Forums Rules Staff Themes Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

T R O L L A R C H

Anyone live in the Southwestern states in the US like Texas or Oklahoma?

I'm not a new member, but I would like to know if there are any fellow OHers who live in the southwestern states, particularly Texas. I would just like to get to know anyone who may live near me.

I consider Oklahoma to be my second home. I have family that live there and I spend a lot of time there. I also have relatives in Texas, but I don't visit there much. 

I consider Oklahoma to be my second home. I have family that live there and I spend a lot of time there. I also have relatives in Texas, but I don't visit there much. 

Oh cool. For a second I thought you might live around me, but then I had to read this again laugh.png

Oh cool. For a second I thought you might live around me, but then I had to read this again laugh.png

laugh.png

I visited Texas once when I was little, but the weather chased me away and I haven't been back since. I'm trying to gather enough courage to go back. 

laugh.png

I visited Texas once when I was little, but the weather chased me away and I haven't been back since. I'm trying to gather enough courage to go back. 

Why, because of the hurricanes?

Why, because of the hurricanes?

No, it was because of the heat. I visited with my mom and some family friends during the summer. It was so hot that the air conditioner inside of our car couldn't combat the heat. I couldn't fasten my seatbelt because the metal was so hot. Also, I could barely sit inside of the car because the seats were burning my skin. We stayed at a hotel and that was one of only places I felt relief. Texas had this dry and suffocating heat. When it was time to leave, I couldn't wait. 

No, it was because of the heat. I visited with my mom and some family friends during the summer. It was so hot that the air conditioner inside of our car couldn't combat the heat. I couldn't fasten my seatbelt because the metal was so hot. Also, I could barely sit inside of the car because the seats were burning my skin. We stayed at a hotel and that was one of only places I felt relief. Texas had this dry and suffocating heat. When it was time to leave, I couldn't wait. 

Damn, well I enjoy the heat since I used to live in cold ass Illinois. Yeah it'll get really hot that even the seatbelt itself will make you feel like you're being burned by it.

Damn, well I enjoy the heat since I used to live in cold ass Illinois. Yeah it'll get really hot that even the seatbelt itself will make you feel like you're being burned by it.

I live in the midwest so the cold doesn't bother me as much. My mom can stand more heat than me so she didn't suffer as much as I did. I've heard that Illinois gets a lot of blizzards.  

I live in the midwest so the cold doesn't bother me as much. My mom can stand more heat than me so she didn't suffer as much as I did. I've heard that Illinois gets a lot of blizzards.  

Yep and the terrible weather is part of the reason why my family moved down South.

Yep and the terrible weather is part of the reason why my family moved down South.

Do they like it there? I know when my family moved to Oklahoma, they loved it. They want my mom and me to move down there with them since we practically live there as well. 

Do they like it there? I know when my family moved to Oklahoma, they loved it. They want my mom and me to move down there with them since we practically live there as well. 

Yeah they like it here because of the weather and the city we live in. If y'all get to move to a good city, go for it. 

Yeah they like it here because of the weather and the city we live in. If y'all get to move to a good city, go for it. 

Thanks! one last question, have you ever had Braums? I know they have a few restaurants in Texas and many of them in Oklahoma. 

Thanks! one last question, have you ever had Braums? I know they have a few restaurants in Texas and many of them in Oklahoma. 

Yes once, but it wasn't their served ice cream. I had one of those frozen section ice cream pints. 

Yes once, but it wasn't their served ice cream. I had one of those frozen section ice cream pints. 

Ok. Next time try some of their ice cream, burgers, fries, salads, and other foods. It's delicious! It's one of my favorite places to go to when I'm in Oklahoma.

Ok. Next time try some of their ice cream, burgers, fries, salads, and other foods. It's delicious! It's one of my favorite places to go to when I'm in Oklahoma.

Sure thing! smile.png