Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  

[Tencent] Produce Camp 2019 (P101 S2) Thread

The MV - I like this much better than having them all dance on a stage

Random but the MV reminds me to a soft drink commercial lol. It's really cute.

Random but the MV reminds me to a soft drink commercial lol. It's really cute.

well there is that placement...this is the third show I'll be subjecting myself to where they will be shoving a drink in my face every minute of an episode

The MV - I like this much better than having them all dance on a stage

Can someone tell me why they dropped out "PICK ME" from the lyrics??? This is almost borderline crime-ish. IP S2 did include it.

Edited by meis

Can someone tell me why they dropped out "PICK ME" from the lyrics??? This is almost borderline crime-ish. IP S2 did include it.

Mnet openly liked IP2 posts on social media, maybe this time around Tencent is the one without a license

• Like 1

Mnet openly liked IP2 posts on social media, maybe this time around Tencent is the one without a license

That's what was speculated. Also speculated that Mnet didn't invite RG to any of their MAMA was because of this, but who knows.

Still, it's quite refreshing for Tencent to do different things with the theme song. It feels Cpop, not like copying much of Kpop.

Wait...are there 2 subbing teams for this show?

Produce Camp Subs and CZCamp Subs?

Seems like it. But Produce Camp Subs has tons of videos out already.

Edited by whitedove

I think I'm becoming obsessed with the two moles under Xia Zhiguang's eyes, need to look up more X-Nine stuff now. I like this song

The only one I really know is Xiao Zhan...is Xia Zhiguang also in Oh My Emperor too? I've been meaning to watch that. Were the rest of them also busy acting prior to joining Produce Camp? 

How Wajijiwa's management? I know people have been bashing them for sending the boys and Zhennan to Produce Camp, do they also prioritize film/television over music?

• Like 1

I think I'm becoming obsessed with the two moles under Xia Zhiguang's eyes, need to look up more X-Nine stuff now. I like this song

The only one I really know is Xiao Zhan...is Xia Zhiguang also in Oh My Emperor too? I've been meaning to watch that. Were the rest of them also busy acting prior to joining Produce Camp? 

How Wajijiwa's management? I know people have been bashing them for sending the boys and Zhennan to Produce Camp, do they also prioritize film/television over music?

Important things first: your post made me so happy~~

As a "Dimple" and "Antartic Star", I go into complete fangirl mode when someone asks about my faves.

So, to answer your questions: all X-NINE memebers have some acting experience.They all made appearances in their own dramas. However, some didn't have a significant role. Hence, you might have to look for a while to find Xia Zhiguang Oh! My Emperor. If I recall correctly, he had a more important role in their first drama. Honestly, I don't recommend watching it since it's a sort of parody and very cringeworthy. Even me, a long time "Dimple", can not approve of that one. (That's why I won't tell you the name. You can look it up and watch it, but don't be surpised by what you see- I warned you)

For further X-NINE info and content, I refer to this YT channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/iamsorandom101

I have to admit I wasn't happy when the rumours of Wajijijwa artist participating in Produce Camp started spreading. You see, they all have participated in survival shows before. It breaks my heart to see the boys having to go through all this again. Like, I know that this time they have each other and that they'll support each other, but it's still hard to me. Especially since only a few X-NINE members are participating. It gave me the impression that Wajijiwa considers X-NINE a failure.

Another reason I felt frustrated, is that Zhou Zhennan is back on a reality show. It's his fourth time now! It hasn't even been two years since his debut, but it's like he's been on reality tv constantly. I think Wajijiwa does want their artists to gain notability, but they use reality tv to acheive that. That's -in my opinion- the main reason for the backlash.

To be honest, I can understand the reasoning up to a certain part. However, I think it's now more important than ever before to support them and for the fans to unite for once. It's not the moment to quabble.

Let's enjoy Produce Camp and support those who we think are worthy of (re)debuting!

• Like 1

The most popular X-NINE members are Xiao Zhan and Wu Jiacheng. Xiao Zhan is more active as an actor, while Wu Jiacheng is the singer of the group. He has released several singles, constantly in the top 10 of major charts, collaborated with Rocket Girls' Yamy etc. 

Iirc, Peng Chuyue and Xia Zhiguang are 2 of the most popular too though not as popular as Xiao Zhan and Wu Jiacheng, but somehow they're made to join this show.

I think X-NINE are one of the examples of Cpop boy groups that didn't try to make each member popular and relying more on group shows, group dramas, group songs etc, that's why the group didn't really take off since people only know at least a little bit about Xiao Zhan and Wu Jiacheng but have zero knowledge on the other members.

No subs yet for the first ep?

Not yet. It has only been like 4 days since the first episode and it's like more than 2 hours long.

I didn't know WJJW runs both RG and X NINE until now.....

Rooting for my SWIN homeboy Liu Ye to be center just like his groupmate Cai Xukun!

1519787115653551.jpg

12_1515745179945752.jpg

20170329074442404.jpg

• Like 2

Btw, the first center æž—ç„•å› have been disqualified for his Taiwan separatist remarks. 

• Dislike 1

The SDT member that did the high note was amazing! And in general, their group perf was really good

Also a big fan of He Junxiong

Edited by onesnowyday

Ep2 was so intense

Yang Feitong

rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png rlytearpls.png

Edited by waycrispy1

Ep2 was not bad. 

The battles were pretty fun to watch. 

The "Baby" group had an insane amount of visuals. 

I wouldn't mind if any of them made it to the final 11. 

That being said, Zhou Zhennan at #1 was expected. 

But tbh, I don't really get center vibes from him. 

And the top 11 pretty much was all of X-NINE. I expect that'll change once people get to know more of the boys. 

Li Xingyi at 23 unsure.png Would have hoped he'd be higher

He Junxiong was at 14 I think...hoping he rises 

Looking forward to next ep!

That's what was speculated. Also speculated that Mnet didn't invite RG to any of their MAMA was because of this, but who knows.

Still, it's quite refreshing for Tencent to do different things with the theme song. It feels Cpop, not like copying much of Kpop.

It was produced by Koreans tho

Zhou Zhennan is the most popular contestant so far then? I'm glad because he's the main reason why I want to watch the show. He's so cute.

Does anyone have any idea about what's going on with subs?  For the girls' season we'd get subs within the first four or five days...

Ep2 was not bad. 

The battles were pretty fun to watch. 

The "Baby" group had an insane amount of visuals. 

I wouldn't mind if any of them made it to the final 11. 

That being said, Zhou Zhennan at #1 was expected. 

But tbh, I don't really get center vibes from him. 

And the top 11 pretty much was all of X-NINE. I expect that'll change once people get to know more of the boys. 

Li Xingyi at 23 unsure.png Would have hoped he'd be higher

He Junxiong was at 14 I think...hoping he rises 

Looking forward to next ep!

Oh My God, the Baby group was sooooo adorable, I just want to adopt them all, especially He Luoluo and his stupid winks. I had a smile on my face the entire time watching them, but it's so weird listening to a Justin Bieber song in Chinese.

The battles were so much better than the girl version, because instead of having nobodies fighting for the 11 A spots, all the newcomers were previous idols. It was both sad and dramatic. Even though none of the trainees had to get kicked out in the audition stage, seeing the newcomers leave, because they didn't get an A is super sad too.

I dunno, I feel like I'm going to like the audition episodes way more than the rest of the show like I did with the girl version. 

These Chinese platforms are seriously coming down hard on reuploaded videos on Youtube. I don't know why they can't upload it on their own channel and then open it up to subs like a lot of dramas. 

• Like 1