wanted to try being in a girl group, but had no training whatsoever and if they win a battle with an A, one of the lower contestants would get kicked off the show. In ep2 of this one, they bring in ex-idols including Casper's former groupmate from Cross Gene and Yang Feitong from Idol Producer. They also have to battle an A, and if they get an A, they can stay, but if they don't they have to leave. It gets more intense.

I still prefer the way iQiyi films their day to day activities, remixes their songs and do the stages in general, but PD101 China and Produce Camp does have a more entertaining audition process.

So they calculate the average age from each company's group of trainees? For example the average age for wjjw boys was 20 but I know not all of them are 20. It's a weird system but at least it's original.

Yes, I watched the girls version too and I remember in the first episode some girls were eliminated already (like one of the sunshine members I think? And another one from Sunnee's company iirc). In this case at least they aren't kicking out trainees from the very first episode but the competition is still intense. I agree that iQiyi is better at portraying the daily lives/bonding of the trainees but the evaluation system of pd101 is much more exciting with all the challenges and stuff.

I hope PC keeps my interest though. S1 started really good but eventually it became kinda boring and stopped watching around the ep 7-8 :/

Also, random but I noticed that there's no Yuehua trainees this time. It's the first time Yuehua doesn't send trainees to a produce show? At least in China (in Korea they didn't send for S1 either afaik). There's also many companies that usually send trainees to IP like OACA, Mavericks, Gramarie, etc that didn't send trainees either. Aside from Banana and Qin's, most of the companies weren't that well known for me.

Edited by Gilraen92

So they calculate the average age from each company's group of trainees? For example the average age for wjjw boys was 20 but I know not all of them are 20. It's a weird system but at least it's original.

Yes, I watched the girls version too and I remember in the first episode some girls were eliminated already (like one of the sunshine members I think? And another one from Sunnee's company iirc). In this case at least they aren't kicking out trainees from the very first episode but the competition is still intense. I agree that iQiyi is better at portraying the daily lives/bonding of the trainees but the evaluation system of pd101 is much more exciting with all the challenges and stuff.

I hope PC keeps my interest though. S1 started really good but eventually it became kinda boring and stopped watching around the ep 7-8 :/

Also, random but I noticed that there's no Yuehua trainees this time. It's the first time Yuehua doesn't send trainees to a produce show? At least in China (in Korea they didn't send for S1 either afaik). There's also many companies that usually send trainees to IP like OACA, Mavericks, Gramarie, etc that didn't send trainees either. Aside from Banana and Qin's, most of the companies weren't that well known for me.

I think after the contract dispute and threats of lawsuits for Xuanyi and Meiqi last season, Yuehua will never send their trainees to another Tencent show likewise Tencent will probably never want another Yuehua trainee. There's bad blood between them now. A lot of the companies probably focus on film & television.

I think after the contract dispute and threats of lawsuits for Xuanyi and Meiqi last season, Yuehua will never send their trainees to another Tencent show likewise Tencent will probably never want another Yuehua trainee. There's bad blood between them now. A lot of the companies probably focus on film & television.

That makes sense. After that lawsuit mess I don't blame Yuehua for not sending trainees to a Tencent show again. But yeah, all those other companies that are usually present in IP/QCYN weren't here either aside from Banana/Qin's (and probably a couple more but I missed it). What I've noticed is that WJJW boys here are basically like Yuehua OT7 in IP, like the "main favorites".

Edited by Gilraen92

The dance group was so so good. I was gonna flip sh*t if they didn’t give at least some of them an A. Liu Ye and that Weng Chenyi guy absolutely killed it.

So I finally finished ep 1 and my favorites so far were the dance group, SDT and WJJW. The level this year is crazy, waaay better than S1. The dancing in particular is super strong. I was really impressed at how many awesome dancers like Weng Chenyi, Liu Ye, Zhao Rang from SDT or most of the WJJW trainees. So many good vocals too. That guy in green (Li Yinrui?) is probably my favorite vocal so far.

I found so touching when one of the X-Nine guys wanted to go to F with one of his members even if that meant renouncing to his A grade. The mentors were super pissed lmao, but it really showed their strong bond :/

So I finally finished ep 1 and my favorites so far were the dance group, SDT and WJJW. The level this year is crazy, waaay better than S1. The dancing in particular is super strong. I was really impressed at how many awesome dancers like Weng Chenyi, Liu Ye, Zhao Rang from SDT or most of the WJJW trainees. So many good vocals too. That guy in green (Li Yinrui?) is probably my favorite vocal so far.

I found so touching when one of the X-Nine guys wanted to go to F with one of his members even if that meant renouncing to his A grade. The mentors were super pissed lmao, but it really showed their strong bond :/