Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Trump Got Rich by Screwing Over Workers—Of Course He’s Doing It Again as President

8 replies to this topic

#1 sickwithsin

sickwithsin

☼ ☾ ☆

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:09 PM (Edited by sickwithsin, 11 January 2019 - 04:11 PM.)

“For decades, Trump repeatedly didn’t pay those who worked for him, and now that he’s in the White House, little has changed.”

The biggest lie ever told in American politics is the claim that Donald Trump cares about working people.

He never has. He never will.

As a bankruptcy-prone business mogul, Trump has always financed his lavish lifestyle at the expense of the workers and contractors he screwed over. Now he is doing the same thing as president, having engineered a government shutdown that on Friday denied 800,000 federal employees their paychecks.

“Cheating, scamming, and ripping off workers is a Donald Trump tradition that goes back decades. Federal workers are just Trump’s latest victims,” says Public Citizen president Robert Weissman. “For decades, Trump repeatedly didn’t pay those who worked for him, and now that he’s in the White House, little has changed. Hundreds of thousands of federal workers and employees of federal contractors are suffering the same fate because of the Trump shutdown.”

This shutdown, says Paul Shearon, the president of International Federation of Professional and Technical Engineers, is “completely unnecessary.”

“The real problem is that President Trump has shut himself down and he’s refusing to do his job as chief executive,” says Shearon, whose union represents judges in US immigration courts, scientists, engineers and technical workers at NASA, and highly skilled workers at the EPA and NOAA.

The human cost is severe for federal workers who, as American Federation of Government EmployeesNational President J. David Cox Sr. says, have take home pay of about $500 a week and in many case “struggle to make ends meet even without a missed paycheck.” Yet  Trump is “holding employees’ paychecks hostage over demands for a border wall.”

Trump presumes that unpaid federal workers can just “make adjustments,” while claiming that he “can relate” to the difficult circumstance he has imposed upon them.

This, says Weissman, “is pretty rich coming from a six-time bankrupt real estate mogul who inherited his daddy’s fortune. Working families who are living paycheck to paycheck and can no longer afford to pay for rent, groceries and medical bills because of Trump’s reckless shutdown have every right to be furious at the president’s oblivious and patronizing remarks.”

Trump promised during the 2016 campaign that “the American worker will finally have a president who will protect them and fight for them.”

That was a lie.

As Weissman says, Trump has as president “betrayed workers at every turn.”

“From rolling back health, safety and wage protections to misleading coal miners to tax giveaways for billionaires and big corporations that left most Americans with a pittance,” he explains, “it should be obvious by now that Trump holds working people beneath contempt.

https://www.thenatio...rewing-workers/

The Trumps got "rich" (if you can call being billions of dollars in debt to foreign banks, and having credit so awful that no domestic banks will touch you, rich) by screwing over anyone not named Trump.

#2 Skyrock

Skyrock

Idol

• PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationH3LL

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:18 PM

Aren't most president rich people that never paid others? I don't see any difference.

#3 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,666 posts
  • Locationsomewhere tasty

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:35 PM (Edited by Yggdrasil, 11 January 2019 - 04:38 PM.)

Aren't most president rich people that never paid others? I don't see any difference.

Trump's supporters like to frame him as some champion of the working man when, if you actually look at Trump's life, he's done nothing to help them and has built a record on cheating people out of pay after they finish working for him. He's supposed to "drain the swamp" when his whole business empire is built on shady transactions and he's outright admitted to trying to buy politicians. He's a fraud of the highest order.

#4 Skyrock

Skyrock

Idol

• PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationH3LL

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:40 PM

Trump's supporters like to frame him as some champion of the working man when, if you actually look at Trump's life, he's done nothing to help them and has built a record on cheating people out of pay after they finish working for him. He's supposed to "drain the swamp" when his whole business empire is built on shady transactions and he's outright admitted to trying to buy politicians. He's a fraud of the highest order.

I only mean that it's wrong to say that he is guilty of being rich when other president did just the same. For example Bill Clinton.

Did you know that the Clintons were involved in the corruption currently being held in Haiti?

#5 Sugar Daddy

Sugar Daddy

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationKai's bed.... with Jennie too I guess

Posted 11 January 2019 - 05:38 PM

it still amazes me how the hell he won the eleciton

#6 Mark Lee

Mark Lee

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 703 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 12 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

Sorry i don't trust america's fake news media. Trump is a good president.

#7 TheBigMermaid

TheBigMermaid

Debutee

• PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 08:03 PM

Yes, he betrayed a lot of people who voted for him. Most workers can't 'make adjustments' for this long.

Mexico was going to pay for that wall, so he should be over there collecting it.

#8 MasterOfCider

MasterOfCider

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts
  • LocationAmerica

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:48 PM

I only mean that it's wrong to say that he is guilty of being rich when other president did just the same. For example Bill Clinton.

Did you know that the Clintons were involved in the corruption currently being held in Haiti?

A lot of people (myself included) always cite Trump's wealth as a problem, but we never really go into detail as to why we mention it. No, being rich itself doesn't make you guilty. Most politicians are quite rich. The problem comes with lack of sensitivity, lies, and the sheer detachment from reality that Trump has. Trump has had several failed businesses, still refuses (as far as I'm aware) to show his tax returns, put the very 1% of the 1% in office, supports an economic policy that we know doesn't work (trickle down economics,) made a travel ban against countries that haven't had many terror attacks against us or none at all instead of those who have because he has business relations with them, and believes the workers affected by the shutdown can ask their parents to bail them out like his father did to him. He's not some grand savior to the common man and never will be. He doesn't understand them and won't try as he's so caught up in his own way of living.

Now in regards to the left and the Clintons. Everyone knows the Clintons are corrupt. No big secret there. This past election was a lesser of two evils and no matter who won we'd all lose. Republicans are slaves to corporations while democrats are Wall Street pets. The reason I ally with the left is mainly their stance on social issues, but dispite their privileges - unlike Trump - they understand that people can't simply ask their parents and understand that there's a difference between how they live versus the average person.

That being said you can't simply deflect or justify a wrong, because "they did it too!" That type of thinking doesn't solve issues. Certainly call out the wrong, but don't act like it's okay for your political side to do it either.

#9 Riserise

Riserise

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:45 AM

People with salaries of 500 dollar usually can't have a lot of savings.

They can't just say: 'I guess I postpone buying that private plane for a few weeks.'

Any savings they had will have been gone for many by now.

Up, Up and Away!