Forums Rules Staff NEW Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press
Sign in to follow this  

[Tencent] Produce Camp 2019 (P101 S2) Thread

List of rumored contestants/agencies 

8ba25d25gy1g016o7iswkj20qn0wztl4.jpg

005ZoUoVly1g03xwzhrqfj30ro0lndig.jpg005ZoUoVly1g03xwzhrqfj30ro0lndig.jpg

005ZoUoVly1g03xwzafrdj30qz13cjv6.jpg

There's contestants born in 1985-86?? Isn't that like super old for these type of shows?

Wait...are there 2 subbing teams for this show?

Produce Camp Subs and CZCamp Subs?

Is the show subbed yet? I'm itching to watch it subbed lol

The MV - I like this much better than having them all dance on a stage

Random but the MV reminds me to a soft drink commercial lol. It's really cute.

Zhou Zhennan is the most popular contestant so far then? I'm glad because he's the main reason why I want to watch the show. He's so cute.

Tencent is uploading it onto youtube now (and hopefully they don't take it down again)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuklMFifXo

Ep 2 to come out tomorrow

Don't know if they'll allow subs, but at least we can watch it on Youtube now

Ugh no subs yet? At least the episodes are complete. I guess I’ll watch it without subs then lmao.

The Produce Camp trainees have started trending on weibo since episode 2 (after episode 1 it was all about the mentors), and trending high too.

Top Combine's Zhang Yuan (one of the 4 hidden trainees that challenged for A and made it):

---

Oh btw, Liu Ye now has more weibo followers than UNINE members except for Li Wenhan. The competition for boy groups by the time Produce Camp is over is gonna be intense!

Omg really? I was expecting PC to be bigger than QCYN because it's Tencent and because it has more famous mentors, contestants from already popular-ish groups like X-Nine, etc but I didn't expect them to trend so soon.

Wow @ that contestant in his 30s tho. A 33 y/o could never debut as a kpop idol omg.

Weekly Weibo Star Power Chart (Produce Camp subcategory):

1. Zhou Zhennan

2. Xia Zhiguang (X-NINE)

3. He Luoluo (Yi'an Music Club)

4. Liu Ye (SWIN-S)

5. Zhao Lei (X-NINE)

6. Dai Jingyao

7. Peng Chuyue (X-NINE)

8. Zhai Xiaowen

9. Lu Siheng

10. Yan Xujia (X-NINE)

11. Zhang Yanqi

The rest: https://topstar.h5.weibo.cn/rank?rType=17

Top Combine's Zhang Yuan has joined the top 3 starting yesterday.

Their current number of weibo followers:

1. Zhou Zhennan - 4.72 million

2. Xia Zhiguang - 2.29 million

3. He Luoluo - 1.13 million

4. Liu Ye - 3.92 million

5. Zhao Lei - 2.09 million

6. Dai Jingyao - 4.3 million

7. Peng Chuyue - 2.32 million

8. Zhai Xiaowen - 149k

9. Lu Siheng - 898k

10. Yan Xujia - 1.34 million

11. Zhang Yanqi - 129k

My eyes went bonkers seeing how many weibo followers they have (especially Zhennan, Dai Jingyao and Liu Ye), and then there's Xiaowen (who auditioned with Zhennan and X-NINE members) and Yanqi (the quick-witted, self-degrading dark horse) :lol:

And I think Ren Hao and Zhang Yuan will be one of the early favourites in the early rankings.

Wow @ Zhennan with nearly 5M of followers. I wonder how high the votes will be during the eliminations episodes

And since it's Tencent they'd probably keep it at 11 per day or max 121 per account per day, just like last year just to mess with iqiyi lol.

The votes in pd101 China S1 were like astronomical, so I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the same stuff this year.

So I started to watch ep 1 subbed and it's surprisingly VERY entertaining? I really liked the beginning when they enter the "camp" and get the 3 surprises (uniforms, family/managers and bags) and then go to the dorms. Can't believe they're really sleeping in those lame bunk beds tho lmao.

I also find the system refreshing? I get that demoting to F to the ones that chose A but didn't get A in the mentor evaluation is kinda cruel but pretty original compared to the usual produce system. I didn't understand the age order thing tho. So they enter according to age order or company? Because it seemed like both, but not all the trainees from a same company are the same age so ?? The last one to enter was a 26 y/o guy, so considering there's a 32-33 there shouldn't he be the last one to enter then?

The mentors were all gorgeous in their 20s? o_o But even now in their 40s (?) they look great tbh.

Edited by Gilraen92

The way they came out is average age, and a lot of them like the dance team are all from different companies. I think they had a few days to come up with a performance together, but surprisingly they looked better as a team than some of the trainees from the same company. 

The last mentor that came out is actually 54 yrs old.

Did you watch PD101 China with the girls? In that one after everyone auditioned they brought in a few girls who wanted to try being in a girl group, but had no training whatsoever and if they win a battle with an A, one of the lower contestants would get kicked off the show. In ep2 of this one, they bring in ex-idols including Casper's former groupmate from Cross Gene and Yang Feitong from Idol Producer. They also have to battle an A, and if they get an A, they can stay, but if they don't they have to leave. It gets more intense.

I still prefer the way iQiyi films their day to day activities, remixes their songs and do the stages in general, but PD101 China and Produce Camp does have a more entertaining audition process.

So they calculate the average age from each company's group of trainees? For example the average age for wjjw boys was 20 but I know not all of them are 20. It's a weird system but at least it's original.

Yes, I watched the girls version too and I remember in the first episode some girls were eliminated already (like one of the sunshine members I think? And another one from Sunnee's company iirc). In this case at least they aren't kicking out trainees from the very first episode but the competition is still intense. I agree that iQiyi is better at portraying the daily lives/bonding of the trainees but the evaluation system of pd101 is much more exciting with all the challenges and stuff.

I hope PC keeps my interest though. S1 started really good but eventually it became kinda boring and stopped watching around the ep 7-8 :/

Also, random but I noticed that there's no Yuehua trainees this time. It's the first time Yuehua doesn't send trainees to a produce show? At least in China (in Korea they didn't send for S1 either afaik). There's also many companies that usually send trainees to IP like OACA, Mavericks, Gramarie, etc that didn't send trainees either. Aside from Banana and Qin's, most of the companies weren't that well known for me.

Edited by Gilraen92

I think after the contract dispute and threats of lawsuits for Xuanyi and Meiqi last season, Yuehua will never send their trainees to another Tencent show likewise Tencent will probably never want another Yuehua trainee. There's bad blood between them now. A lot of the companies probably focus on film & television.

That makes sense. After that lawsuit mess I don't blame Yuehua for not sending trainees to a Tencent show again. But yeah, all those other companies that are usually present in IP/QCYN weren't here either aside from Banana/Qin's (and probably a couple more but I missed it). What I've noticed is that WJJW boys here are basically like Yuehua OT7 in IP, like the "main favorites".

Edited by Gilraen92

The dance group was so so good. I was gonna flip sh*t if they didn’t give at least some of them an A. Liu Ye and that Weng Chenyi guy absolutely killed it.

So I finally finished ep 1 and my favorites so far were the dance group, SDT and WJJW. The level this year is crazy, waaay better than S1. The dancing in particular is super strong. I was really impressed at how many awesome dancers like Weng Chenyi, Liu Ye, Zhao Rang from SDT or most of the WJJW trainees. So many good vocals too. That guy in green (Li Yinrui?) is probably my favorite vocal so far.

I found so touching when one of the X-Nine guys wanted to go to F with one of his members even if that meant renouncing to his A grade. The mentors were super pissed lmao, but it really showed their strong bond :/

So I finally finished ep 1 and my favorites so far were the dance group, SDT and WJJW. The level this year is crazy, waaay better than S1. The dancing in particular is super strong. I was really impressed at how many awesome dancers like Weng Chenyi, Liu Ye, Zhao Rang from SDT or most of the WJJW trainees. So many good vocals too. That guy in green (Li Yinrui?) is probably my favorite vocal so far.

I found so touching when one of the X-Nine guys wanted to go to F with one of his members even if that meant renouncing to his A grade. The mentors were super pissed lmao, but it really showed their strong bond :/

The thread is finally working but it’s such a mess with all those repeated posts lol

Is ep 2 subbed already? I want to keep watching because I loved ep 1 but I don’t find ep 2 subbed anywhere.

showing some love for lu si heng

what a cutie! he's such a good dancer!

he was on xfire with predebut xnine.  he's on produce camp with 4 members of xnine again now.

I love his cover of Usher's Bump with Xnine Chen Zexi

Produce

the boys only had 24 hours to learn the song

Siheng was actually my favorite from the dance team. He’s so so cute and such an awesome dancer.

Ep3 to come to youtube tmrw

Hm...honestly, I wasn't super wowed by these performances. I feel like the girls had more memorable first performances 

Maybe it had (a lot) to do with the song choices :/ 

Wasn't really a fan of most of them. 

Anyways, Li Xinyi is still down at 18...wish he rise up some more :'( 

He Junxiong still around the same as last time...

I really get the feeling that Tencent is trying to push Wu Jifeng (or maybe ETM paid a lot of money) 

Feel like he's been getting decent screen time. 

Anyways, my favorite performance was probably from the Lesion teams.

Really? I haven’t watched the performances yet, but I saw a few clips in twitter and they looked pretty good and energetic to me, not particularly worse that the girls performances. In fact I barely remember the girls first performances except Meiqi’s team but then again I watched it a long time ago and never re-watched again so...

Well at least you remember Meiqi's team performance. I don't even remember what her team looked like performing lol. I do remember the vocalists team though (Kimberley, Ziting, Lucia).

Same. Literally the only S1 performance that I can remember 100% clearly is the triple As performance but it wasn’t even in the first battles but in the auditions. Idk so far i’m liking S2 more. I’ve only watched ep 1 so far but the level (especially in the dancers) is crazy this year.

Just finished the ranking evaluation part. I haven't looked up any of the contestants before the show because I like to base my picks on first impression and then add more as the shows goes on. 

Just like the general public taste two contestants caught my attention so far Zhou Zhennan and He Luo Luo. I'm quite sure that Zhennan will be my absolute fav from this show. His charisma on stage is quite something! He Luo Luo is super cute and I like that his voice kind of doesn't match his visual lol. I need to see more of him performing to be sure though.

Other contestants that I'm keeping an eye on but aren't sure if they'll be staying on my list are Niu Chao (her reminds me of Deng Chao both his hair and face haha), Wang Chenyi, Wu Jifeng, Zhang Yanqi and Yu Haoran. 

I'm surprised to see some of the X-nine members on the show but funny thing is that none of them are my favorites from the group. I actually only like Xiao Zhan but other members that I like are Gu + Wu Jia Cheng and Wu Jifan..none of them are participating. Although Xiao Zhan is so popular that I'm 100% sure that he would be guaranteed a spot in the final lineup so it's for the better. 

Also I was searching through my memory for the longest time before I figured out why the guy in the pink shirt, Dai Jingyao looked so familiar. They kept showing his face and I finally remembered, Simba from Cannot Hug You. 

I don't know what to say about the oldies...it's true like what Aaron said that there is no age limit for how old you have to be to be in an idol group but still their age.. I'm thinking about all the different concepts/styles they'll have to handle. If they would ever had to do cute/fresh/å°‘å¹´ concepts..can they really adapt? Sure Zhang Yuan deserves a chance just like everyone else and he absolutely is a good vocalist but tbh I don't think he is suitable...not Xueyang either. I also don't think that they'll make it in the end..I'm not familiar with Top Combine maybe they have lots of fans that'll vote for them but I doubt that the general public thinks the same. Let's see what happens. I'm sad that Feitong didn't make it but tbh he didn't shine in that performance. 

Oh well going to finish eps 2 and watch eps 3 now. 

Edit: Lmao, Alec sure looks happy as the mentor of F class.

Ma Xueyang actually blends well with the younger guys. If I didn’t know his age I’d guess him in his mid 20s. No idea about the other guy (is he a top combine member too?) because I haven’t watched ep 2 yet. But in general I agree with you. Idols are supposed to be fresh young people so unless this group aims towards a more mature image/concept, 32-33 y/o is pretty old. Also imagine if they end in the group with the likes of Zhennan and Luoluo that are almost half their age. It’s kinda awkward lol.

Well, like I said, most of it had to do with the songs. They weren't that impactful...at least, QCYN's first performances had some decent songs...but I feel like a lot of the songs were just not really good choices. Songs like Treasure and Lesion were alright, but idk...a lot just weren't my cup of tea I guess. Personally the girls' performances I actually still remember pretty well. Grandpa's Tea, Alien, Sugar, and Red High Heels were some of my favorites. 

The tea one I remember the performance now (Dongyue was the center I think?) but I didn't really like the song. The red high heels one I agree it was pretty good. That definitely was one of the few memorable performances to me along with triple As audition.

But in general I agree with the users saying that iQiyi is way better at choosing/remixing the songs. In QCYN for example they turned that silly tarzan meme into a bop lol.

Performance wise most of them were pretty good but I agree that song choices aren't the best. The only song that I like is Lesion but I thought the song title was Bingbian/ç—…å˜ so I had no idea it was that song until I heard them sing it. I also think it has something to do with the stage settings and its setup. QCYN have props and stage effects that makes the performances look good and more appealing (despite the weird editing/light). 

Other than that I think the format with two teams performing the same song but different versions is interesting. The thing is though that they aren't always equally good so the team who gets a better version + better choreo have an upperhand. Also like ^ mentioned above I don't understand how they divided the teams..why did some teams have twice as many members? That also affects the performance and how it's perceived. 

In eps three I got to know the contestants a little bit more and I'm surprised that Zhennan seems quite mature for his age. The way he thinks is mature but his lack of experience made him handling the situation with his team a bit wrong (you can say a bit immaturely especially when he just walked away). I find him really intersting and likes him even more now so he is my set favorite. 

After eps three:

Zhennan

--

Luoluo

--

Chenyi

Jifeng

Yaochen

Niu Chao

Yanqi

Dropped Yu Haoran and added Yao Chen instead. 

Yes, Xueyang and Zhang Yuan are both from Top Combine. 

Look wise I guess they can pass if they get the right make up and styling. That's why Xueyang looks like he blends well. Although it's noticeable that they're older when you see how they act on the show. I don't know if they can adapt if it's a concept that is a mismatch with their age and their experience. I bet that it'll show. 

I would prefer to not have them in the final line up but maybe they can refresh their career through the show. 

Random but do these 2 appear more in ep 2 and 3? Because I don't remember them at all in ep 1. I don't even know which company are they from. I've seen a few people already mentioning them in their ideal line up.

Re: Xueyang and Zhang Yuan. I agree that putting 2 guys in almost their mid 30s with young boys in their teens/early 20s would be really odd. Like I said, idols are supposed to have a fresh/youthful concept so they'd look totally out of place with their experience and behavior. And even look wise they can pass for mid 20s at the youngest but if you see them next to contestants in their teens or even early 20s they look considerably older. But yeah, they can use this opportunity to get exposure and refresh their career. China doesn't seem to care that much about age as Korea (where you rarely see any mainstream artist past 35).

Edited by Gilraen92

He is almost on the cusp of being eliminated though... 

Yao Chen is the JYP guy? Weird that he's gonna be eliminated so soon. But then again, this is not Korea where company stans would keep him afloat. Plus he doesn't seem to get a lot of screentime in the first place idk.

Sign in to follow this