Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Sandy Hook shooting victims' families win legal victory against InfoWars, Alex Jones

11 replies to this topic

#1 Lil Ayy Big Gay

Lil Ayy Big Gay

♡ TRUST IN T-ARA ♡

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

Six families of victims killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School won a legal victory Friday in their fight against controversial radio and internet personality Alex Jones.

A judge in Connecticut has granted the families’ discovery requests, allowing them access to, among other things, InfoWars’ internal marketing and financial documents.

The judge has scheduled a hearing next week to decide whether to allow the plaintiffs’ attorneys to depose Jones.

The families sued Jones and InfoWars for defamation and accused him of perpetuating a “monstrous, unspeakable lie: that the Sandy Hook shooting was staged and that the families who lost loved ones that day are actors who faked their relatives’ deaths.”

Jones has sought to dismiss the lawsuit. "Plaintiffs suffered a horrible tragedy," his defense attorney, Jay M. Wolman, wrote in a motion to dismiss the lawsuit. "Alex Jones and InfoWars are not responsible for this tragedy. To punish them for First Amendment protected speech on this matter of public concern will not bring back the lives lost."

Jones' lawyer did not immediately respond to ABC News' requests for comment.

The judge’s ruling on discovery gives the plaintiffs access to any communication Jones had about the Newtown massacre and to documents that could point to the inner workings of InfoWars.

Source, https://abcnews.go.c...impression=true

#2 Latteℓove

Latteℓove

Idol

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:42 PM

Please drag him and make him pay, Alex Jones is such trash

#3 WonderfulOnce

WonderfulOnce

Stay

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,458 posts
  • LocationI AM YOU. YES OR YES? Waiting for Rhujin, Yeji, Chaeryeong, & Jisu's debut~

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:47 PM

How dare he says it was "staged!" souleyesplz.png souleyesplz.png souleyesplz.png  

#4 Lil Ayy Big Gay

Lil Ayy Big Gay

♡ TRUST IN T-ARA ♡

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:54 PM

One thing I don't get is how they're now trying to say "this matter of public concern will not bring back the lives lost." When his whole entire shit was the lives weren't lost to begin with and the families were lying, which is why the families are tryna strike him down.

it's clearly he is backpedaling, I don't see him winning, clear defamation

#5 Latteℓove

Latteℓove

Idol

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:13 PM

One thing I don't get is how they're now trying to say "this matter of public concern will not bring back the lives lost." When his whole entire shit was the lives weren't lost to begin with and the families were lying, which is why the families are tryna strike him down.

it's clearly he is backpedaling, I don't see him winning, clear defamation

The thing that pisses me off the most is his complete lack of remorse for what he did.  Because of him those poor families were literally harassed by people while they were trying to GRIEVE THE LOSS OF THEIR CHILDREN.  So disgusting.

#6 PeachyKeys!

PeachyKeys!

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 January 2019 - 12:18 AM

Accountability.

#7 Your Juan and only

Your Juan and only

Amateur Journalist of OHpression News

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,889 posts
  • Locationin the office

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:10 AM

theres clearly something wrong with man, I genuinely think he suffers from a mental illness

#8 Sanggyun's Manboobs

Sanggyun's Manboobs

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,462 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:19 AM

He is trash

#9 MasterOfCider

MasterOfCider

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:06 PM

Bring him down. He deserves nothing.

#10 Riserise

Riserise

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

The thing that pisses me off the most is his complete lack of remorse for what he did.  Because of him those poor families were literally harassed by people while they were trying to GRIEVE THE LOSS OF THEIR CHILDREN.  So disgusting.

Yes, people like him are devoid of any empathy.

#11 PowerUpMyIceCreamCake

PowerUpMyIceCreamCake

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationBirmingham, Alabama

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:18 PM

I hope the sandy hook families win and take him to the damn cleaners, this bastard spread the "sandy hook is a hoax" bullshit that basically made his stupid followers harrass the families of the victims. Many of the sandy hook families had to move multiple times because of that bastard and his stans.

#12 TheBigMermaid

TheBigMermaid

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:58 PM

I hope the sandy hook families win and take him to the damn cleaners, this bastard spread the "sandy hook is a hoax" bullshit that basically made his stupid followers harrass the families of the victims. Many of the sandy hook families had to move multiple times because of that bastard and his stans.

They lost loved ones and just because of shit people who can't take even the idea of gun control, they had to move on top of that.

Up, Up and Away!