Forums Rules Staff Calendar Leaderboard Quick Links Clubs Awards Member Shop OH! Press

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rejeshrimp

A subject you enjoyed but weren't good at?

What subject did you always enjoy but weren't really the best at it? For me it'd be maths. I enjoyed doing it, I liked the logic and the way everything fit together perfectly; I liked the 'definite' answers that it always had.

But I always ended up performing bad in exams lol idk why, it was interesting enough I just never really clicked with certain formulae so my grades overall would suffer.

Astronomy... physics was too difficult but the subject was super interesting

chemistry. Its easier at first step but then it got complicated, I lost my way & so my braincells but bec I love chem I wont give up.

Literature

Maths. I wasn't awful at it, just not great, but i always found maths exams relaxing. You just very methodically work to a formula, much less tiring than english etc.

Maths. Enjoyed working in class, doing homework etc I was on top of everything but came out with a U in the exam??

German.

I'm German and the subject isn't about learning the language but rather books, poems, history of writing/writing, etc. shit like that.

I've been decent all my life until I got into 11th grade (16/17 yrs old). The teacher I've had from then on seemed to hate me. We had to do summaries and interpret certain books, poems and texts. She often gave me lower grades for my interpretations with no real explanations. And when I compared my work with the works of classmates who had up to 3 grades/marks higher than me, I was sure she just had something personal against me. Cause their texts were either close to mine or had more than just a few errors in spelling (which can highly affect your grade) while I had maybe 3 comma errors. I had that teacher for 3 years until I graduated from school and German was a main subject. I hate her to this day.

music. I wanted to be good at music class so badly but I sucked and my sheet music reading skills were like non-existent