Flashfox

37 replies to this topic

#1 flashfox

flashfox

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts
  • Locationdon't give up on your dreams, keep sleeping

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:35 PM (Edited by flashfox, 11 January 2019 - 03:36 PM.)

I thought it was gonna flop hard, but it’s on its way to make a billion, what? I am shook

I saw it yesterday and the cinema was fully PACKED.

I liked the movie , the visuals were nice and actors did pretty good, some of the dialogues were pretty lame tho but it’s fine.

#2 WonderfulOnce

WonderfulOnce

Stay

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,571 posts
  • LocationITZY INCOMING. ROTY2019

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:37 PM

I didn't think anyone would consider Aquaman "cool," till now. I never did tbh.

#3 Gospel Truth

Gospel Truth

Red Hood

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts
  • LocationI'm sorry like a habit and I love you like a fool. –Hanbin

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:37 PM

i knew because i had to move up my desired date to watch it 3 times bc the tickets for 4D kept selling out

#4 coval

coval

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:38 PM

The trailer looked bomb so I knew it would do well

But it's way more successful than I had assumed

I didn't think it would surpass WW tbh

#5 GetRapper

GetRapper

冷たい風と片思い

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,314 posts
  • LocationXanadu

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:39 PM (Edited by GetRapper, 11 January 2019 - 03:40 PM.)

I've seen it 5 times now, it's the most action packed superhero movie ever or at least in the Top 5.  It's an amazing cinematic experence, especially in 3D.

Sure it has flaws (dialogue, plot holes), but it's an incredible popcorn flick.

#6 Gospel Truth

Gospel Truth

Red Hood

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

I didn't think anyone would consider Aquaman "cool," till now. I never did tbh.

w- what

glad people are starting to appreciate aquaman then i-

personally aquaman always been one of my favorite justice league members and aquaman's rebirth comic series is one of the most solid ones since the dc reboot!

#7 Oodles

Oodles

σɳℓყ ƒσ૨ ʝเɦყσ 🍜

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,602 posts
  • LocationBe a groo ~ ♡

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:39 PM

Same lmao thought it was gonna flop hard and now it's on it's way to hit 1 billion.

And I'm laughing at DCEU fans shading all these critics on twitter esp Marvel fans. But the movie was pretty good. Mera and Queen Atlanna were stand outs in the movie. 

#8 WonderfulOnce

WonderfulOnce

Stay

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,571 posts
  • LocationITZY INCOMING. ROTY2019

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:45 PM (Edited by WonderfulOnce, 11 January 2019 - 03:46 PM.)

w- what

glad people are starting to appreciate aquaman then i-

personally aquaman always been one of my favorite justice league members and aquaman's rebirth comic series is one of the most solid ones since the dc reboot!

Just wanted to respond to say, WOW.  I literally paused to watch the whole gif.  The story and graphics in your sig are something else XDD. 10 out of 10! 

#9 blank_stare

blank_stare

BLANK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,120 posts
  • LocationYuZhou is My Universe

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:47 PM

The trailer looked bomb so I knew it would do well
But it's way more successful than I had assumed
I didn't think it would surpass WW tbh

#10 Gospel Truth

Gospel Truth

Red Hood

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,050 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:48 PM

Just wanted to respond to say, WOW.  I literally paused to watch the whole gif.  The story and graphics in your sig are something else XDD. 10 out of 10! 

thank you!! it was seungri's doing lovestruck.png

#11 Dupladé

Dupladé

👠☕Member of the Galaxy Mafia☕👠

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts
  • LocationSomewhere waiting for Sugakookie to open their lamb skewers restaurant

Posted 11 January 2019 - 03:55 PM

Same lmao thought it was gonna flop hard and now it's on it's way to hit 1 billion.

And I'm laughing at DCEU fans shading all these critics on twitter esp Marvel fans. But the movie was pretty good. Mera and Queen Atlanna were stand outs in the movie. 

They are shading them because the critics dragged the movie to dirt, they wanted to see it flop soooo bad. 1 billion, baby, serves them well dave.png

#12 seungmina

seungmina

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:02 PM

I was expecting for it to reach only 600-700 million especially since Justice League flopped so bad. It’s basically the same case as Jumanji last year, good word of mouth helped both movies at the box office. Plus it did extremely well overseas especially in China since they love big action packed with great visual films there and China has one of the biggest box office markets in the world.
I’m glad it’s doing so well. Yeah it’s not a perfect movie some of the dialogue were cringey but it is truly an extremely entertaining movie, the vfx and cinematography were beautiful, action scenes were great and is one of those rare blockbuster movies that has truly an amazing third act.

Still bitter that it didn’t even make the shortlist for the Oscars. Even if you have major problems with the movie, something most of us can agree on is that the vfx was Oscar worthy and yes Aquaman’s vfx was way better than Infinity War and Black Panther while those two movies had better stories.

#13 Song Zico

Song Zico

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 890 posts
  • LocationYG dungeon

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:06 PM

The movie was ASS

With a cheesy and predictable storyline.

2.5/10 IMO

#14 Grape Soda

Grape Soda

✩ Light & Carat ✩

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,711 posts
  • LocationFlat Earth

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

I was gonna see it but i saw bumblebee instead lol

#15 Mongtae

Mongtae

起承轉結

• PipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:12 PM

tbh I loved it, though I guess I'm biased because I tend to favor DC over MCU films (though Marvel has been improving in recent years). I wasn't really expecting it to do this well though as DC films tend to flop at the Box Office

#16 Laamaa

Laamaa

Everlasting Wonderful

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,922 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:15 PM

Of course. Jason is the man.

#17 GoldenDivas

GoldenDivas

🔱Jay Park's Wifey🔱

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6,320 posts
  • LocationAt Alumni Week

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

its because Jason Momoa is Hot 

#18 Joon

Joon

BOOYAH!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 9,208 posts
  • Location^^

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

No, and tbh the trailers don’t appeal to me at all. But I like Jason so I am glad it is doing well:

#19 flashfox

flashfox

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,654 posts
  • Locationdon't give up on your dreams, keep sleeping

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:29 PM (Edited by flashfox, 11 January 2019 - 04:30 PM.)

I was expecting for it to reach only 600-700 million especially since Justice League flopped so bad. It’s basically the same case as Jumanji last year, good word of mouth helped both movies at the box office. Plus it did extremely well overseas especially in China since they love big action packed with great visual films there and China has one of the biggest box office markets in the world.
I’m glad it’s doing so well. Yeah it’s not a perfect movie some of the dialogue were cringey but it is truly an extremely entertaining movie, the vfx and cinematography were beautiful, action scenes were great and is one of those rare blockbuster movies that has truly an amazing third act.
Still bitter that it didn’t even make the shortlist for the Oscars. Even if you have major problems with the movie, something most of us can agree on is that the vfx was Oscar worthy and yes Aquaman’s vfx was way better than Infinity War and Black Panther while those two movies had better stories.

I accidentally negged, I wanted to upvote

Sorry

#20 momo's lamborghini

momo's lamborghini

Global Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,111 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 11 January 2019 - 04:37 PM

I just watched it ,its better than most DC movies ,and better than some marvel movies 

Up, Up and Away!