Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aelir

Map : The history of Europe, every year since 400 BC

I'm gonna save this and watch it later thanks for posting 

Gonna send this to my friend. She studies civilization and history so I think this vid's gonna help her.

Thanks op

Gonna send this to my friend. She studies civilization and history so I think this vid's gonna help her.

Thanks op

There's also this user on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/user/Cyowari) who does very detailed, HQ and rather accurate as far as I've seen maps of Europe during different periods from 270 BC. :smile:

Ahh~ Turkey probably has the second biggest population rn. We have like 4 millions of Syrian refugees :o

I'm european and they never told us in school about the hunnic, mongol and the ottoman empires :shock:

I'm european and they never told us in school about the hunnic, mongol and the ottoman empires :shock:

not even the ottoman empire? They literally ruled a fairly big part of Europe not too long ago. After WW1,Turkey was established instead. I mean we didn't suddenly disappear :lol:

not even the ottoman empire? They literally ruled a fairly big part of Europe not too long ago. After WW1,Turkey was established instead. I mean we didn't suddenly disappear :lol:

Yes and no, they talked about their role in WW1 of course but not the rest :o

I only remember one poem from about ravaged greek cities after the ottoman soldiers and a little boy crying his dead mother that we had to read in a literature class, but they never talked about it in history so I never really realized it.

And the mongol and hunnic empires are completely news to me :shock:

And the mongol and hunnic empires are completely news to me fD4JAZe.png

Wow, no mention for one of the largest empires in history.

Wow, no mention for one of the largest empires in history.

The mongol invasions are also known for being extremely deadly. And it was also them who brought the Black Death to Europe from China, along with other exchanges. I wonder why they don't teach that at schools.