Search Engine

Advanced Search

Photo

Why do ARMYs say TXT are too young when they're about the same age as BTS during debut?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

#1 beginkookie

beginkookie

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:38 AM

iirc BTS were all barely 20 when debuting, with maknaeline all in middle school and highschool meaning they're 17 yrs old and below, while not as young as TXT the discrepancy isn't that huge so far

TXT actually seems to be the normal age for bg debuts rather than too young, people forget Taemin debuted at 13. In kpop, having maknaes who are 14 and 15 is more normal than the exception (look at big groups, odds are maknaes are from 14-16 years old)

Seeing their oldest is 19 years old, that instantly makes him older or same age as SHINee's eldest and the whole of DBSK during their debut. Lest people forget, DBSK's eldest is Jaejoong and he was only 17 when DBSK debuted in 2003. 

I just don't get all the fetus and embryo jokes unless all members are 15 years old and below. 

#2 Ceyla

Ceyla

♡ Namjoon's Wife ♡

• PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:39 AM

Cuz armys are old now. rlytearpls.png

#3 crazy_diamond

crazy_diamond

• PipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:41 AM

They are too young comparing to the fans, but if txt indeed will have an average age of 17, then they are at a perfect age to debut

#4 AL2

AL2

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:42 AM

Theyre underage.
Bts were nugus when they debuted so no one really complained lol

#5 beginkookie

beginkookie

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:44 AM

I frankly don't think ARMYs are their target market

Most next gen groups accumulate a fandom of their own

#6 freya

freya

○ Still a BTS Enthusiast ○

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:53 AM

Why do armys tweet at 2 in the morning when they have work the next day. Why do armys think they can buy all these albums and say they're broke. Why do Armys say they love BTS? Why do Armys...

#7 Ceyla

Ceyla

♡ Namjoon's Wife ♡

• PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

I frankly don't think ARMYs are their target market

Most next gen groups accumulate a fandom of their own

Of course not. Their target market are the teens. That's where it normally starts. And now it's up to the group to spread it out as much as they can. 

#8 beginkookie

beginkookie

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Theyre underage.

I keep seeing this but BTS aren't exactly nugu when they debuted. Struggling, yes. But they had quite some hype in Tumblr back then esp amongst ifans. They were nugus in Korea but they were talked about a lot in ifan communities even during school trilogy era. Basically if you were a K-Pop fan in 2013, you knew BTS even if you didn't stan them. I'd actually compare their previous hype to Holland now who hasn't gained momentum in Korea at all but is pretty identifiable in international kpop fan discussions. 

No one called BTS fetuses because they fell within the expected age average for K-Pop debuts just like this new bg. JK debuted at 15, but so did IU, Suzy, Seungri, Changmin, Minho, Minzy and a ton of other idols. Now 13 year olds debuting (like Wonyoung of IZONE who was 13 when she first appeared on PD48) do take me aback.

#9 Gospel Truth loves Keita

Gospel Truth loves Keita

Red Hood

• PipPipPipPip
  • 7,664 posts

they're at the perfect age for a long lasting career tbh, dont want them to be sent to the military 7 years into debut ya know

#10 LalaLatte

LalaLatte

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

Because we are older than them lol so to me they are young. But they are the perfect age to debut and gather a fandom of younger people who will also grow with them

#11 Usara

Usara

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:55 AM

Because Armys are getting old

#12 beginkookie

beginkookie

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:57 AM

Of course not. Their target market are the teens. That's where it normally starts. And now it's up to the group to spread it out as much as they can. 

Their debut will definitely generate a lot of hype and break records. People are acting as if they won't be able to live up to their sunbaes but their debut at the very least will be similar to how hyped and successful Winner and IKON debuts were (lbh, those two groups would be untouchable now if they sustained it).

Also I get the feeling the bg music of the first member's intro is their song, if that's anything to go by, it's gonna be a good song.

#13 Stepkdramafan226

Stepkdramafan226

BTS PR Team ♥

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5,123 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:59 AM

Why do armys tweet at 2 in the morning when they have work the next day. Why do armys think they can buy all these albums and say they're broke. Why do Armys say they love BTS? Why do Armys...

#14 t a e c h u u

t a e c h u u

.·:·.☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾.·:·.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:04 AM

#15 smrookies girls

smrookies girls

Star

• PipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:08 AM (Edited by smrookies girls, 11 January 2019 - 08:10 AM.)

I agree. But it's not only ARMYs, all fandoms react the same way when someone young debut. I think the older you get the more you find idols debuting at a young age... when nothing has changed. 

edit: also txt doesn't exactly have a fandom yet. just because their potential fans in the west are older doesn't mean it will be the case in Korea. Look at NCT DREAM, in the West the majority of their fans are older but in Korea they are/were really popular with elementary school children. Depending on their concept, their fans will probably be around their age or younger. 

#16 Ceyla

Ceyla

♡ Namjoon's Wife ♡

• PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:09 AM

Their debut will definitely generate a lot of hype and break records. People are acting as if they won't be able to live up to their sunbaes but their debut at the very least will be similar to how hyped and successful Winner and IKON debuts were (lbh, those two groups would be untouchable now if they sustained it).

Also I get the feeling the bg music of the first member's intro is their song, if that's anything to go by, it's gonna be a good song.

That's true. People are interested about them and their debut will be successful. They have exposure which most of the other groups don't have. But I agree with you that sustaining that hype is another issue. There are many cases of groups that couldn't live up to the hype and just disappear. 

If that's their debut song, then it really suits their concept. Young and upbeat type of songs. I'll be watching them to see how they go. They'll be under a huge pressure, but I wish them luck and to be able to overcome bumpy roads ahead.

#17 Ceyla

Ceyla

♡ Namjoon's Wife ♡

• PipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:15 AM

Theyre underage.

That's true lol. And now look how far they've come.rlytearpls.png  From being nugus to being the top. lovestruck.png

#18 adda

adda

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,876 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:17 AM (Edited by adda, 11 January 2019 - 08:27 AM.)

those Armys say that because TXT make them feeling old, they probably are in their 20s and think TXT are too young for fangirling abut them. Many fans of senior groups react like that when a new group debut. They don't have the mood to start all over again ... for them those rookies are "fetus" ;) 

#19 beginkookie

beginkookie

Senior Idol

• PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:19 AM

I agree. But it's not only ARMYs, all fandoms react the same way when someone young debut. I think the older you get the more you find idols debuting at a young age... when nothing has changed. 

I was in my late twenties when I stanned BTS in 2014 but not once did I think they were babies despite having quite an age gap from them. I think good music and impressive performances transcends age. I got into K-Pop during Se7en's era and I do understand these kids debuting are getting much younger than I am but calling them fetuses and such is really pushing it especially when most of them based from rumors are high school aged (apparently the youngest TXT member will be a 2002 liner, which makes him 16-17 upon debut, certainly a high school student).

I mean this is an industry where we see the entrance ceremony of a lot of our faves in SOPA and Hanlim, which makes them definitely about 15 at debut.

#20 AL2

AL2

Superstar

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4,989 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 08:24 AM (Edited by AL2, 11 January 2019 - 08:24 AM.)

That's true lol. And now look how far they've come.https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot... From being nugus to being the top. https://onehallyu.com//public/style_emot...

They had no privilege. They worked very hard for it I respect that

Up, Up and Away!